Thursday, November 5, 2009

Dear Lacie

Jake here.


Here goes.

A Letter.
A Dear Lacie Letter.

I've been trying to talk to her.
But I know she's a busy Girl.
On the run.
Whizzing through Life.

And on the phone.
Her cell phone.

Oh Dear
I just had a thought.
Maybe she's seen me calling
With her Caller ID
and simply didn't answer.


Who knows?
Not me.

Anyhow.
It's been a while since
My First Date
with the stunning Miss Lacie.

I've spent time thinking it all over.
Remembering.
Reliving.

I've been reading a bunch of those
touchy-feeling pop psychology books
from the bookshelves.


And there has been an abundance
of reflections, interpretations and suggestions
from our friends around here.

I've read them all.
I've honestly considered them all.

And it seems like there are two camps.

Those who have celebrated with me
and supported my heavenly time with Lac.
(You know who you are)


Well wishers.
Pals who have remarked
about what a lovely and handsome couple we were.
Those who commented about the start of a good thing.
Who wondered about our plans.
Future dates?
Possible thoughts of a wedding?
Those who offered best wishes for a happily ever after.

And there were those who were clearly
on the other side of the fence.
(You know who you are)


Those who called me deluded.
Who pitied me.
Who welcomed me to The Survivor Club.
Who shook their heads in disbelief
And referred to my dream as a nightmare.


Who teased
that perhaps I'd be The One
to subdue the Savage Little Beast
(yes, they called her little)

I tried to understand.
It didn't seem so funny.
To me.


I
Jake
Perhaps I would be The One.

Days have passed.
And I've been thinking.
And reading.


Nobody really knows the truth about me
before I was rescued.
Back in the mill days.
Before I found my new home.


We do know, though,
That I was no Don Juan.
And I wasn't so good with the girls.
(Do NOT tease me about that!
EVER!
I KNEW what I was doing.
Or, rather, NOT doing.
And it was my Ticket to Freedom.)

That didn't mean that I didn't ever want a girlfriend.
That I didn't want the joy of a First Date.


It's probably true.
What you've heard about me.
Or assumed about me.

I'm a laid-back, happy-go-lucky sort of guy.
I've heard people call me sweet-tempered.
Friendly.


 Admittedly I'm Shy.
A bit of an Introvert.

Though I do have a Voice.
And I'm not afraid to use it.


Still.
In general.
I am
Gentle. Patient. Courteous.

Kind. Compassionate.
Warm.  Loving.

Concerned about others
(that's why I'm such a good brother to Fergs)


Appreciative. Admiring. Approving.

And, perhaps to a fault,
Tender
and
Sensitive.


I HATE Conflict.
I DESPISE ugly Drama.

And I am far from Presumptuous
(except for when it comes to treats.
I always presume
I should get the first, biggest tastiest bite.)

Never in a million years
would I want to
Impinge on
Interfere with
Encroach on
Restrict Inhibit Hinder or Cramp
Sweet Lacie's Lifestyle.

She is a Lovely Lakey
A Gentle Doggie
(with a "delicate booty and tiny dewwiew")
In my eyes
and in my heart
She was a wonderful First Date.
Perfect.
For me.

As my friend White Dog said,
"A First Date is forever the most special ...
that is why they are often called 'Dream Dates'"

My Halloween Date with Lacie
was certainly my Dream Date.

White Dog further barked,
"It is so wonderful that you ... have found such security
in the love of your family
that ... you (are not) afraid of reaching out
and loving others."

It's true.
My world is opening up to me.
That First Date is something I would not have imagined a few months ago.
Neither would my family.

But I was ready.
I had a wonderful time.
My date Lacie was Perfect.
and
(again, thanks to White Dog's barks)
"Those memories of the other night
live in (my) heart now eternally."


For that, Lacie
I thank you.

I am perfectly satisfied.
And perfectly happy.

And my memories
of that one night alone
will stay with me furever.

Go, Lacie.
Have fun.
Be crazy.
Be YOU!
(Just be careful.)

For now
I'll stick to chewing on my bone.


It's easy.
And no one can debate it.



Love,


PS
(Just in case.  For the future. Does anyone know if Sally dates?)

28 comments:

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

Woo are such a WISE one Jake!

I'll stop befur I paw too much!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra
PeeEssWoo: I'm not sure about Sally but why not!!!???!!!

