Thursday, April 23, 2009

Fergi's Busting Out Day!


This blog post turned into something that started this morning as a message to my Square Brit pal Eric. (Not that Brits are square, but that Eric is Square. He's the one that claims that. I would never have called him square first.) Life has been a bit nutsie around our house the past couple of days, and we've been chasing our tails. This morning I saw a note from Eric in our Straight off the Wire box, and I sat down to reply. Here's what I said,

"Eric, Yes, I absolutely got your very cool card! And I'm so waggin sorry I haven't let you know or thanked you for it in any way. I have put it in a draft blog for tomorrow... OH MY GOSH!!!! IT'S TODAY!!!! MY BUSTING OUT DAY IS TODAY!!!! Mom just told me to look at the calendar! She put HER glasses on and realized time has gotten away from us!!!! Wow! One year ago TODAY I got busted from the puppy mill!"

So, not only did Eric the Square Dog wake us up this morning and remind us of the important anniversary, he sent us an extra-special Dancing Dog e-card to help us celebrate it! He must have been practicing these dog-gone good moves and dance steps for a long time. Or maybe it just comes naturally to him. Looks to me like he oughta compete with Brits Got Talent! Or Dancing With the Stars! Whatever, he sure kicks up his heels and has some smooth moves. He impresses me. And he made us smile and made me feel good. Wooohoooo!! If I was a beagle, I'd try ARRROOOO! It's a happy happy day!

Gosh. There's a lot to write about ... and so little time this morning. We've been honored to receive awards in the past couple of days, and want to appropriately acknowledge those. We've been in touch with my sister Pearl's new adoptive family, and there are beginning plans in the works for me to see her again. We've learned that a family in Washington is rescuing and adopting a girlie fox terrier this weekend, partly due to our blog. (It's working! The word is getting out!!) We've learned that a couple of the wirey rescues at PJ's have been challenging her with medical issues. There's more, but my brain is fuzzy. And Mom says she has to leave for work pretty soon and I'm not allowed to use the laptop in my crate. I splash too much water around and spin in too many circles. So, I'll leave this at this. And promise to get back to y'all (I'm practicing the Florida talk Jake is teaching me ... we'll be leaving for there in a few weeks) as soon as possible.

Spring's here, ya'll. Enjoy it. Run and have fun. But don't bust away from your people. In case you do, and there's a loose dog situation on your hands, here's something Mom found the other day: some tips on how to catch us runaways! I've BUSTED OUT of the mill, but we're trying hard that I don't bust away from my people.

Love y'all,
Miss Fergi

Pee-eSs I received another very special comment today. It is here. It is from My Farfel. I wanted to share it.

12 comments:

Rocky Creek Scotties and Rocky Creek Ramblings said...

We'll ARRROOO for you!!! We're well practiced (everyone except Java, that is - maybe he can 'bay' along)

XOXO
Lilly, Piper, Carrleigh and Java

Gus said...

Oh Happy Day
Oh Happy Day
When Fergie walked
When Fergie walked
She walked her blues away!

gussie

Sally said...

Congratulations Fergi! We are so happy for you - a big Wirey Bark from us.

Lots of licks
Sally and Paddy

PS I saw you met Willow - she is so sweet - a rescue too - and we love Eric's card - Have a good and fun celebration

Lucia said...

Ciao Fergi and Jake!

Fergi!!!! Buon Busting Out Day to you!!! Molti, molti mwahs to your hoomans for all they've done to make you and Jake the wirelicious pups you are today!

Tanti baci!
Luci

Martha said...

You go girl......................Cry Freedom as we would say in Scotland!
love and lots of kisses
Martha & Bailey xx

Eric said...

Yeah!!! Go girl!! What a pawfect day. I'm betting your Farfel may have made your day an extra bit special too?! That was a lovely message..did you blush?!!

Wiry love and whiskery kisses, Eric xxx

Joe Stains said...

Happy Bustin Out Day!!

Baby Rocket Dog and Hootie said...

Great day in the morning! Happy breaking out day to you!! Have a wonderful one.
XO-BRD & Hootie

Dughallmor Beagles said...

Happy Bustin Out Day Miss Fergalicious! Oh, it's just one celebration after another at your place isn't it?! Hope you have a wonderful day sweetie, you totally deserve it....hope you get some special treats!
We have an award for you and your sweet bruv at our place....and we saw your comment....oooh, how exciting!
Did that Eric do a Square Jig for you? BOL!
We'll be back to check out your links later on, Mother is getting her knickers in a twist about catching up.....humans! Why do they invite so much stress?
Happy Friday :D
Slobbers xx

Duke said...

Happy Bustin' out day, Fergie and we are so very happy that you did! whooooooohooooooooo
Enjoy your very special day!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

Persephone and Buster said...

Happy day of busting....happy busting day...uh happy escape day!!!!? all of the above!
congrats on finding those nice people who take care of you & a nice doctor and that bottle of bubbly too. we just came for a visit to your blog and now we have a nice warm fuzzy, wirey, kinda feeling.. enjoy your day ms. fergi!
theBUSTER, Ms.Persephone & Ms.Blue too

Noah the Airedale said...

G'day Jake & Fergi,
Thanks for stopping by our blog. It's great meeting you and Farfel of course.
Happy bustin' out day to ya Fergi. We're real glad you've both found such a pawesome home.

tailwags
Noah Willow Tess & Lucy