You've probably figured out by now
That we have an dispiriting Absence of Color
at our house and in our yard
in Colorado
Right now
(It's this way every March and April)
Abundant Spring Colors are a LongWaysAway
This is our OneAndOnly Yellow DaffyDill
Every year this time of year
Moma gets her "fix" from seeing pictures of Colors in other Parts of the World.
Like at Gramma's house, where the azaleas bloom like crazy
(Here's a pretty SmileyBox that OurAuntieJudith made for Moma)
![]() |
Anyhow
It seems that one day when we were havin' computer problems on the laptop
and Winston was trying to help out on the old dinosaur in another room
He saw Miss Asta sniffing some PrettyPurpleHyacinths
on the header of Astas's Blog
He was wishing he could get some of those PrettyPurpleFlowers for Moma.
Well
It seems Miss Asta suggested (in a comment to Winston)
That we should all collaborate and make it happen
(You see ... Winston no longer has wheels, and rarely goes for trips in the car)
Well
There was this VerySpecialBox that I sniffed out
(More about it SomeDaySoon)
It seems that VerySpecialBox is headed to Winston's Homeland
and
He felt a Need and Responsibility to help with the Delivery
(or so we agreed and so we told Moma)
So
Winston joined OurExpedition
The VerySpecialBox put him at just the RightHeight
He could see out and passersby could see him as we drove down the road
(TeeHee!)
Anyhow
(More about the BoxDelivery later)
While out, at Winston's suggestion, we convinced Moma to make a little SideTrip
and
Winston went about SomeSeriousBusiness
Finding and Choosing the PerfectHyacinth
Which he proudly bought
(The cashier flirted with him ... he told us when he got back to the car)
and
He carefully watched after it
and
Took it Home for Moma
Together they repotted it and put it on the Table
Enjoying the emerging color and the promise of Spring
Enjoying the emerging color and the promise of Spring
Now Winston can watch over it on the Deck
Waiting for the FullBloom of BluishPurple
Knowing
"Good Things Come to Those Who Wait"
(Wait and See! Soon you'll see what we mean! About that Box!)





16 comments:
Fewgie and Jake
I'm jumping fow Joy!!!!!
Winston wanted to do this so badly, I just knew you would help him wif this pwoject.Those hy a cinthses awe going to be soo bootiful and fwagwant. youw Momma will love watching them gwow.
Daddi wemembews that day wif youw giwl at moma.she helped him thwoo that day just like you two helped Mommi
We'll always wemembew..and love you..and cawe so vewy much
smoochie kisses
ASTA
oh boy, can't wait to see what is in the box!!
Just wait, you doggies will have all those mountain wildflowers pretty soon!
Wyatt
Winston, you and Fergie and Jake (and Asta)are an awesome team! Moma will love watching these beautiful blue flowers stretch toward the sun and burst into radiant color! She will smile everytime she sees them. You are all so thoughtful and loving...we are proud you are our friends!
Those are going to be lovely flowers. Don't forget to bring them back indoors if it begins to snow again! And we are most excited about the box! Winston may be an old dog, but he has excellent ideas.
gussie
Winston is such a thoughtful Wheelie. And picks out such beautiful flowers.
XOXO
Lilly, Piper, Carrleigh and Ruairi
No wonder Winton has no wheels I remember when he was up a mountain on a very steep road.
He is very kind to help post the box and pick out the best flower.
I can not mention snow I upset Stella, I laughed at her having snow while we had nice sun.
Stella put a curse on me and we have had lashing rain and gales
we are like mud pies when we come back from my field its all boggy.
Your ribbons blowing in the breeze look good, if you were here they would have blown right off.
We like the beutiful smiley box pictures.
Pip is looking out of the window all the time I think he is looking north though. Well he is dippy.
Licks Bobby or and Pip and Jock.
OMG, mom can almost smell those beautiful hyacinths! They are one of her very favorite flowers!
We can't wait to see what's in that box, Winston!
Love ya lots
Maggie and Mitch
One daffydill is better than no daffydills, which is what we have here!
Your pal, Pip
P.S: I think Winston made an excellent choice!
We can't wait to see what's in the box!
take care
Clive and Murray
It sounds like it's going to be pawsome. My people love hyacinths!
Nubbin wiggles,
Oskar
Yes we have strawberries and lots of them. We have been having a ball with them too. From breakfast to dinner strawberries are on the menu!! I am so glad we live were it is warm enough for growing food and flowers almost all year around!!
I will be waiting for your flowers to bloom!!
I think of you too, everyday!!
xx, Bambi & Fern
I can't wait to see them!
And... I can't wait to know more about that box!
Take care
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza
I am appalled that Bobby said I put a curse on him. What an evil thing to say! I am so shocked I can barely speak.
Thank you for your sweet comment on my blog. I am happy you are back and hope you find lots and lots of flowers to herald the spring. I will look forward to writing again soon.
Kisses,
Stella
So. You like moisture and you lie daffodils. You REALLY DO NEED TO VISIT ABERDEEN! We have so much of both!
Toodle pip!
Bertie.
PS What a lovely outing for Winston, looking splendid as ever.
Winston sure knows how to pick em'-we hope you enjoy!
What a lovely thought for dear Winston to have...I adored the pic of him lookin' out the window...wonder what the other drivers thought of such a handsome wheel-less Wheelie...
Purple HI! YA CINTHS are my very favorite flower...cept for purple lilacs...they smell so heavenly!!
Kisses, Miss Lacie
Post a Comment