Thursday, March 31, 2011

Windy Weather

What's with this wind?

Our ears are flappin'
Turnin' wrong-side-out!

For some SillyReason
Moma put ribbons on us to blow in the Breeze
(Some Breeze ... it was more like a Gale!)

And
Leave it to Jake 
He took advantage of an opportunity to dance


Neither of us much like it
(Neither does Moma)

But the temperatures are really mild
(Tomorrow's gonna be in the 70sF; Saturday's gonna be in the low 80sF)
So we try to still spend time Outside
(Watering and watering the Garden ... in more ways than one)

We keep watching for Snow coming over the Mountain

This month we only got 2.5 inches of the WhiteStuff
 Instead of the average 11.7 inches.

Here a reminder of what it has been like during previous Marches
(That's Miss Molly ... Moma was collapsed at the end of the ShoveledPath)

We miss it!
It's GOBS of fun and it usually melts in a Day or Two

We're way behind on Snow for the Season, too.
So far we've only gotten 20 inches of the average 61.7 inches.
(We're SnowDeprived!)


March is usually our snowiest Month.
November comes in second.
April comes in third
(Remember ... we hardly EVER get rain.  Anytime.  Any month.  Any year.)

Maybe we'll get Lucky in April.

We hope so.

20 comments:

Shawn said...

I could not believe the wind today! I decided not to take a run...too much work for this two legged 'ole lady.
Good for the two of you getting out to play..even if your ears were turned inside out!

The Daily Pip said...

I am hoping you will soon be singing in the rain very soon! Here's to April showers!

Your pal, Pip

Asta said...

Sweet Sweet sissie Fewgie and Bwuvvew Jake
I am so sowwy that you awe waitng and waiting fow that eloosive snow. Stay safe fwom that wind deew ones. i hope it doesn't scawe you. It's waining hewe all day and tommowwow too..i wish I could send it to you fow youw dwy eawf. Twy to enjoy the wawm sunshine
smoochie kisses
ASTA

Rudy said...

Wow, that's alot of snow, and you wish for that?? You two are crazy!! But we do hope you get some moisture, those wild fires are scary!! Fergi, I just love all your black speckles :)

Love,
Rudy

Kari in Alaska said...

Thats some crazy wind!

Kari
http://dogisgodinreverse.com

Joe Stains said...

Just stopping by to say hi! I hate wind a whole lot. Tomorrow it's going to be super warm here, I am excited.

Sally said...

We wish we could send you our rain at least!!! Our garden is water logged - so it could do with some of your dryness!

For now we send very wet licks

Sally and Paddy

Princess Patches said...

You have less snow because WE got it all! Not really...but we have had our share AND someone else's!

Happy April!

Aire-hugs,
Penny & Patches

Gus said...

Hoping that the snow comes your way soon...otherwise this is gonna be a very dry summer (and a dangerous one) in your part of the world.

Our sissie said it was over 60 degrees in Flagstaff, AZ where she lives. That is amazing, but ....they have a few of the same problems and concerns you guys do.

paws crossed
gussie

WFT Nobby said...

So much exciting climate data there! And you do look rather fine, with those ribbons blowing in the wind.
It is almost always windy here in Scotland. Shall I tell you a secret? When Gail was a little girl was cross about something, he brother would tease her by saying 'Oh dear, it's Gail force ten today'!!
Toodle pip!
Bertie.

Anonymous said...

Ohmidogness! You are not joking abouts the wind! It's been ker-azy! And I HATES the wind! When it blows real hard against the house and the windows rattle, I run and gets in my condo cuz I'm skeered it's gonna blow the house over!

I heard we might gets some snow on Monday. Paws crossed! But I'll believes it when I sees it.

Wiggles & Wags,
mayzie

PeeS. I thinks Jake is a Most Magnificent dancer!

Asta said...

Sissie Fewgie and Bwuvvew Jake
It's FANTABOOLOUS to see you back.I'm so glad stoopid pootew finally let you wite me, although I did enjoy heawing fwom deew Winston. He is so well mannewed and kind and such a gentledog.
I hope you'we able to help him wif his plan.

I bet that nasty wind is dwying youw nosies. Youw Momma is doing the pawfect thing. I know it will wowk and youw nosies will be shiny and moist in no time.
Smoochie kisses and wishing you a lovely day
love youw sisse
ASTA

nycstylelittlecannoli said...

What a great blog! Thanx for listing mine on your sidebar...I am a new follower! Have a great weekend!!

Duke said...

The weatherman was truly mixed up this year. We got all of your snow, Jake and Fergie!
We love your windy collage. Your ribbons are so pretty!

Love ya lots
Maggie and Mitch

White Dog Blog said...

Dancing in the wind with streamers flying and colors swirling, Jake looks like a tribal rainmaker. Hopefully, you will yet see white stuff (the cold melty kind not WDA floof) that will give the earth a much needed deep drink. We, too, are experiencing the dry and windy warmth of Spring...and our long white coats look glorious rippling in the wind (or so momma says). Know we are dancing with you!

Agatha and Archie said...

Listen when you feel the urge to dance you just have to go with it.. We hate the wind as well and you should just come here again because today it is snowing ARE YOU KIDDING ME?? Love The A team

Oskar said...

Enjoy your nice temperatures. If we're supposed to get any more snow I'll try to send it your way!

Nubbin wiggles,
Oskar

Bocci said...

You still look adorable dancing in that gale force wind!
Here's to you getting snow!

Lorenza said...

Practicing the Windy Dancing??
Oh-oh!
Maybe april will bring you some snow!
Take care
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Scruffy, Lacie and Stanley's Place said...

Good heavens what a lot of snow that was. We know you've been very dry out there and windy....

It's so odd here...we got seventy today and now it's pouring rain and it's supposed to snow tomorrow...what a mixed up winter.

Kisses,

Lac