Winston here.
AKA FosterBoy or Wheeless Wheelie or W2
(I prefer Winston, thank you.)
I'm settling in nicely.
My arrival has promoted a resurgence of proper British customs within this home.
And everyone is enjoying that.
It is delightful.
I must say.
(More on all of that in a future writing.)
But now, I'd like to share
The concern and sensitivity my new family has had
regarding my paws
(which are rough and sore in this dry climate)
and my (undetermined and hence unknown) loss of proper wheels.
There had been some discussion about trying to provide me
with a set of vintage push-along wheels
similar to my original set.
But, alas, they seem to no where be found.
At least on this side of the pee.
But one day my family returned home
after a second-hand shopping trip
(a regular occurrence - it seems there can never be enough wool in this house)
Full of enthusiasm and excitement.
After a few measurements
(I never expected a tape measure to be applied to my self
outside of a proper gentlemen's fitting room)
We left together for some destination unbeknownst to me.
As it was rather cold - the first snowfall having arrived -
I was warmly bundled and wrapped.
And held carefully in the front seat of the car.
(Odd that there was no steering wheel on this side.)
They fit me well.
Not exactly like what I had once called my own.
Instead a bit of a modern innovation


AKA FosterBoy or Wheeless Wheelie or W2
(I prefer Winston, thank you.)
I'm settling in nicely.
My arrival has promoted a resurgence of proper British customs within this home.
And everyone is enjoying that.
It is delightful.
I must say.
(More on all of that in a future writing.)
But now, I'd like to share
The concern and sensitivity my new family has had
regarding my paws
(which are rough and sore in this dry climate)
and my (undetermined and hence unknown) loss of proper wheels.
There had been some discussion about trying to provide me
with a set of vintage push-along wheels
similar to my original set.
But, alas, they seem to no where be found.
At least on this side of the pee.
But one day my family returned home
after a second-hand shopping trip
(a regular occurrence - it seems there can never be enough wool in this house)
Full of enthusiasm and excitement.
After a few measurements
(I never expected a tape measure to be applied to my self
outside of a proper gentlemen's fitting room)
We left together for some destination unbeknownst to me.
As it was rather cold - the first snowfall having arrived -
I was warmly bundled and wrapped.
And held carefully in the front seat of the car.
(Odd that there was no steering wheel on this side.)
It was cozy and we all enjoyed the ride.
There.
And back.
Once we had returned home
I learned the reason for the trip.
My people had found me some new wheels.
Which proved to be a curiosity to both Jake and Fergi
They fit me well.
Not exactly like what I had once called my own.
Instead a bit of a modern innovation
With some degree of sophistication
and
most importantly
unadulterated function.
the Big Blue Wagon.
So
When the next snow fell
I could be outside and enjoy it.
Warm and dry.
With mobility.
On smooth clear surfaces.
And while wheels are generally not allowed on countertops
or other sorts of furniture
Exceptions are sometimes made.
They do occasionally give me a bit of additional height
to enjoy my world
with my people and my live wires.
The message I received?
I am loved.
And I'm respected.
And we all continue to enjoy one another.




38 comments:
Winston how wonderful! We are so glad that your clever family found such a unique and innovative way to grant you the dignity of mobility. They obviously all love you very, very much! And Winston? You DO look just like you belong in the Rockies with your proper winter gear and your alternative energy transportation!
Winston - You might need some chains for the wheels really, really soon. Or maybe some skis.
That is so nice. I just love the idea your folks had.. Now you can join in all the games .. How lovely.. Hugs Gj xx
Awesome, Winston!!! And blue is our favorite color. Isn't it nice how you can put a blanket in the wagon to keep your feeties warm.
Happy Wheelin' and Rollin'
Tail wags, the OP Pack
Hi Winston,
We think your new wheels are super special, just like you and your family.
XOXO
Lilly, Piper, Carrleigh and Java
Hmmm when it starts to snow heavily you might like to attach a pair of skis to your blue wagon. Now that will be fun!!!
tailwags
Noah x
Your little blue wagon is just perfect for you, Winston!
You sure are a snappy dresser!
Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch
Wonderful Wheels. And we love the hat!
gussie
Winston dear. Enid here. Eric is doubled up on the floor hooting with laugher. Snorting. And worse. Much worse. Uncouth youth. Let's ignore him.
What an wonderful set of wheels your A Merry Can family purchase for you Winston dear boy. Spiffing. Most dignified. And so useful. But do remember Winston for some strange reason they drive on the wrong side of the road over the big pee. Which means you must wheel that side too. You might need some grippers on your tires if it snows much more and remember to oil your wheels every week with WD40 and carry your puncture repair kit at all times. Or I shall worry about you. But today your post and pictures made me very happy for you. I even did a little skid of joy.
Fondest love to you all Winston, Miss Enid xxxxx
You are a mobile dude now for sure. Just watch out for the snow banks because you could flip over and then where would you be?
Slobbers,
Mango
Do take the Thundering Herds advice for chains, and I might add for four footed people, snowshoes can be very useful.
You look so snuggy in your winter duds!
Kisses,
Stella
What a wonderful set a of wheels for a great wheelie.
Sally Ann
Deawest Winston
Loved and wespected, you cewtainly awe!!!
The cawe youw family takes to insoowe youw evewy need is heawtwawming. youw wondewful hat and blankie and socks and now that most tewwific blue wagon. Mywna and Womy awe fullof admiwation, though they too echo the concewns of miss Enid..watch out fow a Merry can dwivews and theiw habits. I think skis ow snowboawds attached fow heaview snow might mak fow a lovely smoof wide too.
