Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Shoutin' Outloud: Happy Birthday Asta!!!!

We've still been doing a lot of thinking the past few days.
There's always lots to be thinking about.
And talking about.

One thing is
Thursday is our Sissie Asta's Third Birthday!!!

Glitter Words - http://www.sparklee.com
We got a chance to talk to her the other day.


I called her.
(I worked hard and punched the numbers with my nose.)



 Her Mommi gave her the phone.



And we had a great time talking.

(Well, actually, I did most of the talking.
Jake listened (while he napped.)
You know how girls are when they get to yakkin'.)



☎  
Anyhow, I asked her something like,
"What do you want for your Birthday, Asta?"




She said something like,
"You know, Fewgi, I wish I could give all my toys to the doggies and kitties who nevew weceive special toys to play wif.  I wish I could give evewy fuwwy and fuzzy and feathewy creatuwe a wawm bed to sleep in.  I wish I could sewve nice healthy meals to evewy hungwy tummy. I wish I could make suwe evewy one of God's cweatuwes could feel a loving scrwichie, a soft kiss, a tendew touch, evewy day.  I wish I could help all the animals that need the help."


☎  
I said back to her something like,
"Asta. You give so much love and joy to so many doggies and kitties and their people.   We want to do something special for YOU."




She said something like,
"But I alweady have evewything I could ask fow, Fewgi.  I'm a lucky giwl.  I have a wondewful home and a wondewful family and all sowts of fwiends and toys and tweats evewy day.  Some of my fwiends awe even kidnapping me and taking me to a secwet location to celebwate my biwfday."


☎  
I said back to her something like,
"We know!  We hope to join you!  But what about pressies, Asta? We want to do something special."


She said something like,
"Well.  What would you think about maybe celebwating my birwfday by helping one of the organizations that help animals?  Like (blush) maybe a donation in honow of my biwfday?  Would that be okay?  Then I'd feel like I am helping, and I'd be celebwating a gift at the same time.  What do you think?"
☎  
I said back to her something like,
"I think it is a fantastic idea, Asta.  And I know Jakey and Moma and NinaGirl will agree with me.  That's what we're gonna do.  How would feel if we let our blogging buddies know about that idea?"




She said something like,
"Well, I don't want to seem pwesumptuous, but I'd like to think I can help.  Maybe this is one way I could make a diffewence, and othews could too.  That'd be a gweat biwfday gift.  Don't you think?'





☎  
I said back to her something like,
"That goes without speaking, Asta.  You know how we feel. 
We love the idea."





So, friends, we thought we'd help Asta celebrate in the way she suggested.
We want to make it easy for anyone who might want to join in.

Here is a list of organizations we came up with.
They all can use donations.
Kibble.  Blankets. Treats.
Volunteer time.
And monetary donations.  Even little bitty ones.

and
There are gobs of ways you can help here, without spending a penny.
INCLUDING
Birthday e-cards you can send to Asta (and your other friends!)


So.
That's one of the things we've been thinking about.
And we wanted to share our thoughts.

If you want to send Asta a note to wish her a Happy Birthday
and/or to let her know if you've done something in her honor,
(It's on her blog.)

One other thing.
Totally unrelated.

We haven't quit thinkin' about the Wheeless Wheelie Boy.
Remember him?
When we first told about him?
He's been on our minds a lot recently.

We love that fella.
And his story continues here.
Our friends across the pee, Miss Enid and Otis and Eric the Square Dog
share his ongoing adventures.
His life is changing.
So is ours.
Wheeless Wheelie was rescued.  He got a new home.
A Foster Home.


18 comments:

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

Woo are a furry nice furiend/sissie!

I just hope a certain LACIE BEASTIE doesn't try anything!

This weekend is my khousin Merdie the Golden 'Triever's 12th birthday! I made a donation in her honour fur The Tails on The Trails hike I'm pawticipating in!

Woo Rokhk!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra
PeeEssWoo: And so does Asta!

Angel Ginger Jasper said...

That is a fabulous idea. I love it and will sort out something tomorrow.... well mum will he he.. Hugs GJ xx

White Dog Blog said...

What a big heart Asta has! Her birthday request is so selfless and loving. We wish her the happiest day ever filled with lots of friends who honor her with donations and who let her know how much she is loved!

Sally Ann and Andy said...

What a great sister you are to call your sister Asta on her birthday. I hope your birthday surprise goes well with her. You are a very kind a caring little dog to call and encourage your sisy.
Sally Ann

Duffy said...

Girls sure do talk a lot!

My sweet sissy, Asta is just the best, as you obviously know. I will be participating in the "help-others-in-need" program, too in honor of her birfday.

Luv,
Duffy

Agatha and Archie said...

WOW!!!! I LOVE your pink phone! We think this is a jolly good idea..We just sent her a little card and now we are off to donate to the Fox Terrier Rescue( well....OF COURSE!!!!!) We are sending you guys a TRILLION kisses Love A+A PS PL2 said she wanted to just kiss your litle head.... WE told her she could but the computer would get wet....

Rocky Creek Scotties and Rocky Creek Ramblings said...

A fabulous idea!!!

At our grocery store, there is a dog food drop off box for doggies in our area whose families can't afford to buy food. We'll be putting a big bag in there in Asta's honor.

XOXO
Lilly, Piper, Carrleigh and Java

Lorenza said...

Hi, Fergi!
Pawesome idea!
I am going to tell my mom about it!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Stella said...

This is all just very wonderful and I am proud of all of you, Jake, Fergi, and Asta for such a great idea.

I will certainly take part, and even though I don't have many green papers, I will send what I have.

Kisses,
Stella

Sally said...

Great idea - we already donate to the Dogs Trust - so we will help the Fox Terrier Rescue on her behalf! Perfect gift - always the right size and colour!

Licks
Sally and Paddy

Duke said...

You look so pretty with your pink phone, Fergie!
Asta is the sweetest of sweeties and so are you!
We're off to check out the links!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

Dexter said...

That Asta is just the best!

Slobbers,
Mango

Maxmom said...

Hey there you two!
You always come up with some wonderful ideas...congratulations!
Love you guys lots
MAXDOG IN SOUTH AFRICA

Bruce said...

Hello Jake & Fergi...nice to meet you! Anytime you want some cat advice, I'm your cat!
your new cat pal,
Bruce:)
p.s. you two sure are cute!!

Patience-please said...

Great idea!!! You two are the best!

wags from the whippets

Jackson's J1 and J2 said...

Hey pals, what a nice idea! J x

PS Thanks for your kind comments about the FF card. Which one did you get? Did it have me on it?

Amy & the house of cats said...

We had never met Asta before but we have seen her mentioned on a few blogs today. We will have to stop by - she sounds great and like she cares a lot about other animals too!

Joe Stains said...

YOu girls and your phones, you should hear my Mom on the phone with her sister. :) We wished Asta a happy birthday, you guys came up with a great idea on the charity thing.