Asta said...

Jake my Deewest Bwuvvew
I love youw thoughtful pondewing . The way you weseawch and calmly considew all the angles..I think youw fiwst date WA so special, and I'm glad it was wif my BFF LAcie. You sawe the side of hew I know..and it's bootiful, but since you've waited so vewy long..I think you have many mowe wondewful giwls to date and make mowe happy memowies..Sally is a doll and so awe so many othews, and then you can go wif Lacie again too..the possibilities awe endless.
Youw tendew love and cawe of sweet sissie Fewgi is one of youw deawest qualities..I admiwe you
I love you and am so happy to be welated to you
( I think you take aftew ouw Daddi ..he hates conflict too)
happy chewing
smoochie kisses
ASTA sissie

Anya said...

You are looking very cool with your glasses :)
Your Mommy is very creative !!!!Fantastic post today....
hugs from
Kareltje =^.^=

Duke said...

Wow! You sure read a lot of books, Jake! No wonder you're so smart!

Love ya lots
Maggie and Mitch

umekotyan said...

Good evening TwoSpecialWires
It was wonderful time with Lacie.

I like to read the book.
It also the sight of books at a time.
Then, a new story is composed in the head.
In sentences of the book, freedom that imagines as much as one sentences is the individual one.
Nobody can change it.

A wonderful weekend with a lot of freedoms and the imaginations. :)

from loved ume tyan

Gus said...

That was a great post! We thank you for sharing so much of your wisdom, and know that you will find what is right for you. After all, you were bright enough to work out how to discourage your breeder, and that must have been a difficult decision to make.

Gussie

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Dear Jake,

As you go about your research, I'd suggest you include your Little Black Book on your reading list. Lacie is a lively gal (check out my past posts - we've been to Coney Island, the Museum of Modern Art (where we've since been banned) and even Paris!), she does have a roving eye and a sharp bite (ask Mumsie). So while you may choose to ignore the sage advice of those of us who have been around the block a few times, I would still suggest that you just have fun and date around a bit before you fall head-over-paws (like I did with Rosie.) Sally is delightful so just have fun, okay? Sheesh!

Your pal,

Petey

Rocky Creek Scotties and Rocky Creek Ramblings said...

Well if you are into other breeds and expanding the pages in that "little black book", there are a couple of gals at our house who would enjoy a dinner date!! And if an ample derriere and a hard bite is your style, Carrleigh's your woman - Lilly on the other hand is diminutive and reserved.

XOXO
Lilly, Piper, Carrleigh and Java

PS - we'll check out datebooks to see what we have open - Carrleighs cell phone number is 1-800-heyboys but Lilly isn't giving hers out at the present time since she just got back from spending 2 weeks away with Debonair Ladd.

Scruffy, Lacie and Stanley's Place said...

Oh Jake...what a lovely lovely letter about our first date and oh my...(Lacie dabs at her eyes with her vintage lace hankie...) I never realized how introspective you are dear boy...I know you have a tender loving heart and I want you to know I only SHRIEK and NIP at those who deserve it...ie make unflatterin' comments about my booty...

I would ADORE to go out with you again and I would highly encourage you to see if Sally dates...I'm far too young to settle down and marry yet...(Lacie hums a few bars of "Girls Just Want To Have Fun....") and I think you have so much to offer the other females of the world...the qualities of caring, patience and well LOVE are to be shared Jakie!

Now I have to go and organize Mumsie so she's not late to workie, silly girl...she'd be missin' shifts left and right if it weren't for my careful organization...

Kisses sweet boy and our love to Fergie!!!

Laciegirlie

Martha said...

Oh Jake, what a letter! We loved your pics reading with your glasses on!
We also love The Prophet and in there we know you will find solace!
Are you sure that Lacie is the one for you?
We know she is beautiful but in terms of experience it has to be said she has tons more than you!
Perhaps you should just have a dating break!
Lacie is a fun girl who lies to party - we are not sure she will be able to match you in intensity!!!
love and kisses
Martha & Bailey xxx
ps would you ever consider dating a basset?

Kelly said...

Oh Jake, you are truly a CATCH! I am so glad that your first date was such a good experience. Lacie is a doll!

I MIGHT already have 4 boyfriends... but please consider me in line for a date with your most handsome self.

xoxo
Pearl

Asta said...

