Remember that big snow we had?
It's mostly gone
and Halloween Day was a GREAT day!
Shirt sleeve weather
out on the deck.
(See the reflection in the window?
Blue skies and no snow on the hogback hill.)
(See the reflection in the window?
Blue skies and no snow on the hogback hill.)
I lounged in my preppy suit.
wondering what it'd be like to have a date for a Halloween party
Fergi (a LADYbug for the day) stayed inside
and laughed at that idea.
She gloated that Butchy had invited her
(well, she did admit he invited us)
to join him with Snickers
and some other friends for the evening.
But she started worrying about how she looked
and kept asking if her costume was flattering
or if the wings made her look like a flighty red and black gnat.
We finally had a heart to heart talk outside
and
I suggested she try to lighten up and stop worrying
(Big little brothers are good for these kind of talks.)
She confided that she had another specific concern
She told me it was a little embarrassing.
And sort of hard to talk about
Even with me.
(Now I was getting a little worried
and apparently
I got "a little wrinkle going in the middle of my forehead"
(as per my pals Scruffy and Stan)
But Fergi finally spit it out and admitted
Her LADYbug dress didn't have a hole
where she could pee or poo
if she drank or ate too much at Butchy's house.
And she couldn't get it off by herself.
And she felt too shy to ask for help.
She almost decided to not go.
And she looked at Moma hoping for an answer or suggestion.
In the meantime
(HAHAHA Fergi!)
The beautiful Lacie
(she does NOT have a big butt)
kindly agreed to be my Halloween date
costumed as high school sweethearts.
Awwww.
Me?
Really?
No kidding?
My Halloween just got even better.
In the meantime
inside
Moma had made pumpkin treats for some of our doggie friends
And as it got dark
I took my place at the front door.
Waiting.
(Was I supposed to go get Lacie?
Or was she coming here?
I forgot to ask.)
Anyhow.
I was the official greeter
and decided whether or not the trick-or-treaters should get
one treat or a whole handful
(I was typically generous
Because I got lots of pats and squeals
from goblins and ghosts
and
candy corns and witches)
THEN
My bestest neighbor Nessie came to the door
(She's the six month old Scottie that lives next door.)
She picked out a cookie
And her moma helped her nibble on it
What she really wanted to do
was lick off the icing.
Uh oh!
Gotta stop writing.
The doorbell just rang!
Is it Lacie?
Butchy in his plane?
More trick or treaters?
Gotta run!
Happy Halloween!!
Everyone!










34 comments:
You two look great!
I love your costumes!
I hope Fergi fixed "the problem" with her costume!
Your friend sure enjoyed that cookie!
Happy Halloween!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza
Did she come? What happened? Y'all look great
Sally Ann
What a great place to live, all that space. I love your costumes. I am sure Fergi got sorted out with the toilet problem. You look like you are having a happy Howlloween.
Hey maties, sounds like your both going to have a great Halloween. Your costumes are fantastic.
Oh BTW come by our blog. We've pics to show you.
Noah Willow Tess Lucy
Happy Halloween to you and Fergi! We hope there were some adjustments made on her outfit.
How did your date go? Weeeeeee The party sure look so much fun!
- Fudgie, Princess & the Piappies
Happy Halloween!!! You both looked super of course the trouble with these fancy outfits is often working out how to go wee!
We just thought you looked adorable and wish you had come to our door instead of all the scary monsters!!!!
love and kisses
Martha & Bailey xxxxx
ps we can't believe that snow has just disappeared!
Fergi looks kind of mad in her costume. But you look ever so handsome.
Weird weather, huh. We had our windows open yesterday it was so warm.
I don't think you want Lacie ringing your doorbell, just a thought.
Slobbers,
Mango
Your costumes are just wonderful and those pumpkin cookies look so yummy!
Happy Halloween, guys!
Love ya lots
Maggie and Mitch
Well Jake you left us with a real cliffhanger there. Did Fergi manage to sort out her dreadful dilemma? I do hope we're not going to hear that there was an 'accident'?
Cheers, H.
Jake - Very handsome there and Fergi was quite cute. Hope Fergi did not have a wardrobe malfunction.
LOVE your costumes...but who designed them with no pee or poop hole??? Looks like you had a fabulous party with all kinds of treats! Happy Halloween!
your cat pal,
Bruce:)
You guys look pawsome!!! We love how calm you are in your costumes. Mom could never get all of us costumed and in a picture together so we had to go with a collage.
Thanks for sharing the picture of Nessie - such a cutie!!! Although our Mom would like to get a hold of her and work on getting that floofy tail into a pleasing carrot shape!! We told her we bet she hadn't been for her first grooming yet and that once the groomer gets started, she'll get that tail tamed down.
Have a restful Sunday.
XOXO
Lilly, Piper, Carrleigh and Java
Hope you all had a wonderful time. Butchy and Snicker's Mama understands girl dogs. I am sure she helped Fergie with her dilemna.
gussie
Hey guys - love the costumes - you two are too sweet! Did you sort out the 'problem'?
