Our Girl was Home for the Weekend.
We love that.
It makes us really Happy
and our tails wag a lot.
We went on a couple of pleasant Walks.
One is around a nice big Lake
that has lots of very tempting Geese.
(Moma didn't take any pictures of the geese.
She says we see enough in our backyard.)
We did see some other cool critters, though.
I imagined and dreamed my way closer to them.
Praire Dogs
in the fields
Who weren't too happy about me silently staring at them
(You should've heard their chatter)
All I was doing was looking.
'Cause Moma wouldn't let me off the leash.
(I'm not sure why.)
Later that same day we took a short Hike
in the Red Rocks.

Fergi even took the lead.
It was a perfect day.
A perfect weekend.
Then Our Girl left.
Till next Weekend.
We won't talk about how much we miss her.
It's bad enough
That Moma can't even use her name
'cause we get worried when we hear it
and can't find her.
Sigh.
Time to nap
and dream about next Weekend.
Together.
Pee esS
For those of you who have been following Our NinaGirl
She said she is gonna post something new on her bloggie
(you can get to it here)
Complete with pawsome pics of a hike
(without us - imagine!)
a few days ago.
We still think we'd make a great added attraction
to the surroundings.
And we promise we wouldn't chase the wildlife
or the sixth graders.




24 comments:
Jacque or Jake (I am not sure now that the trip is over) you are an earth dog. You are doing what you are genetically predisposed to do. That is what Mommy says about me and ratting. It sounds like you would make a great earth dog.
Sally Ann
Hi guys, haven't been around much because my SS has been 'bizzy'.
Great pics!
How cool are the little ground rats. I saw some on TV the other day (yes, pikies have a TV, first time in 10 years, just for me) and I nearly barked my noggin off, I wanted to be there so bad...
Inky
Ah yes!
WFTdogs!
Prairiedogs!!
Earthdogs!!!
Not a problem!
Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra & Khousin Merdie
PeeEssWoo: Mom is working her way towards your girl's blog!
That is great that you had such a special time with Ninagirl. I REALLY liked the pictures of the prairie dogs - I'm not nearly as patient and coy as you - I would bark them to death (or at least back in to their hole). We used to watch this show called Meerkat Manor, about creatures similar to prairie dogs in some very far away desert. I liked it.
Have a great week, Jake and Fergi! I will try to do the same, but we have a foster eskie living in our house and I don't like her too much - she is a puppy! Yuck!
Love,
Prinnie
What a perfect family weekend! You must be so happy when this part of the week comes around. Even though I am sure you are VERY proud of Ninagirl it must be hard at the end of such a wonderful time to say "until next week!" Know in your hearts that she is thinking of you always and is just counting the minutes until she share time with you again.
Hi, Jake and Fergi!
I know how happy you all were having Ninagirl at home this weekend!
You had pawesome walkies! Those Praire Dogs are soooo cute!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza
That scenery is stunning and the little prairie dogs are so cute.
The layers in the rocks, are they vertical or horizontal?
Thanks for sharing pals.
tailwags
Noah Willow Tess Lucy
Hehehe! Good eyes, Noah! The layers in the rock ARE vertical!! This part of Colorado used to be a huge shallow sea! The rocks are sedimentary - layers of silt. When the Rocky Mountains were formed, these rocks on the eastern edge pushed up from horizontal to vertical, and now you see the results of the weathering.
Dinosaurs used to walk in the seas ... and on the other side of these rocks (literally) there are dinosaur footprints on the (now) vertical surfaces. One day we'll go take pictures an show you!
Yikes!
Jake and Fergi xxoo
Those didn't look like any kind of doggie that I know. Best to steer clear of them.
Prairie dogs indeed. Humph.
Slobbers,
Mango
Hey there Jake and Fergi
We know that feeling so well when the girls leave for the week...the house is sooo empty!
We loved seeing those 'dogs' and also the pictures of your hike.
Sending lots of love and licks to you all! We think of you often.
MAXDOG IN SOUTH AFRICA
Great pics! Thanks for sharing! Those are the funniest little dogs I have ever seen!
Don't know. Those look like sqrrrlrats to me! All the same thing, as far as I am concerned. To be barked at and chased away.
We hope Nina Girl is having a good time. Have a great week
gussie n teka
Dawling Fewgie and Jake
Weekends wif youw giwl awe magical..i know! so enjoy all those pwecious momentst and then you have a week's wowf of gweat dwems stowed up.
Those pwaiwie guys don't look like doggies to me, but I'm not weally an expawt on the countwyside, hehehe.
I suwe don't know why they wouldn't want to be stawed at by you jakey
Smoochie kisses
ASTA sissie
Your lake is just so beautiful!
We have never seen prairie doggies in person! How cool they are!
Love ya lots
Maggie and Mitch
I just love seeing these photos of the different landscapes where my blogging friends go walking. Sitting here in Scotland, it's hard to remember that the whole world is not dank and sodden at this time of year!
Cheers,
Gail.
Those prairie dogs are pawsome we have not seen them before well only on TV but Pip barks at them.
Its good you get NinaGirl home for the weekend, you have a good time.
Hi Jake and Fergi
What a great weekend you had - such lovely places to walk. Those red rocks are amazing and we have never seen prairie dogs!
We are glad your girl was home for the weekend. We must stop by her blog although we agree she really shouldn't be going for a hike without you.
We know you will be sad that your girl has gone but this is the way of it!
Young people have to live so much of their lives without us dogs.
We know she will be missing you guys so very much.
We suggest you all have a group hug to make you feel better and find something of your girl to sniff!
love and kisses
Martha & Bailey xxxx
Sad your girlie keeps going away square cousins but I can imagine the excitement when she comes home!!The walks on the wild side,the jawdropping rockies,thank dog you didn't meet the dinosaurs only those wacko dogs. But I'm guessing the best part is the wiry loving you receive from your girlie.Yup right?
Wiry loves and kisses Eric xx
Oooh, we have never seen a prairie dog - we thought since we live in Kansas we might be prairie dogs, but guess not:) We will go check out your NinaGirl's blog. Glad you had such a nice weekend with her and Mom.
Woos - Phantom, Thunder, and Ciara
Edwina was in a tree too? Maybe the trees are just gernerating wheelies? Huh, did ya ever think of that?
Please disregard if Stanley leaves any messages here...he's on some very very happy drugs from the vettie for his paw...he's usually so reserved too...
Kisses,
Laciegirlie
WAHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOO...ride 'em cowdogs!!!!!!
AROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO....!!! Wanna go on a DATE, Fergie???? I just asked Asta to marry me and have pups...wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
I dunno what they gave me at the vetties today, but I keep seeing purple elephants with giant butts walking around....lookie there...there's one now!!!
Boy Jake, your beardie's long!
I think I'm gonna go do something DANGEROUS!!! Maybe I'll take our sled and go down the basement stairs...???
WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!
Dale hugs,
Stanley!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The hottest Dale on earth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sheesch.
Scruffy.
Nice pictures. Prarie dawgs look just about my size... Funny... I wanted to come by and say hi. You visited my blog when my brother Ziggy died in January and I wanted to thank you. It's taken some time but we're slowly getting back to blogging. I enjoyed reading your blog!
Pedro
Post a Comment