Thursday, April 7, 2011

Mystery Solved

For once ... it's been a long time ... it's MY turn (Fergi) to share a Story
(If only they would listen to me ... and understand a bit better ...
Life could be a wee more comfortable around here)

It seems they started noticing more changes in my Behavior

Like

I independently started getting up on the Couch
(Something I'd never had the nerve to do, on my own Accord)

and
Sometimes
I'd curl up in a ball in the Corner of the Room
(Before I'd always go for my DoggieBed or the BigBed)

but

The difference was
I wasn't Happy

and
I'd shake like a Leaf with a worried look in my Eyes

Moma started fussing and worrying about me
And so did Jakey

On occasion I'd been sorta dragging on OurLongWalks
and
Moma was wondering if my "luxating patella" was getting worse

Jake tried to do his own Examination

but
Since it was time for my AnnualExam
We all went to the VET
and I got a thorough LookOver
(if you know what I mean)

Dr Batch (we all love him)
Watched me move
and 
He tenderly Touched and Massaged
Poked and Stretched
and then assured Moma that right now my knees are no worse
(Yippeeeee!)

I'm still at a Grade Two (of five) ... and there's no need for any real treatment
and
Best of All
I can get back to going on my LongWalks

Woohoo!
We are all ReallyReallyHappy!

For those of you who might want to know more
Here is a diagram of a luxated patella

The little bone ... the knee cap ... above the knee joint
Slips out of its groove

In my case, with a little (almost imperceptible) hop, skip and jump
It slips back where it's supposed to be
and
I don't seem to be having any significant pain

BUT

There is still the Question of my ChangingBehaviors
(They finally figured it out)

So
I ask YOU

What do these things in have in Common?

... a bed in the cabin on our Yellowstone trip last summer ...

... a very specific drawer ...

... a fork and a bowl ...

... shoes on a hardwood floor ...

... and THIS thing ...
(Do you know what it is?)

They all DO have something in Common
and
FINALLY
Moma figured out what was bothering me for a few days

Do you know the answer?

Well
It seems my eleven year old ears still have VeryGoodHearingCapacity

FINALLY
Moma heard something that I'd been hearing every once in a while, for a while
The SmokeAlarm in a DownstairsRoom was chirping and chirping
'cause, they said, the battery was running low

It's happened before
and
It puts me OverTheEdge

I hate that HighPitchedSqueakySound
I hate ALL HighPitchedSqueakySounds
and, bottom line, they terrify me

The bad part this time was I heard it long before Moma did 
(and Jake could care less)

NOW
(with a new battery ... Moma keeps a good supply of them!)
Things are back to normal
AND
I've learned that getting up on the couch is a VeryNiceThing

'Specially next to my Brother

Much Love
Fergi




29 comments:

Wyatt said...

Yes, we terriers are a sensitive bunch! Mom threw away Stanzie's bowl and she wouldn't eat for a couple of days. We finally figured it out and got her a new bowl that looked just like the old one....it's all good now!

Wyatt

Shawn said...

Fergie, I am so happy your Moma figured out what was bothering you.
Chloe does not like loud noises..the ones that come from those small hoomans.

SquirrelQueen said...

Oh Fergi, we are glad the mystery is solved and you can relax. High pitched noises are no fun at all.

We are also glad to hear your luxating patella isn't getting worse, enjoy those long walks.

Martha said...

Oh Fergi, thank goodness the humans have figured things out - let's face it they can be a bit slow sometimes.
we both hate loud pitch noises too and of course we hear things that are really annoying - we seem to have a lot of burglar alarms going off here at the moment.
To be honet we don't much care if anyone is being burgled anymore they go so much!
We see you becoming a brave and independent young lady - Girl Power to you Fergi.
Much love
Martha and Bailey xxx

WFT Nobby said...

Fergi you are so lucky to have a clever Mom who was able to figure out what was bothering you. And I am so pleased to read that you can go on nice long walks and that your leg is not too painful. And that you can enjoy being on the couch with Jake.
Wonderful news all round!
And to top it all I see that the Aunties came to visit too. (Oh how we have been missing them).
Toodle pip!
Bertie.

Rocky Creek Scotties and Rocky Creek Ramblings said...

That chirpy noise makes our Mom crazy too!!

One time our Uncle thought he had a bird in his basement - he was even putting out food and water for it that was disappearing (must have been one fat mouse down there!) until our Granny went down there and heard the fire alarm chirping - it's been a big joke in our family ever since!!

XOXO
Lilly, Piper, Carrleigh and Ruairi

Gus said...

Fergi...we are so glad your Moma figured things out! Hoomans do not hear as well as we do, sometimes me and Teka take turns staring up at the monster and barking at it. Muzzer has finally figured out why we do that, but she got pretty mad at the barking thing last time and actually said "Just TELL ME what the problem is!" When all the time, that is what we were trying to do. Sheesh.

Glad you got them straightened out.

Gussie

Kari in Alaska said...

Glad to hear the humans figured out what was going on!

KAri
http://dogisgodinreverse.com

The Daily Pip said...

I am most sensitive to change and strange sounds, too. What would your mom do without you to warn her about the smoke alarm! Good work!

Your pal, Pip

Angel Ginger Jasper said...

I am glad that it was something as simple to fix as this. Yayy to your mum for finding it out.. Hugs GJ x

Duke said...

Thank goodness the chirping has stopped, Fergie! Even our mom says that's a noise that can drive you batty!