I love that you awe almost as big as My sissie and Bwuvvew in youw new wheels.
Enjoy the view and go cawefully sweet Winston
smoochie kisses
ASTA
It's so pretty where you live. Mom says she wants to move back to the Rockies. I miss swimming in the rivers.
xo
SB
Winston...I wonder to what Miss Enid was referring when she said that Eric was doubled up on the floor snorting and well...something...she is such a lady; I guess I can only imagine what Eric was doing...Scruff and Stan do it all the time when they laff too hard and then we all hafta leave the room...sheesch...
You look SPEC TACK U LAR in those new wheels!!!!! I'm surprised that Mango's wheelie Hector didn't have an all out jelly fit as he is similarly attired...but not in blue!! That makes ya almost as tall as the live wires as you call
em...perhaps I shall get myself some wheels...so I can be taller than Stanley...I am so tired of being short and gettin' stepped on and run over by those boyz...
Tell Fergie I tried her phonie today, but she wasn't in...I'll try again this weekend or on Monday so we can catch up!!!!
Kisses sweet Winston, my little W2!!!!!
Laciegirlie
Nice wheels. I'd like to get on the counters too. I can only reach the table. Keep warm
Deefor
Fur sure!
The Herd's advice is to be heeded!
Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra
Hello Winston,
I hope you will find a way to celebrate your new wheels...like a cake, some ice-cream, champagne, treats....
Kisses, Faya
Congratulations!! What a super surprise and super fancy wheels. I just hope the duo aren't too jealous.
Can't wait to see your halloween costumes!!
I'll be popping in and out watching for more.
Lakie luv, Autumn
I'm so delighted to see you have wheels again - what a lovely thoughtful new family you have.
My 'wheelie' WFT Judy had one of her paws torn off her wheels, so she knows how you must have suffered loosinng all of yours.
Love, pats & pets
Blue [and Woodstock & Judy]
Ah Winston, how nice to see you mobile again after all these years.
Your blue truck is certainly not the vintage resurrection you were hoping for but nevertheless functional.
It is allowing you to scoot around and see all there is to see.
We can see from the collage that Jake and Fergi are intrigued with your new found wheels.
Be mindful of their nudging you with their noses - in particular if you happen to be at the top of a steep hill.
We can only begin to imagine what your family would come up with if you suffered a head injury as a result of impact!
Still you did mention wool - yes we guess they could knit you a new head if need be.
Or perhaps mend it......with vinegar and brown paper? Or was that pepper?
love and kisses
Martha & Bailey xxxx
Love your new wheels Winston...have you ever thought about adding an engine? Might want to talk to Kevin about that.
your cat pal,
Bruce:)
So Eric was snorting eh....Well we are glad you have a mode of transportation( however where will you be traveling to one wants to know???) and we do like your hat...and Cyril says to send his regards( hmmmmmm) if he could stop dancing with archie for one moment I will let him see this post......... Let's just say we are keeping our peeps open a little( as our pal over the pee said to do.....) Love A+A PS Cyril wants ot know if you have had any good puddings over there?
Kinda of like a skateboard, Dude! Have fun!
Winston,
Just had to let you know that we had porridge for breakfast this morning! I had cream and cinnamon on mine and it was the perfect warmer for a chilly morning!
Oh Winston what an awesome site to see you being mobile and looking so dapper! I'd love to go for a ride on your wagon some time cuz I don't like getting my feet wet.
Be careful on the snow and ice!
Licks...
Tucker
A Winston Wagon!! that's just perfect...
You deserve to be loved and respected, mwah!
We're glad you're "on the road" again.
Thank you so much for coming to my retirement send off. It meant a lot to me that you were there. It has been a pleasure getting to know you and sharing stories about Asta.
Love to you and your family.
Winston,
Really like your new wheeles!! Now you can keep up with the family!!
Love the place you live at!! It is so pretty!!
Love you all, Bambi and her Mom
Of course you are loved!
Now you can go everywhere with all the family!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza
Good evening TwoSpecialWires
It is already a snow scene.
It is ume tyan that enjoys autumn still.
Approaching at Christmas is felt and my mind.
The wheel widens the range of life.
And, nature allows us.
Time of the weekend feeling the warmth of wonderful sunlight. C:
from loved ume tyan
Hello there! Great pics, wish we have snow here..Thanks for sharing it with us!
Cheers,
Maxx
Winston,
I was honored that my blog was the one you left your first comment upon! Now you are truly one of us, not just a spectator anymore! Thanks, Fergie and Jake, for showing Winston around! Have a great weekend.
Winston.. I think u may need snow tires on your new wheelie wagon. Super cool! I see mom's adorned you in wool already. YOu fit right in.. like a hand to a glove
norwood
What great wheels - we think you will move around in style with those! But do be careful - all that snow and ice!
By the way - we agree - maybe Douglas and Jake are related? Long lost cousins or something?
Lots of licks
Sally and Paddy
Winston, Great looking wheels! Your family must love you a ton.
-Skyler's Mom
Winston that is such wonderful news that you have wheels now. Sure, they are a bit different but they help to make you uniquely you! They seem just perfect!
The best part about the wagon, that you could never do with your traditional wheels, is you can carry sandwiches and snacks!! I would say you have been improved and I hope you enjoy your new mobility!!
Post a Comment