Frogs, toads, salamanders and lizards
We've got 'em all here at Gramma's.
The frogs come out at night.
It's a real symphony.
Listen.
(It's dark, cuz it's nighttime.)
We recorded those froggies singing as we stood on the screened in porch.
They are LOUD!
(The frog sounds don't scare Fergi. But the nighttime thunder sure does.)
The lizards and salamanders are around all day long.
Everywhere.
This one lives somewhere near the bushes outside the windows
and makes multiple treks across the screen several times a day.
I've learned that it's the lizards (I think) that puff up their necks into bright red balloons.
They're weird.
Moma says I'm developing my hunting skills.
But often I don't even see them.
I just have fun on the chase.
Actually, if I'm honest, I have to admit that I get sort of nervous, even scared when I'm hunting.
This is all still new to me.
Moma knows what my REAL preferences are.
And she tried to give me a bit of an advantage the other day.
I sort of thought it was too good to be true.
Finally, I actually captured one of those green crawly things.
Who cares if it was soft and stuffed?
Still, I was distracted.
I kept thinking there may have been some little crawlies in the bushes.
I kept listening. And watching.
That's what I do.
Later, the real fun began when I went back inside the air-conditioned house.
And I discovered my new buddy hiding on my bed.
Now THIS is what I call a tropical vacation.
New stuffies.
And a nice, soft cool place to play with them.



21 comments:
FroggieDoggie Attakhks LizardStuffie!
Film at 11!
Tank woo fur sharing your amphibian bone-anaza!
Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra
Waawawawwaawwaaa!!!!
Great great great post dear friends!!!!
We enjoied sooooooooooooo much reading and watching it!!!!
Jake.....sure you're the best lizards hunter we know in the world!!!!
We love love love your videos..but our preferred is the one where you playing with your new lizard stuffie!!!!
Soooooooooooooooooo funny!!!!!!
YES!!!!!!!Your is been a super special tropical vacation!!!!
;-)))))))))))))))))))
Sweet kisses and licks!!!!!
Oh my yes, you have certainly had a great tropical adventure. If you need help huntin toads and froggies, Teka is a real pro. But she doesn't practice good catch and release tactics. NOOOOO...she practices Catch, Eat and BARF.
gussie
ROUNDS OF THUNDERING APPLAUSE!!!! WOOOHOOOO!!!!!! WEEEEEEE!!! HE'S GOT IT!!!!!!!! ATTA BOY we knew you had it in you!!! WHOOOOO!!!!! Now the demonstration of the attack indoors was quite spectacular....truly A1 form..really stellar....and the sneek and attack pose in the movies??geesh....fabulous....Moma might think you are acting a little scared whilst hunting BUT WE KNOW THIS IS A CLASS ACT WFT TECHNIQUE AND IN TRUE HUNTING MODE!!!! Ah you have made us proud...Love and kisses A+A
Those Lizards look - ewww..horrid . No wonder you are nervous Jake I would be the same. The stuffie on the rock almost had me fooled..haaaaaaa that was really funny!!! But Jake. Boy oh boy did you get that lizard indoors- you did!!! I can see you're gaining confidence and the hunting instinct by the way you gave that Lizzie what for. ( I hardly ever shake em like that) yep you'll be joining Aggie on Earth Dog Trials any day. Oh and the froggie orchestra..haaaaa!!! Was that Kermit I heard - sounds like he was the lead tenor.
Wiry love and big kisses Eric xxxx
(Pee S. Mom often calls the doggies with bloggies Sweet Peas! She ALWAYS calls you two that, specially when she tells Square Daddy to come and see what you're up to. And there is another Sweet Pea living here too* wink!!)
WooHooo! Lizardfest!! we love it!!!
Have fun at Granny's place.
XxOo,
BabyRD & Hootie
Dawling Fewgie and Sweet Jake,
Wild life I have nevew evew seen befowe. You awe bof so bwave and adventoowous. I'm soopew pwoud of you. Those lizawds awe kind of cool and I LOVE theiw vawied names. Do they come when you call them pwopewly?
Those fwoggses awe vewy vewy noisy. What a wacket. It's a wondew that you can get some sneep, hehehe
Jake that is the pawfect way to mingle wif that gween species. on a soft ,comfy bed in the cool aiw
You awe showing weal smawts
Thank you fow dancing wif me this mowning!
smoochie kisses
ASTA sissie
Hi there, Jake and Fergi (and Mom)
Sorry we've been away...computer problems. We love your blog but aren't able to watch the videos at the moment, so we'll stick to the pics...sorry...
