Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Snow Day! Snow Play!

Today was the BEST day of my life
but then
all days are the best day of my life
ever since I got my family.

But today was SPECIAL.
For me
For lots of reasons.

I got to sleep late this morning
cuddled with Jake in my Girl's arms.


Know why?

Because today was a SNOW DAY!
NO SCHOOL!

It snowed a LOT last night
and it's s'posed to keep snowing till Thursday night.

And you know what else?
I LOVE SNOW!!!
Jake's not crazy about it.
But I LOVE IT!!!

Today's snow was really really deep.


Jake is no dummy.
He liked to aim straight for the edges.


He wasn't all that crazy about it.
But he's a good sport
and at least stayed outside with me.

But I wanted more!

So I got on my cell right away and called Asta and Lacie and Agatha.
I invited them to come play with me.
or
As Our Girl would say
To Hang Out.

In my mind
It would be all play!

And they did it!
They all came to Colorado.
I'd been so looking forward to the day that they would do that!

Sadly
in their rush to get here
They forgot to bring winter coats.

But they still joined us in the snow.

Asta arrived first.


(I think Lacie was delayed trying to get her pink tutu off.)

She wondered why I was standing under a big branch covered in snow.
Why?
Because it's FUN!

It made me soooo happy to be in the snow with my sissie and my friends.

Jake and I forged a path to make it easier to move.


And we girls romped and hopped through the snow.


I took them down to see the pond
and the ducks and the muskrat that were swimming around.


We had to pause every once in a while to catch our breath


Our legs were getting REALLY heavy.

No wonder.
Look.


We turned into four-legged snowballs.

When we went inside
We all took hot showers to quickly melt those heavy clunkers.


Meanwhile
Lacie was in the kitchen
stirring up some smoothies.

I asked her to make them hot toddies of some sort
and showed her the cabinet where some of the bottles she might use
were shelved.

We had some serious warming up to do.
And it was great to do so with friends
by the fire.

(We all fell asleep and didn't get any pictures.)

We've probably got almost two feet of snow by Wednesday night.
And more is on its way.

A record breaking storm for Colorado's October history.
They're saying we could get another foot by Thursday night!

Woo hoo!

Anyone is welcome to come play!
This snow will stay on the ground for a few days.
Bring warm clothes!
And lots of energy.

It'll be fun!





32 comments:

Asta said...

Sissie Fewgie
I'm in heaven!!
Thank you soo much! Hewe I was bowed to deaf, all by myself in wainy NewYAwk, and you invited me to youw wintew wondewland..I love snow too!!!
What fun..Lacie squeeled when we hit hew wif that snowball (but I could tell she was giggling and having fun)
This is the best.. and sitting wif all of you in fwont of the fiwe and wawming up wif Lacie's bwew, heheh, no wondew I felled asneep in middle of Agatha's ghost stowies.I can't wait fow tomowwow and mowe of the same
Thank you again dawling sissie and Jake fow staying out thewe playing wif us even though it's not youw favowite..I pwomise we'll make it up to you.
Do you think we could go sledding tomowwow??
I'm going to go dweam about it now
sweet dweams to all
smoochie kisses
ASTA

Sally said...

That looks like fun!!!! I love snow - we have no idea what Paddy thinks - we cannot wait for our first snowfall to see his reaction.

Great you could ask Asta and Lacie to join you - there is nothing better than having a snow-in. Hope your house is well stocked - if not we can airlift care packages to you!

Shouldn't that duck be flying south??? Hasn't he overstayed a bit?

We would love to be there - lots of licks
Sally and Paddy

Maxmom said...

OOOOOOH! Your snow looks beautiful and what fun you guys are having! We have never seen snow like that!
Keep warm and lotsalicks
MAXDOG IN SA

Green-ish said...

We are glad that you had friends come visit and play with you in the snow! We went out tonight at midnight and romped around - we don't have as much snow as you do, but supposedly there is more on its way on our side of town! We'll post pictures tomorrow sometime to compare. Have fun tomorrow with your girl...we are sure you will have another snow day!

