Monday, September 21, 2009

Progress, Evidence and Explanations

Moma sorta wishes she had some video of the Fergs
(as she is sometimes known)
when she first touched grass
or when she first wore a leash
or when she went on her first "walks"
(Moma drug her down the driveway.)


Then, again, maybe it's better recalled as a sad memory.


Well.


Things are a bit different.
In several respects.


Seems the Summer in Florida and the Girls' Spa Day
and the Yet Undetermined Feltie Demolition
may have become turning points.


Check out Miss Fergi on her walkies NOW!



And, in motion:




and



and



Moma has given up on crating Fergi
and leaving me in "my room" when she leaves.
Now we get to stay in the bedroom,
with Animal Planet on TV and the big bed and big window to enjoy.


She left us today.
And we were calm, cool and collected.



She put up the gate, and laid down the potty pad
(though we've been very good little dogs and haven't needed it in recent days.)



We told her as she went out the door,
"We'll be good, Moma."
"Go and have a good time."
"We'll watch TV and sleep."
"Bye!"


Two hours later
(and $1000 poorer, thanks to the big Wheelie Service Shop)
Moma returned.


We were waiting for her at the gate.



This time, just a bit more animated.
(Can ya see anything different?)


Seems we had a bit of a Play Day while she was gone.



Or at least one of us did.
Any guesses who?



We're not telling.


And, anyhow, we blamed it on the cold front.
It snowed while she was gone.
Here's proof.
You can see the snow on the mountain that we see from our front door.



The truth is:
We're simply proving that we still have our "terrier spirit."
As a result of our terrier tenacity.
And we are having a grand time showing it.


Now.
Enough of this!
It's time for our walk!



34 comments:

Gus said...

We love seeing that tail up in the air where it belongs. And what's a pee pad in the greater scheme of things? Tell your Moma that you are just proving that she is doing a great job.

gussie

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

My mom already had a smile on her face bekhause she had a good afternoon....

BUT your videos and pikhs made her smile EVEN BIGGER!

Fergi: I believe your walk is showing some serious 'tude!

WOO GO GIRRRRRRL!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra
PeeEssWoo: Befur woo even said anything 'bout something being difFURent, we noticed it!

Green-ish said...

Looks like you guys had fun while your mom was away! We have been busy slowly destroying cardboard boxes around the house (our Mommy and Daddy are still in the process of moving everything here so we have lots of boxes and no furniture yet). We didn't like seeing the snow so early today!

Hope you had fun at Summerset - we didn't make it out this weekend but will hopefully get to go more places once our Daddy gets back (we're a handful for one person). Have a good week!

Doctor Dre said...

hey guys!
good to hear from you!
dre can't believe you had snow already! me hate cold. it is getting pretty chilly here in ida-ho too.

talk to you later,

Dre

ps. me thinks fergi did it.

Kelly said...

Oh Miss Fergi! Seeing you prancing around on your walkie almost made me cry! I love seeing you so happy and free-spirited. I also love how much you glance over at Jakey during your walk. I know we pretend that brothers are yucky... but I think you must really love him. It can be our secret.

And YAY for having the whole bedroom while your mama runs errands! That just made my day!!

xoxo
Pearl

Dexter said...

Fergi! I guess you needed that spa weekend after all to boost your spirits and give you true terrier power. You look quite smart all jogging down the street with your tail pointed to the sky.

Slobbers,
Mango

Duke said...

Isn't it wonderful when the hoomans trust you enough to put the crates away and give you more freedom! Ripping up your potty pad is nothing! After all, it is YOURS so you did nothing wrong!

Love ya lots
Maggie and Mitch

Duffy said...

I've actually ripped up more than potty pads. But that's another story. I loved your tall waggin' tails and the welcome home enthusiasm!
Luv,
Duffy

Stella said...

You two are just a picnic, all by yourselves! I loved watching Fergi, then both of you Happy Walking down the street!

Kisses,
Stella

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

You two sure do have a lot of energy - loved those walkies. We heard on the news there was snow in Colorado, wonder if any of it will make its way to eastern Kansas this year.