Fewgi and Jake
I am gwabbing lots of papew fow you to play wif
I just added a most impawtant pictoowe Joey weceiving the keys to the city..Go check it out!
Hehehe
love you sooo much
smoochie kisses
ASTA sissie

White Dog Blog said...

Thanks for joining the BlogBlast for Peace! Maybe in our lifetimes we will see a world: where there is no judgement of those who are different; where there are loving homes for all and caring neighbors who make sure no one goes hungry or friendless; and mostly where all come to realize that thought and cooperation moves us further along than conflict!

Jake, I am touched and honored that my words about your date were meaningful. You are a noble, gentledog who embodies the qualities that we so sorely need more of!

Angel Ginger Jasper said...

What a fabulous post today,, I love it.. You are sure a very well read woofie.. Hugs GJ x

ScrapsofMe said...

Oh......
She...didn't pick up or return your calls, huh.

And then...when she responds on your blog, she talks about how great you are but it might be a good idea if you date around.

Hmmmmmm.

Dude...sounds like a brush off to me. Sorry if that's cold and all, but, maybe she's just not that into you?

You guys looked great together. And it sounds like you had a great time. Maybe you should just leave it at that and update yer phone list as 'for a good time call...'.

Personally, I think you have a great life. All those mountain walkies, a sweet sister, peeps that love you bunches. And you clean up good too! You looked FINE stepping out to party. There are plenty of wimmen that would be glad to dance with you.

Sniffies to you both,

Bonnie

Dexter said...

OK, well I can see you were a little star stuck by the beast, but I am glad to see you are moving on. I think Sally is available. Go for it.

You are the most best writer ever I think. What wonderful words and pictures. I can't believe how well read you are. And you sure have a big voice for a little dude.

Slobbers,
Mango

Lacy said...

w00fs, u iz very wise wiff the words, Jake...me will b thinkin of u a nice pup to date too..

b safe,
~rocky~

Lorenza said...

Hi, Jake!
You need to have many more dates before you take a decision!
I know you had a pawesome time with Lacie and it is something you will keep in your heart forever buuuut.... go out and have fun!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Piappies World said...

Hi Jake,
That's a great letter to Lacie. Your photos reading lots of books are really beautiful. And so impressive that you read so much! Mommy love Hope for the Flowers.
For sure, there is a lucky lady pup for you. Weeeee

- Fudgie, Princess & the Piappies

Anonymous said...

Hi Jake! No wonder you're a good writer, you read a LOT!!

Cheers,
Maxx

Sally said...

Dear Jake - Paddy here! When you speak of dating Sally - do you mean my sister Sally? If so, I give my whole hearted endorsement - perhaps I can arrange her visit to the US for a long period of time? Then I can claim D and C all to myself!!!!

She is a sweet and shy girl - but a little crazy about doors - so it might be advisable to ask her out on an outdoor date first. Otherwise you might not see a side of Sally that is very complimentary!

Now what is this I hear about Carrleigh from the Rocky Creek Scotties? I need to go get that number and make a call...

Paddy

PS It looks like you have quite the list of lovely ladies - maybe I should read some of those books too!

Anonymous said...

Oh, Jake. All I can say it that you are a gentleman and a scholar.

Deefor said...

Hi Jake
You sure read a lot of books! Arrow says the covers can be very tasty. Remember there are lots of doggies in the sea. What you need a big greasy bone to get your mind off females.

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

No wonder you are such a wise pup, Jake - look at all the great books you read. We really were hoping we were seeing the start of a new Lacie, but you know best. We are sure there is another great lady out there for you and we are also sure that Lacie will continue to find happiness.

Woos, the OP Pack

Sally Ann and Andy said...

Jake,
I think that is great that you had a first date that went well. If you need a backup date anytime, I'd love to fill in.
Sally Ann

Astrid Keel said...

Jake, sounds like you're going to be on a dating frenzy! Lacie... then Sally... then... who knows?!
xoxo,
Brownie

animal lover, quilt lover said...

Oh Jake, You are the best read pup that I have ever know and I have know a lot.I love that about you!!
Your Mom is the best photo taker in the world, I think!
Great job Mom!! WE here love all your photos!!
WE Love Love you both!!
Happy, Bambi Nad their Mom