Sunday, October 18, 2009

Autumn in Its Glory

We like all sorts of weather.


But Saturday couldn't have been a more beautiful day.

The temperature was in the low 70s F (~22° C)
There was a slight breeze.
The sky was crystal clear.

We'd been hoping the weekend would be like this
'cause we'd been planning a trip to Red Rocks Park
which is less than four miles (6 km) from our home.

If you'd like to see
We'd like to share 
A few of our views.













And if you'd like to see more
Moma helped us put together a Smileybox for you.
With some captions.
So you can get a better feel for where we live.

(We're biased. But we think it's worth it.)
Sit back.  And relax.
And welcome to our world.

(Some have mentioned that they're having trouble viewing the Smilebox
others are apparently able to.
We guess bottom line it takes patience and luck.)

          Click to play this Smilebox slideshow: Autumn in Our Foothills
Happy Autumn (or Spring!) everybloggie.
Life is Good!


32 comments:

Martha said...

Oh my goodness - what an amazing Smilebox!
Great photos - loved all those blue skies and red rocks - awesome.
We were really glad that none of you guys did fall into a canyon!
It really was magical- how lucky you are to go for a hike through those great rocks.
Just think of the stories they could tell you if only they could talk.
One of our human brothers is into geology and he would tell you that they can talk!
We will send him your Smilebox cos he will just love it.
We liked the halloween surprise! What a great place for children to go at halloween.
We did wonder if there was anyone living in the caves?
Now of course we know you live in the valley we will be right over.
Thank goodness none of those big rocks fell down - at one point you guys were walking up the trail and right above you there was a huge boulder looking a bit precarious.
Thank you so much for putting that together for us - must have taken ages!
We really enjoyed seeing your part of the world.
Of course our Dad always has a moan about how plants and trees can grow out of bare rock - he lovingly tends to his and a lot of them don't make it!!!
love
Martha & Bailey xxxx

Angel Ginger Jasper said...

Wow what a beautiful post.. I loved the views.. Beatiful scenery, sky and views.. Wow just gorgeous... Thanks for showing us the lovely place you live in. Hugs GJ xx

Noah the Airedale said...

Thankyou for sharing the smilebox. Gosh it reminds us of the area we live in as we are surrounded by sandstone to.
You live in a beautiful part of the world.

tailwags
Noah x

Tucker said...

All I can get out is WOWWWWWWSER!!!!!!!!!!!! That is one beauuuuuutiful place! My humom is kinda miffed right now cuz her puter locked up half-way through the Smilebox, but I got to see enough to know that you two and your humans are very brave and also very lucky to live so close to so much beauty. Give your mumzy a special big lick for me for sharing and taking all that time to make the show!

Licks...
Tucker (who just got told it's time for a bath....)

Agatha and Archie said...

Boo hoo we have to come back as we can't see the pictures!!!!!! Love A+A

White Dog Blog said...

Red Rocks State Park is one of my favorite places to visit when we go to Denver! Last year, we went right after a rainstorm and my white feet turned red! You live in a very beautiful area, I am glad that you like to hike and enjoy the outside so much! Your pictures made me want to get everyone into the car and head North

Duffy said...

Wow, what a beautiful place you have to roam around in. And what a glorious day! A huge contrast from the grey day enveloping the grey pavement I just came in from. Thanks for the lovely smilebox.
Luv,
Duffy

Lorenza said...

Your place is amazing!
Thanks for sharing all those pictures!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Duke said...

All we got was a big black picture but we could hear the music! Poopoo! We'll come back later! The pictures on your post are just awesome! What a special place!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

Gus said...

OMD you live in a beauteous spot.

Gussie

Dexter said...

What beautiful countryside you have. Thanks so much for sharing.

Slobbers,
Mango

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

So Fergi...

Life is good?

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra
PeeEssWoo: Tank woo fur sharing!

D.K. Wall said...

Our humans have been to Red Rocks Park (somehow, we were not there - how unfair) and it is beautiful.

Faya said...

Oh it is so beautiful. I wish I could come and visit you...
Kisses, Faya

Farfel said...

Very beautiful, just like you Lovely Miss Fergi :)

Farfel

ScrapsofMe said...

What an awesome walkie! I gots tired just watchin! And that scarry girl jumpin out at me...woah! Skeered me! I had no idea of the size of those boulders till I saw the visitors center and noticed that it looked small nestled up next to the rocks.

But tell me....did you mean to say you get mineral powders out of yer rear end? Or did I just not understand?

Sniffies all around,
Bonnie

Maxmom said...

