Monday, March 15, 2010

The New Dude

So you probably know by now.

Moma and NinaGirl love to scrounge around in Second Hand Shops
Thrift Stores
Antique Shops
Flea Markets (minus the fleas)
Garage Sales
Estate Sales
All those sorts of places.

That's where they found Winston's New Wheels.
And Moma's new loom
(I'll let her tell you about that another time.)

Well
It turns out that some of those Shops
Must be some sort of Animal Shelters.

Yep.

A couple of weeks ago
They loaded this big white dude into the back of the car.

I tried to get a good Sniff
To see if I recognized him.

Nope.
Never met the fella before.

But it seems that he was going to move in.
Right up onto our Big Bed.

They said there was a Resemblance
Sort of a cross between Mishka and Me.

I s'pose they're right.
Though I'm more handsome.
Or at least I am now that I've been groomed up real nice.

My Girl tried to assure me that she still loved me Best.

And mostly I believe her.
Though she's had Mishka longer.
Like ever since the first day she and Moma met.

Still I worried.
And I wasn't too sure about this new Dude.
(He doesn't have a name - at least not one that I know of.)

We took a little bit of time trying to "bond."

And eventually I decided to let him in on some Advice.
Some Secrets.

My Girl isn't crazy about sleeping in New Places.
My Girl is going to miss me up there in the mountains.
My Girl is really really scared of Spiders.
My Girl is going to miss me up there in the mountains.
My Girl loves her Mishka very very much.
My Girl is going to miss me up there in the mountains.
My Girl tells her secrets to me and to Mishka.
My Girl is going to miss me up there in the mountains.
My Girl needs someone to cuddle up to in addition to Mishka.
My Girl is going to miss me up there in the mountains.
I am trusting you to take really good care of My Girl.
I'm going to miss my Girl up there in the mountains.

Then before I knew it
They loaded up.

Buckled in, safe and snug
and
Headed up the mountain.

Just the three of them.

And you know what?
We all know
We all agree.

It helps
Having a Guardian Angel
or two
or three.

Everydoggie, Everybear, Everyblend, Everyone is doing well
Up there in the mountains.

Really really well.


Pee esS
One day NinaGirl says she's gonna write a blog post
About them
Up there
With her
Without us
In the mountains.

Keep your eyes peeled.

28 comments:

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

Mom smiled at the part "Like ever since the first day she and Moma met."

What a special day fur sooooo many!

We khan't wait to follow more of the 'bonding' times woo have!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra & Khousin Merdie

Inky and Molly said...

You look exactly the same!! Or he does! Or one of you two does!!!

Anonymous said...

You're right... guardian angels are very good to have and the more the better!

Notes by Nina said...

yo Jake! hehe and all my other little angels! :D I love you dudes. :D Lovely post, and you bet'cha, i will do a post soon! very soon. Tomorrow afternoon ok?

Night night!

Oskar said...

He looks like a nice new friend. He will take good care of Your Girl!

Stella said...

When you are used to having pups to snuggle with, and then you don't, you really do have to find something to fill in until you get the pups back!

Kisses,
Stella

Lorenza said...

Yes. Guardina Angels are the best and those two sure are adorable!
They are going to protect Ninagirl now!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Bobby said...

You were whispering good advice to the Guardian Angel, I am sure Nina girl will be well protected. We know she will be missing you though.

WFT Nobby said...

That photo of Mishka and 'the New Dude', both safely strapped up in the back of the car, brought a big smile to my face this grey Aberdeen morning!
Thanks!
Gail.

Dexter said...

She is totally going to miss you up there in the mountains, but you transferred your warm thoughts into her temporary companions.

Slobbers,
Mango

Bruce said...

I'm glad your girl has another friend to keep her safe up there in the mountains. I bet you feel relieved too.
your cat pal,
Bruce:)

Angel Ginger Jasper said...

I think he will be a great companionto your girl and if you told him all the secrets then you are sure he wil look after her for you.. Hugs GJ xx

Rocky Creek Scotties and Rocky Creek Ramblings said...

We know Nina has guardian angels - and it so wonderful that she has you too.

XOXO
The Rocky Creek Scotties

Maxmom said...

You can never have enough cuddly friends...especially ones that look like you!
Lotsalicks and lotsaluv
MAXDOG IN SOUTH AFRICA

Remington said...

He looks like he can do the job of taking care of your girl! Too cute!

ScrapsofMe said...

