Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Somebody had a Birthday!

FERGI

The sweet Princess turned eleven years old on 18 April 11
but
in a way
It's sort of like she turned Two
'Cause this was her SecondBirthdayCelebration
Since busting outta her PuppyMillMisery

Honestly
She seems to get Younger EveryDay

(Certainly MorePlayful and MoreConfident)

Fergi woke up this morning to a SweetMorningMessage from her 'doptive sissie Asta
Who started the day off with GoodWishes and LovingWords
(Thank you Asta)

and
As the Day moved on, MoreMessages arrived
(Thank you Everybuddy)

It seemed we were never gonna Party
but eventually, we did
and it was worth the Wait
(ReallyGoodThings come to those who wait ... we're reminded of that EveryDay)



Anyhow
Fergi had NO trouble sniffing out the MiniCupcakes
(Neither did I, the BigLittleBrother)

and

in fact

She snatched one of those LittleCakes, paper wrapper and all 
and BOLTED down the stairs
Swallowing it Whole
and then she came back for More


(Did you hear OurGirl in the little MovieClip?
She joined the Party all the way from her DormRoom)

(For some OddReason
I soon got jailed in a SmallFlushingRoom next to the Party
and even my Whimpers and Cries to be let out
seemed to be ignored)

I did, however, help in the PressieOpeningProcess
(Fergs is still a wee bit scared of those packages, so I stepped in to help)

and
In the BigRoundPinkOne
She found a soft rubber ball that holds .... TREATS ... that drop out when it rolls around
(Somehow I think there's a chance she might get the hang of ThisToy
though, I probably won't be around to see it ...
... if ya know what I mean)

Something pretty tempting was radiating from the PurpleShinyPressie

(I could smell it from behind that ClosedDoor
but my efforts to communicate were still ignored)

I think the next Pictures speak for Themselves

Let's just say ... Fergi liked her Pressie ... and she didn't much like me wanting to check it out
(I heard Moma say something about my Birthday is coming ... and those things stay well in the freezer)

Best of All

A Package arrived in the Mail today
Fast as Can Be
SpecialDelivery

Our Friends (we met 'em last summer)
Justin and Missy and Stevie in Merryland
Sent Fergi a SpecialBirthdayBox
Addressed in Pink
and carrying a FamiliarScent of Her (Our) Friends

(She sniffed and sniffed and sniffed ... I could hear her from behind the Door)


Inside the Box
Fergi found Lots of AmazingTreats
All the EdibleType ... just like she likes
YummyBeautifulGourmetTreats
Fit for a Princess (and her brother)


I'm pretty sure she will share
She's that kind of Girl

(We're soooo happy she is part of OurFamily)

Thank you everyone
For helping to make her Eleventh/Second Birthday so special!

Fergi especially thanks you
(Right now she is SweetlySleeping ... on the couch ... in her NewSpot
Right where she was in that VeryFirstPhotograph up top)


33 comments:

SquirrelQueen said...

Happy Birthday Fergi!
What a wonderful celebration for the birthday girl, so many new smells and tastes.

After such a busy day you must be very sleepy. We think your dreams will be filled with sweet party memories.

Purrs & Hugs,
Cindi Lou and The Krew
and Mom too!

The Black and Tans. said...

Fergie what a very special birthday you had. We are so very happy you are so much more confident and enjoying life to the full.

Lots of love

Molly, Taffy, Monty and Winnie

Duke said...

Happy 11th birthday, Fergie! What a nice cupcake pawty you had and such fun pressies!

Love ya lots
Maggie and Mitch

Dexter said...

Miss Fergie! Happy Birthday! You got so many nice pressies. I bet those cupcakes were amazing to nom on and meaty bones too. I love your balcony.

You are just as sweet as can be and how bold you are compared to when you first came home.

Slobbers,
Mango

Rocky Creek Scotties and Rocky Creek Ramblings said...

Happy Birthday Miss Fergi!! It looks like you had a wonderful one.

XOXO
Lilly, Piper, Carrleigh, Ruairi and The Sweet Babes

Gus said...

It looks like great fun and fabulous treats. Happy Birthday to Miss Fergi.

gussie n teka

Golden Woofs! SUGAR said...

Woof! Woof! Happy Happy Birthday! What FUN Day you had. Lots of Godlen Woofs, Sugar

Ms. ~K said...

Happy, Yappy, Belated Barkday Fergie!!!
We saw all the wonderful toys you sent to Bobby and Co....
You two ROCK!!!
Licks and sniffs,
Zack, Sassy and Buddy

Milo and Alfie Marshall said...

A belated Happy Birthday to beautiful Fergi! We hope yoor day was awesome.

rottrover said...

Happy Birthday, Miss Fergi! I loved how you snatched that cupcake - and DIDN'T GT IN TROUBLE!! I'm still trying to figure things out, too, and I'm constantly surprised at how fun it can be to be part of a family!!

-Ruby

Diana Chiew said...

Happy Birthday, Fergi! Special birthday for a special girl...

Sally said...

Happy Birthday sweet Fergi -we were with you in spirit - although Paddy would have liked to been in person as he would love a cupcake!

