Sunday, September 27, 2009

Journey Across the Big Pee

Foster Boy (aka Wheeless Wheelie) here.

It's time to tell my own story.
I'm Real, you know.
And my Voice has been restored.
No longer am I a neglected tattered old dog
sitting on a shelf.

I've become Alive again.
With a Heart and a Soul.
Full of Love.
Restored Love.


The day had come for me to leave
my foster home at Square Dog House.
My family in the Rocky Mountains of America was waiting for me.

My bag was carefully packed with traveling essentials for my trip across the Big Pee.
OtisKittie checked to be sure everything was included.
(FosterMom had thought of everything I might want or need.)

picture by SquareDogFamily


Otis and Miss Enid assured me I was ready and that all would be well.
I was nervous.
 And I was feeling pretty sad.
(So were they, I think.)

picture by SquareDogFamily


It came time to say my goodbyes.
Otis purred encouragement and reminded me that I am strong.

picture by SquareDogFamily


Eric the Square Dog gave me a last few pointers.
I tried to understand.
(I think he was really trying to bite my neck.)

picture by SquareDogFamily


Miss Enid promised to write and told me she'd miss my company.
(I knew I'd miss her terribly.)

picture by SquareDogFamily


And FosterMom gave me one last long hug goodbye.
She loved me. I know she did.

picture by SquareDogFamily

FosterMom wrapped me carefully in soft blankets
And gently padded my sore feet and weak neck.


Eric helped to pack me up in my big blue traveling bag.
(He had a determination that I sensed and tried to understand.
I knew there was more to him than I'd been able to figure out
in the few months I'd lived in his Square Dog House.)

picture by SquareDogFamily


I'd like to think he was kissing me goodbye.
But I sort of had my doubts.


And I left.


On a long journey across the water and half way across America.


And they all stood and watched me float away.
My Foster Family.

I traveled over open water.
It wasn't long before I no longer saw land.
The isolation and quiet gave me time to think.


I began to feel a peaceful sense of certainty
about who I am and what my value is.


I drifted along.
Time passed.
The sun set and the moon rose.

In the darkness of the night, I recognized myself, again,
as someone more than the charming, kind sentimental sort of fellow
I had been described as being.


And I kept drifting along.


The sun rose the next morning.


And heated my chilly bones.

Still Westward I moved.
Toward my new home.


I quietly considered some basic truths
about my heartfelt longings.

I kept floating. Pushed gently by the winds.


Later that day
A storm gathered.


Amidst it, I realized that living through life challenges
had led me to become the very wheeless wheelie that I am now am.

I was ready to proudly reclaim everything
that makes me Unique.

I am Real.
I am the only Me.

And I feel no Anxiety, no Shame, no Wrong.
I accept myself fully and completely
as a Real, therefore imperfect, Wheelie.


The weather cleared.
And I slept.
Dreaming of what my life had been
and what it was about to become.


When I woke up I noticed the ridge of low mountains my new family had described.
The hogback, they called it.
They said once I saw it, I'd be in sight of my new home.
I wondered if they were watching for me.


Slowly I lowered and drifted over a house.


And the balloon dropped down toward a grassy front yard.

My bright blue traveling bag was laid in the grass.
Along with my smaller light blue package of special items.
The ones FosterMom had packed.


I had arrived.
I was home.

But still wrapped in blue plastic.
I rested. And waited.

24 comments:

Gus said...

We are home too, and so glad to read more of your story.

kisses
gussie n teka

Angel Ginger Jasper said...

So glad you have arrived safely. I loved to read your wise words and look forward to the next part, The unwrapping.. Hugs GJ xx

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

What a beautiful you had to share with us - welcome home, Foster Boy - you now have a furever home where we just know you will be loved.

Tail wags, the OP Pack

Eric said...

Foster Boy. Such a relief your balloon landed safely. I've been most concerned as Eric told me you went off without the puncture repair kit for your balloon. He found it on the floor where your blue parcel was right after you took off over the white cliffs of Dover.

What a journey Foster Boy. I know you are going to love your new family.Tell us about them soon dearest.

I do miss you and Otis kittie sends you his best wishes. Nighty night. Miss Enid xxxx

Anonymous said...

Wheel boy seems like a nice sort. strange looking hippy dude.

Eric must be sad he feels excluded from wheely-only areas.

I hope everyone takes a ride to the sun in the big balloon!!

I'm happy you have a new home and a very nice one. You'll have big fun! YAY!

ruv Autumn

Sally Ann and Andy said...

I so glad you made it. What a life you will have. You will be loved, and treated with lots of wheelie treats.
Sally Ann

Agatha and Archie said...