Ahhh....she IS gonna miss you up there on that mountain. The bed buddies are comforting, but they can't go out on trails or splash through creeks or hang out on rocks with her like you could. And they can't warn her of critter dangers or protect her from squirrels n badgers n spiders. Yep! She is gonna miss you fer sure!

sniffies,

Bonnie

Duke said...

We just know that big guy is going to make Nina feel better being away from you!
We think we need to have dindin together! We'll bring the ravioli if you bring the cannoli, okay? Mom says cannoli are to-die-for so we really need to try them out!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

Martha said...

Your girl is going to miss you up there on the mountain!
We are glad she has her snugglies but they will never replace you and Fergi, Jake!
It goes without saying you are more handsome. You are warm, you can lick, you have a cold nose!
You can love your girl right back!
We are glad she had some cuddly stand in's meantime.
We know you are going to miss your girl up in the mountains!
We love you guys
Martha & Bailey xxx

the magic sleigh said...

Wooooos! I know woo are going to miss your girl, but really she is not just taking those guardian angels with her, she is taking your heart!
~puppy kisses~
-Kira The BeaWootiful

Eric said...

Haa!! Thought I was seeing double double Jake!! Goes without woofing he isn't as square.Or handsome.But he's a big bruiser who'll look after Nina girlie and Misha up there in the mountains. Bring her home safe to you at the weekends.Reckon he was waiting to be found for just that purpose. Ain't that wagging?

Wiry love n kisses Eric xx

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

Too bad you couldn't have gone along for the ride, but what a sweet post! It is easy to see how special your NinaGirl is to all of you. Those guardian angels will take good care of her for you.

Woos - Phantom, Thunder, and Ciara

Sally said...

Your girl is definitely going to miss you! But it is nice she has taken your doppelgangers! I am sure that big one will protect her and bring her back safe and sound. Lots of licks
Sally

Bocci said...

You guys are special. And my Parental Unit and I love your blog!
My Parental Unit had a wire for 16 years named Carson-oh does she love wires!
But I'm a "terrier mix" from the pound-luckily she found me when I was only 8-10 months old.
We also want to help adoption and rescue places with our blog-take a look when you get a chance: www.boccibeefs.blogspot.com
We'd be honored to have you as "Followers"

White Dog Blog said...

No one can ever have too many angels watching over them! Mishka and the new boy (who looks alot like Quinn) will do a fine job keeping NinaGirl comforted in the mountains; they will be there to be hugged and to chase away the lonelies. But Jake, your heart (and Fergie's) beats in rhythm with NinaGirls; your soft gentle tongue has licked away the pain; your happy yip of welcome has made NinaGirl smile; your warm body against hers had made her feel safe. Most important, your soul and hers are locked in a special love so strong that nothing can EVER pull you apart (nothing, not even crossing the Bridge...you are always joined). Don't be jealous of the ones who got to go with her because you are ALWAYS with her! Close your eyes and feel her! See what I mean? Be glad that she has friends from home to keep her rooted as she stretches her wings and flies!

P.S. Winston has new wheels? Magnifique!

Dewey Dewster said...

Geez....somethin' tells me that Yer Girl is gonna miss ya up on the mountain....'n ya are gonna miss her too....

Nice stuffies...ya have the patience of Jobe and self-control extraordinaire ta sit peacefully next ta a stuffie 'n not sink yer teeth in....just a little bit...ya can tell that I have no such attributes....


Dewey Dewster returns....

Scruffy, Lacie and Stanley's Place said...

How did you not eat that Beardog? Or Dogbear? OMD...we were just DROOLING...he looks soft and cuddly and totally STUFFED! And we're all about the STUFFIES!!!

We know those little angels will watch over Miss Nina Girlie...yeppers...plus your mom does realize that we dogs are multi dimensional...givin' us the ability to be in several modes at once...like the mountains? And with Mama? We do it all the time...we guard the family...here and far away...at the same time...it's our job.

If you need a giggle, come and read bout Mumsie's day yesterday...

Kisses,
Lac

Kari in Alaska said...

It looks to me like you found an awesome new friend who will never tell your secrets!

Gus said...

Wonderful post. We look forward to reading Nina's follow up. At least if the *&^% bloggie thing tells us she is writing us. We find that it took the weekend off...and here we thought efurry one was too busy to post.

Sorry. Can't trust technology ya know.

Our E.Rabbitt has a Bunny (named PotBelly) that muzzer brought home for her from San Diego. PotBelly is now 30 yrs old, has had many, many surgeries, but still sleeps on the bed. E.Beth says, "if they laugh at PotBelly, Emily sends them home early."

gussie