Have a wonderful, glorious, superday

Licks
Sally and Paddy

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

Happy Birthday, Fergi!!! Sure hope it is a great year for you - looks like that cupcake was a big hit. We can't believe you got to have those bones on the pretty carpet. We have to be locked in our crates with ours.

Lots of great pressies from some wonderful friends. Have a great day.

Woos ~ Phantom, Thunder, and Ciara

Stanley said...

Sweet Fergi Girl!

Happy Happy birthday! We in GooberStan are STINKIN' glad you were born & that we've had the pleasure of knowing you! Enjoy that bone! I bet you're a natural.

Extra juicy goob smooches to you from Stella, my girl, and me!

Goob love,
Stanley

Oskar said...

Happy birthday beautiful Fergie! I'm so glad you are leading the pamaperd life you deserve!

Nubbin wiggles,
Oskar

Bocci said...

Happy Birthday, Fergie! You are clearly a princess and deserve to be treated like one-your presents are amazing! We're drooling over those cupcakes and treats, and...that card with the Wire on it is soooo adorable!

Enjoy your day and your wonderful new home:-)

Amy & the house of cats said...

HI FERGIE!! Happy Happy Birthday! We are sorry we are a day late - mom is still doing a terrible job keeping up. We are going to sing you our favorite birthday song (a bit late but we think you will still like it!)

What day was yesterday?
It was Fergie's Birthday!!
What a day for a Birthday!!
Let's all have some cake!


(Well, we were able to modifiy it a bit at least!)

What wonderful, fun special treats you got Fergie - and we know you will share them with your brother (HI Jake!) and have so much fun with them (we know you will like the treat ball once you learn how to use it - what a great way to learn about toys!)

If you day was even half as wonderful as you are then it had to be amazing!!

Elaine Pritchard said...

Dear Miss Fergi
I am so glad you had such a wonderful day, you deserved it xx

Deborah said...

Happy Birthday Fergi! I enjoyed the videos!
xxoo
Deborah

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

Happy Happy Fergi Day!!

What a special day fur such a special girrrrrl!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra
PeeEssWoo: My word is BREAD - sounds like a tasty idea!

Asta said...

Sweet Pwinsees sissie Fewgie,
I loved seeing youw bootiful biwfday pawty that you'we momma and youw Deew Bwuvvew Jake gave you. That cupcake must have been too tempting to be able to wait to take the wappew off, heheheh I loved seeing you sneake it off the Biwfday table..btw, it looks like you awe on a pwinsess balcony fow youw pawty.
Justin and his pawents awe the best fow sending you that wondewful pwessie wif all the yummabulls and special cawds.
It makes my heawt smile that you awe having such a pawfect, love-filled life wif the most wondewful family. just as you've always desewved.
I love you
smoochie kisses
ASTA sissie

Asta said...

pee ess
pleez give Jakey a hooge kiss fow me too.
I hope you bof have a most wondewful Eastew wif youw Momma and youw Nina Giwl
smoochie kisses
ASTA sissie

White Dog Blog said...

Just the kind of perfect day we would wish for you, dear friend! You were (as always) in our thoughts.

Kari in Alaska said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Kari
http://dogisgodinreverse.com/

Ruby's Raiser said...

Happiest of birthdays, sweet Fergi! What a wonderful celebration! Our best wishes for many more happy years to come!

Casper Bear said...

Hope you had a greeeaaat birthday Fergie!
Lotsa Licks
Casper Bear

Anonymous said...

I hopes you enjoy every single one of those pressies cuz you sure do deserve them! Happy, happy 11/2nd birthday, beautiful girlie!

Wiggles & Wags,
Mayzie

Unknown said...

Lovely Miss Fergi,

Happy Birthday!!! You certainly do not look a day over two :)

Your birthday party was awesome! We love the pictures and the videos!! You make us all smile, even Joey!!!!

Thank you, Jake, and your Moma for sharing such a special day! It was almost as if I was there --- well, my heart was there for sure :)

Love,

Farfel, MOMMY, and even Joey!!! My sister Star (with the very long tail) is off having her babies -- due any day now....I know she sends her love too!!! xoxoxo

WFT Nobby said...

Just a quick break from te cycling to say Happy Birthday Fergi!
Cheers, Gail.

Bobby said...

Ah Fergi we are so glad you had a nice Birthday, I know this is late but listen hard we are singing Happy birthday to you. There that sounded so good to us, did you hear it.
Licks Bobby and Pip

Luna "The Scruffy Yacht Dog" said...

Dear Fergi,

Happy Be-lated Birthday wishes. It sure looks like you had a very nice birthday celebration, you deserve to be the princess.

Happy Easter wishes to you, Jake, Mama, and sissy.

Your friend Luna-tic

George The Lad said...

Happy Birthday sweet Fergi, I love your birthday table and all the presents you got.
I raise a pint to you and many more to come :)
Happy Easter to you all
Hugs and Kisses

See Yea George xxx

Stella said...

Happy Birthday Fergi! I am so sorry I missed the special day. But I did have my Mom get a dozen doughnut holes with pink frosteen on them to send to you. I had a little trouble packing them up, and (blush) I ate a few. Then I needed to find a smaller box. So I got that wrapped up and left it for Dave the Mailman to take. Did you get it? I hope Dave got it and not some other pup!

OK, so Happy Birthday Belatedly anyway.

Kisses,
Stella