Looks like you had a great Halloween - love your little neighbour!
Big hugs
Sally and Paddy
Hey you guys! Your costumes are great and it looks like you had a "spooky" good time! Them pumpkins look "delish" Mom and me are baking and crafting today and we wish you ALL were here. Wishing you a Happy Sunday and give you mom and the girl a lick on the cheek from my mom and me.
Zoe
We is hopin' that you had just the bestest HOWL-o-weenie ever and ever with lots and lots of treats!
Those are some cookies☺
You both looked absolutely adorable in your costumes.
If I would have come to your house for tricks and treats and seen you as the greeter I would have swept you away from Lacie into the night...that's how handsome you looked.
The Ladybug outfit faux pas is a major problem. Some well placed scissor cuts would do the trick!
Glad you had a great evening.
Hugs from Autumn
I am glad you had such a great Halloween party !
Kisses, Faya
You two look absolutely great.. I am glad you had a realy great time... Hugs GJ xx
TOO CUTE! Jake, your eyes glow the same shade as your blue shirt. Very handsome! I bet Lacie was best pleased to have such a handsome date. And Fergi's outfit is adorable. She is (dare I say it) cute as a lady bug! Wardrobe incident aside (really, who designs these things), it just seems to match her personality. I hope you all had fun at your party. Your little scottie neighbor has the same name as my litter sister. However, I think Lily, Carrleigh, Jazzi and I need to fly out there and take her to a proper scottie spa. These young girls need direction in proper grooming least their beardies and brows get out of control. Us bearded ladies have to really work it to keep from looking like a JOCK instead of a DIVA. No comment on the tail...except maybe...Lassie doesn't live here!
arroooooo
Bonnie
You guys just looked so cute in your outfits! I hope you had a great time celebrating Spookie Day!
Kisses,
Stella
What wonderful costumes! Jake, you look so handsome and Fergie is enchanting. I hope mom was able to fix the costume problem so Fergie was more comfortable and that your dates were sweet and special. All in all, it looks like you had a great Halloween! (Your mom makes really delicious looking cookies)!
Wow!!
Such a BEAUTIFUL costumes
Its perfect for Halloween :))
I hope you had many fun ....
hugs
Kareltje =^.^=
what a GREAT halloween! I love your costumes and those cookies, oh my... they look to DIE for!
xoxo,
Brownie
How khute!
Tank woo fur sharing all those khool pikhs!
Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra
PeeEssWoo: Ummmmm, Lacie's butt is big!
Wooos! Cute costumes, although you would never get me into one, unless cheese was involved... cut little scottie that came to visit, can I come get a cookie too?
-Kira The BeaWootiful
Hello there! Great kostumes you two! Anymore cookies left, by the way...?
Cheers,
Maxx
Wonderfull costumes..You see this is exactly why I won't wear any clothes.... these are serious issues to wory about for little girl dogs like us...... Isn't this weather funny? It is warm again here too!! Love and kisses A+A
You two look so great in your costumes! I love the colors. So perfect on you.
Luv,
Duffy
J and F
Hey wow.. no pee or poop shoots! Now that's more frightening than my fright week! Nice work with the trick or treaters and mom gets kudos.. cookies for the pups! I'll give u my address to send it over..
Happy halloween!
norwood
Awwww...you two looked really wonderful! We don't have much Halloween activity here in South Africa, so it has been a real treat to see it all from a distance - a real cultural eye-opener!
But you guys were very cute and we love those doggie biscuits that you were handing out. Wish we could have arrived at your door.
Thanks for sharing it all.
Lotsalicks
MAXDOG IN SOUTH AFRICA
G'day Jake & Fergi
We definitely have plans to visit your wonderful State. Maybe not next year or the year after but it will happen. We'll come visit for sure lol.
D & B (Noah's pinkies)
Oh Jake...(Lacie sighs dreamily....) I had the most wonderful time with you at the Pawty...I adored the way you held the door for me and pulled out my chair before I sat...(some of my other dates have been known to slam the door in my face and pull the chair out so I fall on my derrier, but we won't mention any names....)
Thank you ever so much for spilling that wine (and digging that girl...) and turnin' your outfit purple...did ya get the pic I sent???
Oh my...you are a lovely, handsome gentleman and I was proud to have you escort me, dear Jake!!!
Kisses...Laciegirlie
Pee ess...I dunno what to say bout Fergie's little problem...sorta like paintin' urself into a corner...
Hi guys!
Loved your outfits! You both look fantastic!! But I noticed that you're not smiling on many of your photos. I don't blame you for that. You'd never get me to wear those outfits. I feel sorry for Fergi having to dress like a ladybug. I'd hide under the deck until Thanksgiving if I had to wear that. But, Fergi, you did look bootful, and those colors are great on you!
Kudos to the photographer for being able to get all those great photos.
Love and Koobuss Kisses,
Koobie
Post a Comment