After the excitement of the past few days, we may be sleeping for the next 48 hours.
It's been great, but we are dog-tired.
Jake's retired to the butterfly chair, and Fergi's curled up in a ball on the big bed.
We've both been like that for hours and hours.
We are the picture of comfort and contentment.
We wanted to wake up long enough, though, to say, "Thanks, everyone, for helping to make Fergi's birthday so special for all of us. It was so much fun and so nice to celebrate it with our family, and it was equally nice to get cards and comments and messages from our friends. We want to send a special thanks to Asta, for the Perfectly Pink Card that Fergi received via peemail, and BabyRocketDog and Hootie for the Princess Blingee Card, with the link on their blog that sent lots of new friends over to wish Fergi a special day." We are happy dogs, with happy people. Like we've said before, "We're the lucky ones."
We'll be back soon. As soon as we wake up. Who knows how long that will be. The snow is melting and the days are supposed to be in the 70s and even 80s now for the rest of the week. That means warm sun on the deck. That means prolonged dream-filled naps, belly-down, on the toasty warm wood. It's like a sauna. And we lapse into a state of Zen.



18 comments:
Ommmmmmmmm
gussie
If we had one of those butterfly chairs we'd sleep & sleep & sleep! We'll try to be quiet so you can get your boo-tmous sleep. :)
Feather, Darla, Pappy & LizzaBella
Glad you had a good birthday - you look super cosy! Lots of licks from Sally and Paddy
Glad you enjoyed your Barkday!=] And you soooooooooooo dont look 9 years of age! Anyway better let you get back to your beauty sleep!=] Haha.
Lots of sloppy licks,Penny.
MissFergie
I'm so glad you liked youw pawfectly pink Biwfday cawd..I wanted to make you happy and feel vewy special!
You bof desewve a big comfy snooze aftew all that excitement.
We have wain all week..I guess I'm going to be mostly snoozing too
smoochie kisses
ASTA
Fergie! How pretty you look in pink!! What a fab birthday. I'm so pleased for you that you had such a special day. I loved the photo's - every single one. You cuddling with Nina and eating that scrumptious looking cake.
Now I must apawlogise cos I was confused and thought your busting out day was the date you celebrated. Sheeese, Mom needs to wear glasses. I wanted to send you a card. Can't see your p mail - would you mind telling me? I have my email link above my chat box. then I'll send you one Fergie. I'm so sorry it will be late but it will be sent with a lot of wiry love.And some whisker kissies. Eric xxxxxx
Oh dear, we've missed SO MUCH! Including dear Fergi's Barkday! We feel terrible....Happy Happy (belated) Barkday wishes Fergi, may you have many more!
Your deck sounds heavenly....we're on our way, K?
Now....back to your meditation....
Love and slobbers xx
Oh, and silly Mum ALWAYS forgets about Twitter!
Hi Jake & Fergie!
I'm Tibby! Happy Belated Birthday Fergie! I hope you both have nice naps!
:) Tibby
OOH WE ARE SO SORRY we missed your birthday!!! it looks like you had a smashing time!!!!! and we are very good at that sleeping as well! love A+A
A well deserved nap after a big celebration!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza
Enjoy your naps, glad you had a great time!
Enjoy the rest - yes you did read a tribute to our grandpa yesterday that got deleted, but it's back today. Our stooopid satellite linkup was giving Mom fits.
Have a Terrific Tuesday.
XOXO
Lilly, Piper, Carrleigh and Java
Sweet Dreams you two!
Amy and
Wire wags from Spencer!
hi fergie, baby rocket & hootie barked about your birfday so i had to sniff it out. Wroo woo, what a great day you had!
Happy 1st barkday! Congrats, you're a big girl now:)
toodles,
tula
peeses-- is there any cake left?
Happy belated birthday, Fergie. What a nice party and wonderful photos. I told my Mommy that she failed to give me a party last year so I'm reminding her five months early this year (hope she feels guilty).
Hugs, Miley
That was one heck of a birthday! We'd be tired too! Pleasant dreams!
Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch
Sweet Fergi Girl!
Happy Happy belated birthday, girlie! We are so STINKIN'glad you were born, that you adopted your family, and that we have been able to get to know you. You are one loved pup! You're a sweetpea to share your treats with Jake. He's a lucky boy.
Also, we here in GooberStan are so proud of you going in there to the new vet office and making yourself irresistible to your doctor and learning to trust him. We hope that trust just keep son building!
Goober love & birthday smooches,
Stanley
Post a Comment