Sunday, July 19, 2009

National Ice Cream Day!

What an incredible day!
We woke up in Scotland
(Moma never found out until later in the day,
and she was actually delighted that we'd had such a fun, safe time) 
and we enjoyed the last bits of celebration there before we jetted back to Grams'.
Rosie and Petey's wedding was beyond what we could have ever imagined.
It was absolutely beautiful
and being with friends (and family!) was a gift we will always treasure.
The whole experience,
 and especially those last dances with Asta and Agatha and Stanley and Archie opened our eyes
to a whole new level of friendship.
And seeing the newlyweds so deeply in love touched our hearts and taught us the wonders of romance.
(Sigh)

Just as we planned, we made it home in time to enjoy a day at a State Park here in north Florida.
What a shift in environment.  What a different adventure.
We'll get Moma to help us blog about it soon. 
Maybe tomorrow.
(It was great fun.)

But this evening was the best.
We got to celebrate National Ice Cream Day!
How else, at the beach, but a trip to Dairy Queen?
 
Moma ordered two cones just for us
 
and we headed straight to the beach to enjoy them.
 
And enjoy them, we did.
Every last bite.
 
Both of us.


Jake took a nanosecond out to smile at the camera.

We were both very happy little dogs.
Soft serve in cones, by the beach, at sunset on a delightfully cool evening.

We knew we'd need to log some extra miles to stay fit and trim.
So we topped the evening off with a stroll down the boardwalk by the beach.

We watched the sun set and remembered and talked about all the fun of the day.
We know we'll have great dreams tonight.
With full tummies and a deep restful slumber.
In fact, one of us is already sleeping.
Zzzzzzzz.

25 comments:

Lorenza said...

Hi, Fergi and Jake!
Pawesome! Delicious DQ Ice Cream! I can see how much you two enjoyed it!
Beautiful sunset!
Have a good night
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Poopsie aka Blue said...

Hi there you!

Glad you celebrated with ice-cream.
I had cake instead.
Miss Wheelie Judy, who is a feltie too sends her best regards to your two.

Hugs
Woodstock

Rocky Creek Scotties and Rocky Creek Ramblings said...

It looks like you had such a restful day - you probably needed it to get over the excitement of the wedding festivities. Piper can't stop barking about all of the fun he had dancing with Miss Fergi - we think he's infatuated with her!! And of course, Lilly and Carrleigh are fighting over who got the most dances with the debonair Jake.

XOXO
Lilly, Piper, Carrleigh and Java

Maxmom said...

methinks we will have to start a 'NATIONAL ICE CREAM DAY' here. I think we are loosing out! Will certainly suggest it to Mom
Lot of licks (and drool)
Maxdog in South Africa

Gus said...

MMMMMyummy. Jake looks like a truly happy fella! We hope you got some great rest and are ready for your next adventure!

gussie

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

WOW!

A perfekht day spent on two khontinents!

Tank woo fur sharing!

Hugz&Khysse,
Khyra

Kelly said...

You two are so lucky!! I have GOT to put the icecream holiday on my calendar!

By the way, that sunset with you two cuties in the foreground was just beauuuutiful!

Agatha and Archie said...

OOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHh DQ!!!!! We don't have one close to us!! We love the smiling shot!Now Jakey listen... there is hunting and there is hunting.. an alligator might be a little too advanced for us..I mean we do stuff like squirrels and mice and stuff.....I think you should scale it down a little..just a thought..Love A+A

Thoughts said...

What a wonderful day!! We love the pictures and you are sooo lucky you got soft serve!! WOW!

Wags and woofs,
Benson and Gibson

Woodrow, Luna, MJ Campanella said...

mmmnnn ice cream - what lucky puppies

Woodrow, Sweetie & MJ

Asta said...

Dawling Fewgie and Jake,
I'm so happy you enjoyed youwselves ath the wedding, and made it home in time fow youw wondewful day wif youw family.

Youw celebwation of national ice cweam day was pawfect!
I loved seeing you bof getting youw own cones and happily licking them on that bootiful beach. That sunset was divine!
A totally pawfect day!
smoochie kisses
ASTA

Paco,Milo, Maya and mommy Simona said...

OMDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD dear Jake and Fergie!!!!!!!!!!
What a great day you had....
awwwwwwww.....we're drooling watching you licking your wonderful ice cream!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pleaseeeeeeeeee.....next time can you invite us with you????
We love ice cream!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And you 2 look sooooooooooooooooo happy!!!!!!!
Lucky lucky friends...and ohhhhhhhhhhhh....this sunset is marvellous!!!!!!!!!!!
We would love were with you!!!!!!!!!!!!
Have a wonderful week!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lots of love and kisses

Eric said...

Fergie and Jake. Mom made me miss your post again. It's not fair. Thank dog I was able to catch up with you in Scotty land. Wasn't it a fab time?

And wooooooo- those felties (yep that's the thing to do with them Fergie eat 'em!!)Got to bark at you silly Mom SQUEELED in delight when she saw them!!! Says they are very very cute just like you two and your Mom is sooo talented and clever.

Then the ice cream pictures.Haaa!! Love the one of you smiling Jake, can imagine a word bubble coming out of your head saying BLISS. What a wagging good day you both had.Made me feel all fuzzy wuzzy..

Wiry wags and kisses and lovies from all in the Square House teeheee!!

Eric xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Two Schnauzers from New England said...

Hi, Fergi and Jake -

We are sorry we haven't visited sooner. Kaci was visiting with Mama, Papa and I (Hershey) for two weeks.

We are soooooooo happy that you two got to try ice cream for National Ice Cream Day. Mama actually gave me a little taste of Papa's homemade ice cream - it was delicious!

Love -

Hershey

Two Schnauzers from New England said...

Hi, Fergi and Jake -

This is Kaci speaking. Even though I can't try ice cream because I am on a special diet, I am glad that you both got to try some.

Love -

Kaci
XXOOXXOO

Life With Dogs said...

Our humans did not observe this holiday. :( We will live vicariously through you for now!

Hamish Westie said...

So very sensible of you to get back to the States for National Ice Cream Day. I am going to start a campaign to have it introduced in Scotland (so long as there is only ice-cream, and no fireworks involved).
Cheers, H.

Scruffy, Lacie and Stanley's Place said...

Miss Fergi...how long are ya gonna be in Florida??? We wanna plan our makeup/girls' night, kay???

MMMMMMMMMMMMM///that ice cream looked fantabulous...we didn't get any. Scruffy dragged a dead bird into the kitchen...we were lucky we got our dinner. Have no idea why Mumsie freaks so badly to dead plumage???

Jake....loved loved loved dancin' with you at the wedding...after I fell off the mast of the stoopid ship....

Love ya lots...Laciegirlie XXOOXXOO

Duke said...

OMG, you had ice cream and Blogger didn't think to notify us to tell us! grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
What a cute picture of you with ice cream all over your face, Jake!
What a gorgeous sunset!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

Dughallmor Beagles said...

Yippee guys....we're visiting at last! So glad you could make it to the wedding....all those dogs scub up well, huh? And so glad you made it back to Florida in time for a special treat (Gabbi's ice-cream video is on our Facebook, it's pretty funny!)
Your photos are so cute, especially jake grinning with ice-cream all over his whiskers!
And the sunset.....*sigh*
Have a great weekend :D
Slobbers xx

Dughallmor Beagles said...

D'oh....she meant SCRUB, not scub, silly woman!

Anonymous said...

Oh boy oh boy!! I love ice cream!! Oh I want ice cream!! Oh boy you guys are soo lucky . YUM!!!

I ruv you guys.

i ruv ice cream,
Autumn

Stanislaw said...

Whazzzuuup dudes?! I had to stop by to meet you. I'm jealous you got ice cream. Vanilla icy creaminess is just about my favorite thing in the WHOLE WORLD!!!

My bro and I are also rescued pups that have found our forever home. The folks here try desperately to spoil us rotten. I LOVE IT!

Joe Stains said...

How perfect, your very own cones. Doesn't get much better than that!!

Anonymous said...

Ahem. In all of my 15 years I have NEVER been offered a real human-being-intended ice cream cone. I must speak to my agent about this!!