Tail wags, the OP Pack

Rocky Creek Scotties and Rocky Creek Ramblings said...

We're so glad to see the tail up and some serious "terriertude"!!!

XOXO
Lilly, Piper, Carrleigh and Java

Agatha and Archie said...

Ahhhhhhhh it sure did us a world of good to see you BOTH synchronized walking with your tails up...but really the best thing of all?? WAS THE PEE PAD!! WOO HOOOOOOOOOO YOU GO YOU TWO!!! YOUR INNER TERRIER IS ALMOST ALL OUT!!! ahhhh we are soo proud......a mini stuffie....a pee pad.... you have the whole house in front of you..Love your pals A+A( call on Aggies cell for further tips)

Tosca the Lakeland Terrier said...

You guys look like me when my homie gets back! Though she's a jerk and doesn't give me a cool room and cable TV :( ....yet! :) You look so pretty and happy on your walk, Fergi!

Lorenza said...

Hi, Jake and Fergi!
I am so happy to see you two happy!
And your happy tails say it all!
You have a great terrier spirit!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Joe Stains said...

Fergs was grinning ear to ear in the walky videos. We are so glad you guys are able to have free reign in the room, AND you taught that pee pad a lesson. This post made us happy :)

♥ Tiffykins ♥ said...

Your momma is lucky that you guys stayed in the room. Whenever mom puts the baby gate up to keep us dogs in a room i just jump over it. I have gotten very good at it and a lot of the time I don't even touch the gate on my way over.

Snow!!!! And here I thought it was really cold here lately.

We enjoyed visiting your blog and your spots are AMAZING Fergi, I love them!

Kali

Astrid Keel said...

Fergi, you look so happy on your walkie! And you also look a widdle too happy greeting your momma... are you the guilty one? BOL!

Hugs,
Brownie

Asta said...

Dawlingest ewgs and Jake
I am speechless.soo happy , i can't talk..ackshooally, I'm cwying wif happiness.
Fewgie you wewe pwancing along like a young happy pup..and those tails wagging wif happiness..a tow up pee pad! huwwah! you awe bof back..youw Moma's love has twyumphed.
all my delighted smoochie kisses
youw sissie
ASTA

Sally said...

Your family is doing a great job of showing love and giving cuddles - you look so happy! It is like the weight of the world has come off your shoulders - we are tail wagging happy for you both!

Do not worry about the pee pad - I still try and shred trouser legs when my D tries to leave me. So many full length trousers have become Capri!

Licks
Sally and Paddy

Eric said...

Boy oh boy what a wickedly wonderful sight. You two proudly fox trotting your waggers on your walkie...then giving the wags a wigging when Moma came home. Happy days. Ain't life grand now Jake and Fergie. Your Moma's love has worked magic. Know what? That bloggie made me smile and smile so big - all way from here to snowy Colorado!!

Wiry loves and kisses Eric xxxx

Anonymous said...

"Calm, cool, and collected"? You look like enormous felties! I miss you two!

Scruffy, Lacie and Stanley's Place said...

YOU GUYS ROCK!!!!!

My goodness, Fergie...your tail...it's up!!! Pointing to the sky!!!!!

We dogs were jumping with joy to see you two struttin' your terrier stuff down the street!!!!

Oh Fergie...you are healing! We are so happy!!!!!


Tons of joyful barks!!!!!

Laciegirlie

Scruffy, Lacie and Stanley's Place said...

Um Fergie...

This is Babystan...

I um...well...

I LOVE TO TEAR UP WEE WEE PADS!!!!

After Scruffy and Lacie have peed all over them...four at a time...chewed em up to shreds...countless times...


Drives Mumsie nutso...and the little buggers have no where to pee....

Strong Work...

Babystan...

Pee ess...I think it was Jake!

ScrapsofMe said...

Fergi girlie! I think that girly nite out did wonders for you! You look happy n confident n full of it! What's with the baby gate thingy? Is it magical or somethin? I just stick my tootsies in the holeys and over I go.
Lets go walkies some day!
Bonnie

White Dog Blog said...