Hey there, Jake & Fergie
(We were one of the unlucky ones!...just heard the music...'sob'!)
Anyway, the pictures on your post tell of your 'wonderful world'! It must be a geologist's paradise.
Thank you for sharing your special place on this planet.
Licks
MAXDOG IN SOUTH AFRICA

Asta said...

Jake and Fewgie
What a gowgeous countwyside you live in!!!!
I felt like I was on the hike wif you..I was a little scawed and weady to wush in and pwotect you when you got neaw the edge, but thank dog you came away and wewe safe.
I loved seeing youw haiw blowing in the wind when you wewe in the caw, and those aspens quivewing in the bweeze awe my favowites. Mommi says natoowe shoowe is the bestest awtist awound
smoochie kisses
ASTA

Bruce said...

Looks oh so beautiful! Enjoy!
your cat pal,
Bruce:)

Rocky Creek Scotties and Rocky Creek Ramblings said...

What beautiful pictures- we always like to see a little part of our world. It makes us feel so close to you.

XOXO
Lilly, Piper, Carrleigh and Java

Paco,Milo, Maya and mommy Simona said...

OMDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!
We can't believe that exist these wonderful places on the earth!!!
And you live in one of them!!!!
WOWOOOWOOOOO!!!
You're sooooooooooooooo lucky sweet J&F!!!!
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwww....how much we would love live close to you and walking together discovring such an amazing places!!!
We loved your smilebox.....thanks for sharing with us and thanks for taking us along with you!!!!
You're very very special friends!!!!
We love you a lot!!!!
Take care!!!
Tons of love and kisses!!
SMACKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!

Kelly said...

Oh my goodness, what a beautiful example of God's work right there in your own backyard! Those views are breathtaking.
Thanks for taking us along with you! I still intend to move in with you guys- Colorado seems so lovely. Jake, Fergs, Wheeless Wheelie, and Pearl! A perfect pack!! :D

Bobby said...

Wow great views, what a wonderful place.

Astrid Keel said...

MEEEEHHHH The smilebox didn't work on my computer..! We need to get it fixed...

Wonderful photos... we're envious!

Tosca the Lakeland Terrier said...

Now that is a beautiful place. You guys are so lucky to have it close by! I would kill to train my homie there.

Lacy said...

w00fs, what a bute ti ful place..me cant c the moving piksurs but the still ones me liked a lot...i will keep trying to c the video..

b safe,
~rocky~

pps and its sooo very nice to meet u both...

Lenny said...

Hey guys! Thanks for checking on me. My mom has been super busy and we've had no time to update my blog or read about my friends. I hope you two are well and I am going to try to catch up with everybody soon. What beautiful pictures!!

Your friend, Lenny

animal lover, quilt lover said...

Hello Jake and Fergi,
Oh you live in the mountains!! SOSO pretty!! I am so glad you both got rescued and have a forever home. My Bambi and our kitty, Happy were rescued too.
Yes family and friend are what is important in this world. And for me all animals are my family.
Thank you so much for coming to my blog!!! I love people who love animals!!
Love you all, Bambi, Happy and Fern

Scruffy, Lacie and Stanley's Place said...

Oh Sniff, Fergie and Jakie...we just got a black screen with bootiful music!!! We'll hafta come back and look again...but the other pix you posted are absolutely georgous...who piled all those rocks up like that? Someone who knows terriers, huh??? And they are so red!!!

Now, I forgot I hadn't warned you that I'm a Lakie on the outside, but I have a water drive like a lab...although I am a Lakeland...like a lake, huh...heh heh heh...anyway...I ADORE showers and heaven help whoever gets in my way which today was Mumsie's forearmie...sheeshch...can you believe she commandered MY BLOGGIE and made those grossly exagerated statements about me....I also adore: ovens...hot or cold...doesn't matter, the dishwasher, the dryer lint thingie and underneath any bed...well, they said they bred the flakie outta the Lakie, but um maybe not quite...anyway, I'm supposed to be in the naughty corner, but I LAUGH AT THAT...

Terriers...it's all about the attitude...

Kisses sweet dogs...

Laciegirlie

Scruffy, Lacie and Stanley's Place said...

Hey Jakie...did ya see me waving at you from that hot air balloon last week???? I have no idea why all those cameras and helicopters and everything were following me...I had tried out a new fur rinse that day...musta been the pupparazzi for pix?

Kisses...Lac

Amy & the house of cats said...

Wow, you live in such an amazing place - it is so beautiful. We loved the smilebox - the only problems I had with it were that it attracted a tiny furry person who couldn't figure out why he couldn't get to the music and pictures (Barney was just fascinated completely). Thanks for sharing with us!

Joe Stains said...

We are playing catch up! Those pics look a lot more like where we live, so cool!