-Yoshi and Cody

Ziggy Stardust said...

I am not so sure I am ready for the snow but Mommy has always wanted to go to Colorado. It is a dream of hers, so she might just come and visit.

licks and sniffs,Sasha

Anonymous said...

Pawsome! Sure looks like fun!!Thanks for sharing the pics, wish i was there!

Cheers,
Maxx

D.K. Wall said...

You know we certainly love snow days. You look like you had a blast.

Martha said...

Oh we want to come play too! Fergi you just love that snow - it was a joy to watch you.
We loved the video with the two of you forging a path.
You must have been so tired with all that jumping.
We have to do that too as we have such little legs.
We dont get the snowballs in our legs though.
We are catching the next flight over to play with you guys.
love and kisses
Martha & Bailey xxx

Bruce said...

That definitely looks like fun! Do muskrats eat ducks? Looks like he was after him! Thanks for taking us on such a fun walk in the snow. We're still breaking heat records here in Florida...been in the upper 80's, low 90's this week!
Bye bye you for now you cute doggies!
your cat pal,
Bruce:)

Scruffy, Lacie and Stanley's Place said...

Oh, Fergi...I cancelled my flight home...well, that DATE I had could be rescheduled and frankly, I was soooooooo exhausted after all that playin' outside, that it was just heaven to hang out with Jakie and all the girlies...

Those hot toddies you whipped up in my blender were AMAZING!!! I had no idea of your blendering skills...lookie at Asta...she's still sneeping...(I didn't know she snores sometimes...Lacie begins to giggle...)

Oopsie..I have to go and text Mumsie as she has to work today and she's hopeless without me there to get her out of the house...

I'm gonna go and put a pot of coffee on...oh today is gonna be even more fun than yesterday!!!

Kisses...Laciegirlie

Rocky Creek Scotties and Rocky Creek Ramblings said...

What fun you're having!! Send some snow our way!!

We got to see your videos (which is a rare occurrence due to our satellite downlink). It looks like you are having a blast playing. And it was so nice of Asta and Lacie to come by and visit.

XOXO
Lilly, Piper, Carrleigh and Java

PS - How was that Kansas Steak Soup? We bet it warmed you up.

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

Woo didn't khall me!!!

I would have helped blaze the trails for all of woo!

It looks like soooooo much fun!

It makes Mom and me smile when we see Fergi having SUCH fun!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Gus said...

We really enjoyed watching y'all play in the snow. WOW. That is LOTS of snow. We like the snow here, but are not sure how we would like that much all at once. Chances are, Teka would spend most of the time by the fire. We'll wait til it comes our way. Have a wonderful day.

gussie

Agatha and Archie said...

Geesh I am still getting the snow balls off of my legs.....Well I don't think we will complain about the rain......That was so much fun but I have to tell Lacie to cut back a little on the smoothies I put on a half a pound this weekend...PL2 is still sniffling a litle over Moma's thoughts on her last dog.It brings memories of her last pup, and a grand one he was...As for the squirrel outside the window? I mean the real one not the trainer....I think I have a bit of work on my hands..Lve A+A

hkairedalespack said...

Wow, such deep snow! You all were having a fun time - wish I was there. I love to play in snow drifts (and drag Mommy through them). We got less than an inch which mostly melted off. It tends to be windy here with the snow in drifts.
Hugs, Miley

White Dog Blog said...

What a fabulous snow day--from cuddling late start to napping in front of the fire! You got LOTS of snow and it is so exciting to see you enjoying it...you are like snow angels in motion! Seeing you so happy, Fergie, makes us smile...and Jake is such a loving brother and good sport (mom wishes HER sisters were so kind to each other)!

ScrapsofMe said...

Oh how fun! I've never seen snow but Puffie has. And he gets monster snow balls under his arm pits. All that leaping about and biting at the snow looks like so much fun.
Sniffies all around,
Bonnie

the magic sleigh said...

