Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Lightweight Division


Monday was a recovery day after the Easter weekend.
I slept most of the day.
So did Fergi.
Nina wished she could've slept.
But she had school.

During the evening I convinced her I was more important than homework
at least for a while.
She needed to take a break 
and play a round of one-on-one with me.

It gets rough.
(It always does.)
It gets loud - really loud.
Fergi usually goes into another room

I started it off with my "ready posture" 
and a growl.
We're ON!
(We'll spare you  the video.
You'd have to turn down the volume.)
I bark.
I pounce
I snap.
She attacks back
and I momentarily retreat.
But only momentarily.
Even my tail pulls into action.
And after a good long tousle,
and not without a fight...
I let her win.
The best part always comes last.

I love my humine sister.
A lot.

8 comments:

Jake of Florida said...

Ahhhhhh!!! Even if we have to say so ourselves -- wire fox terriers are very very very cuuute!!!!!

As for the harnesses. When I -- Jake of Florida -- first arrived chez my humans (I was an adorable 2 1/2 months), we'd go for walks and I'd be so interested in everything that before we knew it, I'd be choking and coughing as i lunged to see more and my collar pressed against my esophogus (or however you spell it). That's when the harness entered my life.

No matter how hard they try to teach me otherwise, when I want to go somewhere, I go. And the harness keeps me from choking myself. Ditto for Just Harry. It does not, however, keep Mom from tripping over her feet, flailing with her arm outstretched, or looking like a silly goose!!!

So, do not think of it as incarceration. Think of it as a means of getting your way without killing yourself -- and, as a little extra, a way of making your human look really silly to boot!!

Wirey woofs,

Jake (and Just Harry)

Gus said...

You and your humine sister are a beautiful study in white with neutrals. Great photo shoot. And on the matter of harnesses, Teka wears one, I don't, but I'm considering getting a nice looking plaid one like the barkies have for informal occasions.

gussie

Eric said...

Pals! I've just read all about your Easter and I see that funny bunny visited. Loved every single one of your photo's and reading all about it and seeing all those leggededs by the red rocks- wow! But the ones with the hunny bunny humine sister are cute as cute. See you have her well trained!!

Wiry wags, Eric xx

Duke said...

Awwwwwwwwwww, we love when the endings involve lots of hugs! What great pictures!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

Lorenza said...

Glad you two had a pawesome time!
I can imagine how loud it was!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Susan said...

GORGEOUS PICTURES!!! What an incredibly photogenic family!!!

Asta said...

Jake and Fergie
I can feel the fun and the love thwough the pootew.
It's wondewful
smoochie kisses
ASTA
pee ess you have the most gowgeous hooman sissie in the wowld

Joe Stains said...

It sure looks like you guys have a lot of fun together. We are loud when we play too, sometimes it drives Dad crazy, but Mom doesn't mind it.