We told her.
"Moma! The sun's shining in our eyes!
Do we really have to do this?"
And she told us
"Yes. It'll only take a second if you cooperate.
And I'll give you all a treat when we're done."
So.
We complied.
(We'll do most anything for a treat.)
We posed for a sort of
Family Thanksgiving Portrait
with all our wheelies
and the wheeless
Winston.
Our Patriarch.
Of course.
Now that we've done this.
You can't tell it's a Thanksgiving portrait.
You can't see the wooden pumpkins.
Or the cornucopia filled with carved wooden fruit
that make wonderful toys.
Almost as good as tennis balls.
And the wheelies sort of blend into the background.
But that's maybe okay.
Because we haven't even properly introduced any of them
Except, of course,
Winston.
But we did get our treats.
And they were wonderful.
They always are.
You must know by now.
We are rather
modest
shy
and
humble
Wire Fox Terriers.
Live Wires.
Two Special Wires
(as per Moma.)
We love our new lives.
We love our family
and
We love our friends.
That's all it takes to make us happy.
(Well, the good food
occasional treats
walks
warm comfy beds
and
belly rubs and scritchies
all help.
All those are things
we didn't have before.)
But when we get Extra Special Acknowledgement
It makes us feel lucky and proud.
And we got that
Extra Special Acknowledgement this week.
We were nominated by our friends and mentors Martha and Bailey
with the nomination seconded by our trainers Agatha and Archie
with the nomination seconded by our trainers Agatha and Archie
to receive the Awesome Blog Award
by Dogs With Blogs.
Wow.
We are flattered.
And appreciative.
We feel every blogging doggie deserves this recognition
because we get joy
and inspiration
and a lot of good laughs
from every blog we read.
Being part of this community
has been a privilege for us.
It has encouraged us
Introduced us to new opportunities
Reinforced us
Made us laugh
Made us cry
And given us a chance to have a voice.
If you feel so inclined to vote for us
(you must be registered to vote)
That would be nice.
But whether we win or not
Doesn't matter.
Really.
It's the fact that we were recognized
as being worthy
that makes us so proud and happy.
Mostly we want to take this opportunity
This week leading up to American Thanksgiving
to say
We are so thankful for our Friends
And for this amazing Site
that allows free Expression
and sharing of Love
all around the World.
Thank you
Dogs With Blogs.
Thank you Friends.
This Thanksgiving will be more special
because of you.
And we hope it's special for everyone else.
All of our Friends.






22 comments:
Congratulations. That is awesome! We are headed to vote.
We just voted...you have a pawsome lead. Thank you for such wonderful postings.
gussie and teka
I love your Thanksgiving picture. I am going to vote for you right now! Paws up to you my pals.
licks and sniffs, Sasha
Congratulations! Your blog is most deserving of the nomination. We will certainly cast a vote. Your Thanksgiving photo I think truly captures the meaning of the day. It is not about the decorations or the collections; the background noise if you will...it is about your full and grateful hearts and loving family and building cherished memories and shared community. All of that is SO obvious looking into your eyes, Jake, Fergie (and Winston too). Your photo makes us feel warm and safe and fortunate...and so I say it is the PERFECT photo!
Congrats you guys, you deserve it. The photo turned out great.
Awwwwwwwww sweet friends...what a wonderful and lovely post!!!!
We have just vote for you!!!
You deserve to be the winners!!!!
You're sooooooooooooooo special and your blog is GREAT!!!!
It's filled of love and sweetness....
and each time we read your post you made our day!!!!
Thanks to be our friends dear Jake and Fergie!!!!
We love your thanksgiving picture...you're very very special models and we think any pic with you photographed on it is GREAT!!!!!!!
HAve a wonderful day!!!
WE LOVE YOUUUUUUUUU!!!!
Tons of love and kisses!!!
Dawlingest sissie Fewgi and bwuvvew Jake!
That's a wondewful family pawtwait..I see you two pawfectsly and winston too and the othew cuties awe still shy, so It's Ok theat they'we a little in the shadow!Happy Thanksgiving to you and all youw family!
I'm so gwateful this yeaw to have gotten you as my family!
Congwatulations on youw vewy well desewved nomination..I just voted and you'we a shoo in!!!
Woo hoooo..you have been such a vewy impawtant pawt of the bloggie wowld you desewve this wondewful wecognition
smoochie kisses
youw pwoud sissie
ASTA
Hi Jake & Fergi, of course we have already voted and paws are firmly crossed!
We are always inspired by your blog which is why it is awesome.
We just loved the Thanksgiving pic - you are both just so beautiful and we are truly happy that this Thanksgiving finds you where you are now - with your wonderful family surrounded by love.
Just enjoy every minute and never look back....always forwards.....like us!!
We love you
Martha & Bailey xxxx
That photo is just beautiful.. You are so photogenic.. I love it.. Of course I will vote.. Hugs GJ x
Awwww, look at you two in the spotlight...
We know what it's like to have to do pinkie-pleasing things just to get a treat...as if we were circus animals...but quietly, we love it
Your photo is just beautiful! We love it!
You have our vote! Your blog is fantastic!
Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch
EHYYYYY Dear J&F....mommy is trying to send you an email....but she isn't able to do that because it continues to come back eachtime she send it!!!!
???????
She asked you if you could send us the HTML Code for the counter!!!!
Could you tell it to your mommy?????
Thanks guys!!!!
WE LOVE YOUUUUUUUUU!!!!
Hope your email work well very soon!!!
SMACKKKKKKKK
Congrats!! You are most worthy of this honor. We're off to vote for you.
XOXO
Lilly, Piper, Carrleigh and Java
Congrats, big ones, to you both Jake and Fergi. I am casting my vote for you and send all the best wishes I got for you to win this.
Kisses,
Stella
AWWW, that's nice. If I could vote I would, I can't join because I have cats too!!!
Happy Thanksgiving!
Once Mom's eyes stop leaking, we'll go ovfur and paw our vote!
I'm so proud to know woo!
Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra
Congratulations !
Waouw the picture is great !
Kisses, Faya & Dyos
Congratulations on your nomination!
I voted for you!
You are the best!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza
We love the photo - where you had darkness - you now only have light!!! What wonderful happy faces you have - including Winston! You are so right - thanksgiving is about appreciating all the important things - and forget the rest.
Although D says she would like a pumpkin pie - and I personally would like the turkey - we are drooling at the thought of a Thanksgiving meal....we do not have it over here - maybe we should have it anyway!
Congratulations on your award - you guys deserve it and we are going over to vote now.
Super big licks
Sally and Paddy
That Awesome blog thing is a tough competition and it means a lot just to get nominated for sure. You are a great pair.
I loved the presents you sent to Joey. Wow!
Slobbers,
Mango
Congratulations! Your portrait is lovely - what's better than dogs in the sunshine? We're headed off to vote. We think we should get eight votes, but we only get one.
wags from the (8) whippets
That is an awesome picture.
Congrats on your nomination - we are going to go vote for you now.
Woos, the OP Pack
Post a Comment