The two of you seem to have come so far and made so much progress...it makes us smile to see you both happy and secure. Bless your momma for creating such a nurturing environment that allows you and your sister to bloom!Keep up the amazing accomplishments!

Alastriona, The Cats and Dogs said...

Oh, we had a great time at Opus' party, and it was very nice to meet you. We hope we see you at the party on the 24th. We are easy to tell apart Fenris is the huge dog, Socks is the black striped cat, well maybe the girls are not so easy to tell apart. Scylla & Charybdis are diluted calicoes and are real sisters. Although Scylla is heavy and Charybdis is thin. Hope that helps.

You both look very happy in your forever home and your Mom must be very understanding.

Paco,Milo, Maya and mommy Simona said...

OMDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!
What a great walker you're dear dear dear friends!!!!
We love watchink you walking together and your happy tails....
Awwwwwwwwwww....we would love cna be with you and have funny together!!!!
And what can we say about your lovely faces at the gate???
Sooooooooooooooo sweet!!!!
So your mommy have leaft you alone???
Poor guys!!!!!!!
;-))))))
And for 2 hours????
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!
Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....
but seemes that you both have had funny play time with your potty pad!!!
WAawawawaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!
Poor mommy!!!!!!!!!
But we're sure she will have forget you immediately after open the gate....the welcome home mommy is WONDERFUL!!!!
We do the same actions when mommy comes home from work!!!
;-))))))))))))))))
And you have snow????
OMD!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WOWOOWOOOOOO!!!!!!!!
We love snowwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!
Awwwwwwww....we're preapring our baggage and coming to you!!!!
We want to play with you in the snow!!!!!!!
CAn we????PLeaseeeeeeeeeeee???!!!
Where you live sweet friends???
We're sooooooooooooo curious...here is very hot during this days.....and we hate hot!!!
And mommy too!!!!!
YEPPYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!
Thanks for your lovely message on our CBOX....you're very very special friends for us and We love you and your family a lot!!!!
Thanks to be our friends!!!!
HAve a great day!!!
Tons of love and kisses!!!
SMACKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!

Dexter said...

Tell your mom not to worry. Even though I very much want to swallow my tennis ball, I am only allowed to have it when momma is right there to watch. Plus I have to drop it whenever she tells me to.

Guess your poops gave away the culprit, huh?

Slobbers,
Mango

Angel Ginger Jasper said...

I think you are two good woofies and your mum did good leaving you. You only made a small mess.. MOL.
Thank you for visiting me and of course I forgave you for the lady cat thing . MOL.. For some reason your blog didn't come up on my reader and I didn't know you had posted. I have tried again now..
Hugs GJ x

White Dog Blog said...

Did your mom visit the turtle preserve on the Atlantic coast of Costa Rica? It was closed due to birthing season when my parents went to CR but they travelled around the entire country on the best eco-tourism trip ever! I wasn't born yet but they showed me pictures of dad holding a baby sloth from the rescue! Mom loves quetzals!

Rachel said...

Nice hearing from you Jake and Fergi, here is the go ahead, I would appreciate having my blog posted and getting to know some other wires. Yes my name is Skippy, Jay my dad let the kids Jayme and Rowden pick my name, my mom Rachel wanted to name me Colonel Sanders but was Vetoed. ;)

Sophie Brador said...

At least you were on the side of the gate with the big bed.

xo
SB

Gus, Louie and Callie said...

You 2 are awesome walkers.. We pull on the leash when we start our walk but with all the steps mom has to take we are dragging them by the time we get home..
Wow snow, that is so cool..

Big Sloppy Kisses
Gus, Louie and Callie

Amy & the house of cats said...

Wow both of you are such wonderful walkers - you seem so happy and are so well behaved. I am very impressed - the little pad thing is minor compared to that. Plus it doesn't look like there were any accidents, just like you had a really fun time!

And tell your mom that I sypmathize about the $1000 (it sounds like it was at a car repair place) because I will be doing the same thing in a day or so.