Wooos! Such fun that looks. It is hot here, I wonder if I would like snow like all of my other husky friends or if I am a true southern girl and would get cold....
That muskrat looked like fun to chase while he was chasing the duck...
I hope you had tons of fun with the girls!
-Kira The BeaWootiful

Noah the Airedale said...

oh my goodness that is deep deep snow. We're surprised you didnt get lost in it because you're so little.
Glad you had so much fun.

tailwags
Noah Willow Tess Lucy

Hamish Westie said...

Well, I'd really like to come and play in the snow with you, but I'm worried about those snowballs growing on your legs. Sometimes I find I get so many I can't move, especially when, as now, I'm in need of a trim. Can you let me know when you have some 'no-snowball' kind of snow?
Cheers, H.

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

OMD - it certainly WAS a special day - we are so jealous - all we got was rain and more rain and it is still raining. Just think of the great paths our big paws would have helped you make. How can it be snowing there and we are only one state away? Boo Hoo.

Woos, the OP Pack

Dexter said...

That is a ton of snow. I am surprised there was any left outside after seeing how much collected on your furs. I hope you didn't get back into bed with your girl after your walkie.

What was Lacie doing there? And where was her toot toot?

Slobbers,
Mango

Duke said...

We're on our way! Wait for us!

Love ya lots
Maggie and Mitch

Dughallmor Beagles said...

Oh.WOW!!!! Holy snow day, wireys!
You got tons and tons of the white stuff....way more than we usually see in the winter!
We're enjoying a bit of an Indian summer here at the moment, which is nice considering it's almost NOVEMBER!
How fun that your wirey pals got to join you :D
Thanks Jake & Fergi for sharing those wonderful pics and fun videos (our favourite is the one of you two forging a path, very very cute romping!)
Enjoy your white stuff friends :o)
Slobbers xx

William Tell said...

You really DO like the snow, Fergie! Looks like you carried a lot of it back inside with you, too. I like to run around and leave tracks in the snow, and bury my nose in it. Glynn follows in my tracks to keep up. Cap says we're silly and watches from the door. He's definitely not a snowbird.

Happy Tails,
William Tell

Eric said...

Aww Fergie. What a wonderful day to treasure. Loved all the photo's of course and the video of you two snowploughing a path was adorable. I have to go back and watch it again.Boy Oh boy wish I had been there with you square girlies. And your pink outfit...mmmm hot to trot ..bet Farfel will be swooning.

Wiry loves and kisses Eric

Pee S. How did I miss Moma's post - left a comment there for you typed through Moms tears...

Scruffy, Lacie and Stanley's Place said...

How much snow did you get??? Holy molys...that made news here, Fergie!!!

Almost 70 here today...weird weather...!!!

Kisses...Lacie XXOOXXOO

Deefor said...

You had a lot of snow! That happens to my feet too. I like to jump in bed to dry off.

Joe Stains said...

We could watch that video of you guys hopping through the snow a million times. Glad you could enjoy the snow with your gal pals.

umekotyan said...

Good evening TwoSpecialWires
The dance of the squirrel by mac book is lovely at comfortable time.

And, the story of Kizzy is sad.
However, it is not necessary to forget.
Wonderful of the life : the thing of remaining in the mind on the day in what time.
It always runs one's best in the snow, and the foot becomes lumps of snow.
Please spend happy time without forgetting warm clothes on a wonderful weekend. :D

from loved ume tyan

Two Schnauzers from New England said...

Hi, Fergi and Jake -

You got tons of snow. And all we got was rain. Mama's birthday was Wednesday and this is the fourth year in a row that it has poured on her birthday. But we did have fun.

Love -

Hershey and Kaci

Koobuss said...

Boy, I hear ya about those snow klumps sticking to your leg fur. I hate that.

Your snow is bootiful and lots of fun, too. Snow is so pretty, and as my grandpaw says, you "have the room for it".

I'm kinda like Jake in that I'm not too crazy about snow. I don't like getting my hair wet (it gets too frizzy) and I hate getting my feet cold. I rather stay in the house and sleep in front of the heater. That works for me. Hehehe