The last thing that I can remember
for sure
Was waiting by the Door.
It had been a quiet Halloween Night
and I'd spent part of my time
wondering what it would be like to have a date
and go to a party.
It's usually pretty quiet around here
and I'd never done anything like that before.
Moma had been enjoying a glass of wine.
It looked like one of Lacie's creamy smoothies
but I wouldn't know about those things.
Yet.
Anyhow.
I had a teeny little accident near it.
A bump.
A minor collision
And my preppy blue vest
got stained
PURPLE
It wasn't a big problem
and
I guess I laid down and took a nap.
The next thing I knew
I was in the company of the Lovely Miss Lacie.
photo by Lacie's personal photographer
She was stunning.
I was proud to be standing next to her.
And I knew.
Once and for all.
None of the ugly things that I had heard about her were valid.
Not one.
She was a Dream come true.
A Lady.
A Beautiful One.
With a Nicely Proportioned Figure
(as if that matters to me)
And a very pleasant Disposition.
I was enjoying My First Date.
With Lacie.
We danced and danced.
And enjoyed each other's company.
Till the wee hours of the night.
The rest of the evening was sort of a blur.
I sort of remember winning a contest.
Her prize was a New State-of-the-Art Blender
and mine was
a motorized Rat
that looked like a bulbous hedgehog
and barked like a dog
and sang like an old nasal rocker.
Weird.
But useful.
I guess.
I woke at home to the melody of
"I Could Have Danced All Night"
and
found the annoying Rat in my room.
The obvious thing was to attack
I was determined to bring an end to that irritation.
I wanted this dream to be true.
I wanted the memories of My First Date to last forever.
I had had the night of my life.
Meanwhile
Fergi
Had experiences of her own.
She shared with me
that in her apparent slumber
(which is usually quite light
and easily disturbed)
Butchy's Yellow Plane
arrived in our backyard.
I was proud to be standing next to her.
And I knew.
Once and for all.
None of the ugly things that I had heard about her were valid.
Not one.
She was a Dream come true.
A Lady.
A Beautiful One.
With a Nicely Proportioned Figure
(as if that matters to me)
And a very pleasant Disposition.
I was enjoying My First Date.
With Lacie.
We danced and danced.
And enjoyed each other's company.
Till the wee hours of the night.
The rest of the evening was sort of a blur.
I sort of remember winning a contest.
Her prize was a New State-of-the-Art Blender
and mine was
a motorized Rat
that looked like a bulbous hedgehog
and barked like a dog
and sang like an old nasal rocker.
Weird.
But useful.
I guess.
I woke at home to the melody of
"I Could Have Danced All Night"
and
found the annoying Rat in my room.
The obvious thing was to attack
I was determined to bring an end to that irritation.
I wanted this dream to be true.
I wanted the memories of My First Date to last forever.
I had had the night of my life.
Meanwhile
Fergi
Had experiences of her own.
She shared with me
that in her apparent slumber
(which is usually quite light
and easily disturbed)
Butchy's Yellow Plane
arrived in our backyard.
She doesn't remember many details
on his deck
by his moma
with
(get this)
Her Knight in Shining Armor
Later than evening
(according to her recount of the evening)
They got silly
and he dressed as a (very Handsome, as per Fergi)
Court Jester.
He made her giggle.
(That's a HUGE milestone!)
And she told me she had "so so much fun!"
You may recall her little costume dilemna?
Well
Apparently Butchy's moma has had
some exceptionally good experience with little girl dogs
and she was able to help Fergi
when nature called.
There were no accidents.
But then.
The question remains.
Was it just a dream?
It was clearly a new experience for both of us.
Far from anything we've ever known
Before.
But we both agree.
It was heavenly.
And no one.
NO ONE
is going to take away the memories.
One Night of Tender Romance.
For Two Special Wires.









32 comments:
HEHE
You and Miss Lacie are lovely together (When is your weddding ;)
I love your clothes
almost everyday other colors
your Mommy is very creative !!
hugs for all
Kareltje =^.^=
I am so happy you and your sisfur had such a good time. You both looked wonderful.
Kisses,
Stella
Jake, my man, if you love Miss Lacie, she is all yours. Who knows, maybe you are just the chap to subdue the savage little beast.
As for Fergi and Butchy, they are just adorable together.
I loved seeing you turn your freak on that little stuffie.
Slobbers,
Mango
Wooos! I hope is was not a dream..... may you all live happily ever after, once upon a dream.
-Kira The BeaWootiful
What a dreamy evening!!
XOXO
Lilly, Piper, Carrleigh and Java
What an incredible night for both you and Fergie. A first date is forever the most special...that is why they are often called "Dream Dates"! It is so wonderful that you both have found such security in the love of your family that neither of you is afraid of reaching out and loving others. Don't worry, Jake those memories of the other night live in your heart now eternally.
P.S. nice job ratting! You have the perfect "kill it" dance.
Oh Jakie...that RAT is a problem...you were like all over him and he kept going like the Energizer Bunny!!! That pic of the wine spillin'...I'm so glad you didn't buy into tryin' some of Mango's stoopid SUDS on that stain...I thought you looked so manly in purple...
I had a lovely lovely time with you...my new blender has already been workin' hard whipping up some apple cider smoothies...deeeeeelish!!!
Love and kisses...
Laciegirl
Pee ess...I'm going to dry that bootiful corsage!!!
Dream, Jake or NIGHTMARE????
Lacie obviously likes you...or she woulda had ya for breakfast...
Mumsie plucked another tick off her today...lotsa screechin'...Mumsie not Lacie...
Miss Fergie looked pawsitively adorable with Butcho...they looked as though they had a lovely time!!