Love ya lots
Maggie and Mitch

Inky and Molly said...

We hope the couch won't make a noise so you can fully enjoy it!

Asta said...

Fewgie
Hoomans hjust don't have ouw incwedibull heawing and smell and evewything that makes us so much mowe sensitive to ouw enviwonment.
I'm thwilled that you wewe finally undewstood, and the iwwitating sound went away..even mowe thwilling is to heaw that you got a good wesult at youw nice dogtows. you look bootiful on that examination table. I bet you made him swoon wif youw booty and chawm.
Sitting on the sofa next to Jakey looks so comfy and safe and welaxing..I am so happy Dawling sissie
smoochie kisses
ASTAsissie

Stella said...

It seems like we have this in common, Fergi, I don't like chirpy noises either. Another one is the timer on the stove, my Mom will set it, and then it will buzz, buzz, buzz until she remembers it and turns it off. We have all of the summer noises coming too, Fergi,we are gonna have to set up a support group for these!

Kisses,
Stella

White Dog Blog said...

Oh Fergie, we are so glad your knees are still good enough for long walks and jumping on the BigBed. It is wonderful that you FINALLY got everyone to understand about the smoke detector noises...how irritating! Now life is back to being grand and everyone can relax and truly enjoy the emergence of Spring!

Lorenza said...

Hi, Fergi!
Glad to know everything went well at the Vet!
And thankfully your mom noticed about the chirping of the alarm! Those noises are really annoying, right?
Have a great weekend!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Farfel said...

My dear lovely Miss Fergi :)

You have the most beautiful luxating patella, as well as the most beautiful Terrier smile :)

There is nothing you can't accomplish!!! I am so happy you are happy!

Love,

Farfel

Karen Raye and Bentley Beargrass said...

We completely understand the strange noise thing in this house. Have a wonderful week!

Sally said...

We cannot believe we have taken so long to comment! Poor sweet Fergie! I am just the same - any loud noise or high pitched tweet makes me really crazy. Paddy can sleep through anything! Must be a boy thing...

Read your other blog - and we are super tail wagging happy that you like the mug! D loves hers - in fact she bought an extra one so she can replace it if she drops it!!! (She is very clumsy so it makes sense!)

What is this about the mysterious box - can't wait to find out?

Lots of licks
Sally and Paddy

Amy & the house of cats said...

HI Fergie! Wow we have missed you all while we couldn't visit! We think your story is good because it is a good learning lesson! We are glad your patella is ok (we know a kitty with that too) and we think that even though it stinks that you had to put up with the high pitched squeaking, it is good that it taught you that going up on the couch on your own is a GOOD thing. We understand hating that loud squeaking stuff though - it can freak us out a bit too (you would have hated the other day when our mom was replacing the battery in the carbon monoxide detector - it was SO LOUD but still a high pitched squeak). Tell everyone hello from us!!

George The Lad said...

Oh Fergi so pleased mom found out what was worrying you. I wish I could have been there to give you a (((((hug))))). OK a big hug ;)
Thanks for your visit and kind comment I hold you very dear to my heart, and do miss you when you don't blog, but I know that you are on Face Book, I may not put anything on but I see all your posts ;) so know you are all ok.
That what makes good friends in my book, we may not be in touch all the time, but will be there the moment we are needed, its just a shame we have that big pond between us
Stay warm and enjoy your sleep.
Love and Hugs George and Jan xxx

Shawn said...

I could not find Brian on your sidebar...i admit I do not have my glasses on and I am sipping on a glass of wine!!

Oskar said...

Well I'm so very happy that your knee is still OK & that they finally figured out why you were scared. I'm glad your happy again now!

Nubbin wiggles,
Oskar

The Ladies of Beaglebratz Manor said...

Shiloh'n Shasta here - we saw your comment on our blog 'bout the storm an'wanted tu thank-u an'tu let u no that we iz fine an'the stormz r gone til next time - out west Kansas, they r gettin'hit with a blizzard.

Oh - yes, couchez r a real nice thing tu lay on - espeshally with sumone tu snuggle up with.

rottrover said...

The lengths we have to go to sometimes to get THEM to understand... Glad you're feeling better.

-Gizmo, Bart and Ruby

animal lover, quilt lover said...

Bless you heart Fergi. You are just very sensitive!!!!
Glad Mom got it all straighten out!!!!
Thank-you so very much for coming to visit with us!!!
We love your company!!
xx, Bambi & Fern

Asta said...

My Sweet Sweet Sissie FEwgie and Bwuvvew Jake
I can't tell you how gwateful I am that I got to meet you and adopt you as my siblings..I am so pwoud of all you accomplish and woot fow you all the time and look fow evewy sign of happiness anxiously.You will always be my family and I'm vewy gwateful that bloggie made that pawsibull. I hope you and Moma will have a most bootiful weekend
smoochie kisses
ASTA sissie

Bobby said...

Hi my bestest furends, we hate the bleep sound as well we are glad they have sorted it. Poor Fergi we hope you knee gets no worse.
We have put the post on it has taken three days with the dongle to do it.
We still have not got the sky sorted out.

Bocci said...

First of all, thank you so much for your kind words about our blog-we so appreciate them:-)

And what a mountain of toys and such that you mailed across the pond-we're heading over to your friend's blog right now-thanks for introducing us to these wonderful people and their furkids!

And I hate the chirpy smoke alarm, too-I go crazy!

Your buddy,
Bocci