OK listen, you seem like a nice enough kid ,very learned and soul searching and all that......BUT we are still perplexed by all that our pal Eric told us about the wheelie takeover of the world..I mean he was the one that got us all pumped up( not that it really takes much to do that ....) we are still waiting to hear from ERic,,,,,,,,Love A+A

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

As Dorothy furst said 70 years ago...

There's no place like home.
There's no place like home..
There's no place like home...

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Asta said...

Wheeless wheelie Boy
What an adventoowe..so much time to weflect and dweam..You bwought all the love fwom the squawe house wif you, and I know Otis and miss Enid and the othew wheelies and Ewic too(despite all his bwavado) will think of you always and miss you and keep you in theiw heawts.
Youw new family must be exstatic to have you finally awwive safely.
I love youw balloon..can you maybe take a wide in it and visit hewe some day?
But fiwst you must west and get to know the love of youw new family.
They have been waiting fow you wif open heawts.
I know you'we weal and I look fowawd to heawing all about youw life to come.
Mywan and romy welcome you to ouw showes along wif me
smoochie kisses
ASTA

Anonymous said...

Eagerly awaiting the next installment! By the by, The Boy announced apropo of nothing while in the car today, "I want to go back to Colorado."

Anonymous said...

Great post today! thanks for sharing that beawootiful story with us and it sure puts a smile on my face.

Cheers,
Maxx

Sally said...

Phew! Glad you had a safe journey across the big pee - can't wait for the big unveiling!

Lots of licks
Sally and Paddy

Ziggy Stardust said...

Oh my you are so very brave. What a journey, I am glad you arrived safely to your forever home. Good luck to you.

licks and sniffs, Sasha

Poopsie aka Blue said...

My dear old boy, so pleased you landed safely after your flight.
It is good to reflect on ones past life and feel content with ones self.
Hugs
Woodstock
http://poopsiessirwoodstock.blogspot.com/

Dexter said...

Such a lovely journey. I think balloon must be the best way to travel. I hope you like your new home.

Slobbers,
Mango

Rocky Creek Scotties and Rocky Creek Ramblings said...

You have a wonderful journey with time to prepare yourself to meet your new family. We can hardly wait to see what happens when you meet.

XOXO
Lilly, Piper, Carrleigh and Java

Bruce said...

You've got me on the edge of my seat Foster Boy! I can't wait for the next chapter, but at the same time I am so sad for Eric & Otis & your Foster family back in England, so I send purrs & meows their way!
your US cat pal,
Bruce:)

White Dog Blog said...

You are wise and loved and now you are home. Welcome.

Scruffy, Lacie and Stanley's Place said...

OMD...Lacie grabs her purple lace hankie and dabs her eyes...Wheeless Wheelie Boy...somebody needs to write a book who lives in ur house!! Oh my...Lacie sniffs and takes a big breath...

That was breathtaking!!!

Um...that certain intensity of which you spoke regarding Square Dog??? He musta liked you...(Lacie chews her pencil thoughtfully....)....he usually is well um...sorta a WHEEL A VORE....

You need to request Square Foster Mom to repost the video of Puppy Square Dog with Trip Trap, the Wheelie...it was UGLEEEEEEEEEEEE....

About a year ago, Eric got all paranoid bout Wheelie Takeover...according to the chatter 'round the watercooler, he was jealous of Miss Enid, but that might be just a rumor...isn't she a delight...might there be a bit of romance involved here??? (Lacie could invent romance between two rocks....)

Anyway...WW or perhaps we'll call ya W Squared...like W2 cept my puter won't make the little two...

Welcome welcome to your new home. We know you will be majorly loved...as Fergie continues to blossom in her confidence...ya might wanna move to a high shelf...I'm just sayin'....

Love and kisses!!!!!!

Laciegirlie

Deefor said...

Glad you made it. I was a little worried about that balloon. Welcome to your new home.

Duke said...

We thought you might be a bit lonely flying all alone in your balloon but you've got it all together, Foster Boy! We can't wait for the next chapter!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

Martha said...

What a journey! We have still to read about your adventures with Eric the Square Dog but were filled by wonder at how astute you were for one so patched up!
We are dying to see you unwrapped and discover what is in the blue packages.
We are thinking of putting ourselves in a balloon to see if we can pop over......
We are so pleaed that the journey was not only one of adventure but also one of self discovery.
You can be very proud wheeless wheelie boy.
love and kisses
Martha & Bailey xxx

Astrid Keel said...

awww! what an incredible trip! we can't wait to hear and see more of it. Hope you get out of the blue bag...!

Joe Stains said...

What a wonderful journey you made and what a great job you did telling us about it. You really did think of a lot of great things while up in that balloon, you made us think about the good stuff in life.

Welcome to your new home!