Great job on surviving...
Pawslaps...Scruffy and Stanners
Jake
No way was it a dweam..I heawd fwom my BFF Lacie and she was waving about what a faboolous dancew you awe and what a gweat time she had wif you and how handsome you looked and how considewate you wewe to make youw outfit match hews completely and that lovely cowsage that she will keep fuwwevew.and on and on..( you know how she gets)
It sounded pawfect! and I think the two of you looked incwedible wondewful
as fow my sissie Fewgi
You can't imagine how happy I am that you went out wif Butchy..he is a gentle lovepup and soo considewate aways . I just know he must have tweated you wondewfully. He is tewwibly handsome as a knight , ow even a jestew..(some guys can pull off any look) and you , my sweet sissy wewe absolutley bweaftaking as a sweet little lady bug.
Heawing that he made you giggle is the best of all.
Those awe twooly memowies to be chewished
smoochie kisses
ASTA sissie
What a good time you had, I do not believe it was just a dream. You sure took it out on the stuffy.
If it was a dream, what a beautiful one... I hope it was real... Hugs GJ xx
Oh, I know Fergie's was not a dream. I remember the view from that deck very well. We are glad both of you had a special night.
gussie
Jake!
Jake!!
Jake!!!
Other khanines (and other species) have tried but...
Maybe woo are the one!
Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra
Wow that was quite a dream, I kind of wish I had dreams like that. Mine are mostly about food.
licks and sniffs, Sasha
I do like a bit of romance Jakie. And a lot of the fox trotting. You and er Lacie and Fergie and Butchy make mostest handsome couples. i think. Sometimes dreams do come true. So I've been told. But better to keep your mince pie peepers on all things purple. Ok?
Wiry loves n kisses Eric xx
Your hunting skills are coming on a treat jake. Can you teach me?
As we told Miss Lacie, this could be the start of something new. You two looked like the perfect couple. Could there be a new Lacie on the horizon?
And we are so happy that Fergi had a delightful date too. Butchy makes quite the wonderful knight.
Woos, the OP Pack
It sounds like you both had a wonderful time with your dates!
You surely did shake that rat up, Jake! We loved the videos!
Love ya lots
Maggie and Mitch
What a lovely evening for both of you.
Sally Ann
Wow, guys, looks like you had a super Halloween! And believe it or not, it was not a dream. Sometimes, good things happen to good doggies, even on nights when ghosts, goblins, and witches are at play.
Glad that you had fun!
Love and Koobuss Kisses,
Koobie
Hi Jake and Fergi,
That is a very cute post!! We liked it a lot.
So glad you two had suck a good time on your night out dream!! Nice you each had that night out the same night.Good job!
Lve you, Bambi and her Mom ( Fern )
HOLY COW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU GO JAKE!!!! WOW DO YOU HAVE IT IN YOU OR WHAT!!!!! Such form, style and grace in the way you attacked that rat...the head bobbing back and forth back and forth....the throwing it down and picking it up...YOU ARE IN AN ADVANCED CLASS NOW JAKIE!!!!!!!!!!! Hooo doggie....As for those dates???? Archie says he keeps hearing"I could have danced all night........" WE love a nice romance.....Love A+A PS Snickers Mom is so good when it comes to "those" things....
Like a fairyttail! Pawsome! Thanks for sharing!
Cheers,
Maxx
Hi, Jake and Fergie!
I hope it was not a dream!
Sure you two had pawesome dates!
Good job with that Rat!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza
Your dates sound wonderful! Glad you had an enjoyable Halloween!
Geez Jake...that was sure a wonderful dream...a lot better than my fright week nightmares! But I have one question for you...you don't do that shaking thing to cats do you?
your cute, little, friendly, cat buddy,
Bruce:)
Hee hee, when you said the annoying rat was still there in the morning, I thought for a moment maybe Lacie had stayed over! Glad you had a swell time with her. I'll be sending your "Lacie Date Survivor" blue rubber bracelet shortly. There is a whole support network available through this growing fraternity of survivors. Perhaps you're just the man to settle her down and soothe that savage beasty! She'll keep you on your toes, so keep exercising with that rat!
Your pal,
Petey
Jake this was a wonderful post. It totally made me smile. And believe me if I were a doggie and not a person I would be extra honored to be your date! You and Fergie both looked so adorable in your costumes.
Please tell your mom how much I appreciated her comments about Floyd and love the idea of writing everything I can think of down. It is amazing how many things come flooding back!
Oh Jake, how incredibly romantic - the date with Lacie sounded like a dream it was so lovely.
We enjoyed the story and the pics. We also loved the two of you in your costumes!
Your post was just perfect.
love you lots
Martha & Bailey xxx
Oh Jake...I can't believe I missed your call!!! Mumsie had to go to the dentist and I like had to watch the boyz forever...sheesch...it was exhausting and I guess I missed my cell...
I'll give ya a call tomorrow!!!
Hugs and kisses...
Laciegirlie
Pee ess...DO NOT listen to Petey...he's just bitter cuz I didn't like become his girliefriend after he gave me the Rose on his bachelor show...But Archie threatened to go into a monastery...life just gets so complicated at times!!!
Kisses...Lac!~
Sweet Fewgi and Jake
I KNOW THAT YOU HAD NOTHING TO DO WIF THE POOTEW PWOBLEMS that youw Moma is having..stoopid pootew.
We awe vewy sowwy that you have to deal wif the fwustwation.
I wish we could make it disappeaw.
Twy to distwact hew wif youw adowable antics
smoochie kisses youw sissie
ASTA
Hope you are celebrating Dona Nobis Pacem (Grant Us Peace)Day. And may all in your family be at peace!
Post a Comment