Just wanted to pop in and say 'Hi' again. Glad you're having fun with those lizards. Yes, we too had to look twice at the one on the rock. For a brief moment our jaws were on the floor and we thought we were in Madagascar.
Take care and lots of cuddles to the two Special Wires
Lots of licks
MAXDOG AND MOM IN SOUTH AFRICA
Hi Fergi & Jake
We loved your pictures - we have never seen any of those lizard things. They looked a bit scary to us. What a noise on the video!!!! We never knew froggie made so much noise.
We liked your videos and can totally relate to developing your hunting skills.
Look at us - we used to just go for a sombre walk and now we are all excited sniffing out every new smell.
It is great, isn't it!
Our mum says that the most familiar thing about your video was your bum in the air and your nose down as you disappear!!
We love doing that!
We liked seeing you with the stuffie although that was a bit of a mean trick by the humans when they know how keen you have been to catch one of the those pesky things.
Great post - you are having a great holiday - seems to have lasted the whole summer.
When you coming home?
love and kisses
Martha & Bailey xxxx
Hi, Fergi and Jake -
You really are having a great vacation. There were two videos that would not play for us (the computer not cooperating again) but the one of you shaking your lizard toy is really funny. In fact, that is how Kaci plays with her toys - except she does a lot of "talking" and shaking.
Have a good weekend.
Love -
Hershey and Kaci
Wow, I was almost feeling sorry for the green stuffie thing by the end of that last video clip...
Cheers! H.
PS Those frogs could give our Aberdeen seagulls a good run for their money, in terms of decibel levels!
Hi, friends!
those frogs sure are noisy! How you can sleep with that symphony??
Good shaking to that stuffie!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza
Jake, I can see yer comin' inta yer own.....remember yer a terrier.....a wire fox terrier at that......we chase vermin....we catch vermin....we de-stuff vermin....all in a good days work.....
Dewey Dewster here....
you need to work on your stalking technique - they will not get away that way.
and yes a true vacation is relaxing on the bed with your stuffie
Woodrow, Sweetie & MJ
Nervous... scared...?!? No, you are the Great Lizard Hunter!!!
My People thought I was chasing a lizard when we arrived back in Tucson the other day. But truthfuly, I had gotten a little lost wandering amongst the planters near the wall while looking for the door and almost stepped on a rather largish specimen dozing there in the shade. He must have been an old feller too, since he apparently heard me coming at him about as well as I saw him in front of me. When he bolted across the patio, I heard cheers of "go get 'em Chausman!" But I thought they were talking about The Boy, who was carrying my biscuit tin.
Gram told us those lizards blow up their necks cause they're looking for girlfriends!
We like the stuffie lizard better!
Love ya lots
Maggie and Mitch
You guys really are having a blast aren't you? Those lizards look pretty tasty....hope you catch one son :D
We came on to go to your Twitter but don't think your link is working....then again, we can't get onto ours either today, maybe it's this pc....even Facebook is playing up....grr!
(are you on Facebook?)
We scrolled right down to make sure we hadn't missed any of your adventures and we saw your Mom's little felties.....OMdog, they are adorable.....almost as cute as the real thing! Very talented your Mom is!
Hope you continue to have a great holiday and we'll be back soon :D
Slobbers xx
WOW all these creature. We have frogs, but not like them, fantastic. Have a wonderful holiday, and look forward to hearing more of your tails.
Woofs & Wags,
Barney & Storm
Hi Sweet Fewgie and Dawling little bwuvvew Jake,
I finally got to a pootew and wanted to tell you how happy I am that you awe safely home.
I went swimming two times so faw. It's sowt of ovewcast and wainy now, but I'm hoping thewe will be a little bweak in the clouds so that I can go swim wif mommi again.
Thewe awe lots of yummie eatables and two othew doggies hewe, but they don't want to play wif me. I'm having a gweat time anyway.
I miss you and think of you all the time..I'm sowwy , I can't wite you on my twittew ow anything, but it's hawd to get neaw a pootew, and my paws awe too big fow Daddi's i-phone..I will twy though.
I hope you wested up fwom all youw twavels and awe sniffing all the familiaw smells of home
smoochie kisses to you and Nina Giwl and youw Moma
love youw sissie
ASTA
Hey Dogs...sup???? Are ya home yet? Need to know when to plan the Makeover Night!!!!!
Barkin' and missin' you two!!!
Laciegirlie
OHhhhhh! We're get loads of lizards in our neck of the woods. They're out pawtying every evening. If only we could reach them! :P
When the Chief says 'Ci-cak!' (which is native for Lizard) we'd all look up hoping to get lucky! *chuckles*
Licks and wags,
Tuffy and the Dog Woods Pack
Post a Comment