Thursday, January 28, 2010

Confusions, Decisions, Explanations

WHAT?
HUH?

We've been totally confused.
Mixed up.
Not quite sure.

We'll admit.
That's nothing new.
We still have a lot to learn.
(We were denied a lot during our early existence.)

We quickly and appreciatively recognize
All the Knowledge that's been shared
and the Experiences that we've encountered
(and enjoyed)
During our less than one year with Dogs With Blogs.

We're blossoming and developing.
We're coming into Our Own.
We're making good Progress.

Turning into Real Dogs.
Terriers.
Wire Fox Terriers.

But some things still stupify us.
Lots of things, actually.

For instance
This whole thing with Mango Minster.
(You can read about it here.)
We "get" the general idea.
(I love to watch Dog Shows on TV.  Can sit in front of it for hours.)
We understand Categories.

But

Cracker Dogs?
Insane Terriers?

What are those?
What are we missing here?

The first thing that came to mind to Fergs was Food.

She loves it.
Food.
Any food.
(Does that make her a Cracker Dog?)
It's a very basic, a very primal thing with her.

I tried to convince her it must be Something Else.

Like
Maybe
Christmas Crackers

Snap.  Crackle.  Pop.
(They're fun to play with and rip apart)
(Ask Moma.)

We found some Christmas Crackers with Dogs.
They must be for dogs.
Cracker Dogs?
Maybe

But that still didn't make much sense.

My next thought was Nut Crackers
(as in pecans and walnuts and hazelnuts)


We know a few Nut Crackers
One visits us on our deck
but
That still didn't seem to describe Us
Two Special Wires.

So
We looked it up in the Dictionary.

The only thing we found
Was a description (in very poor taste) of Southern company.

Fergi said one image of me came to mind.
(Stunning.  Aren't I?)
Betcha didn't know I could look this fine.

But
Nope
No way
We couldn't go with that.

Huh-uh.

Finally
Our Girl mentioned Urban Dictionary.
An archive of Contemporary American Slang
 and
That got us a little further.

We actually found an entry for Cracker Dog.

It said something about
"Someone who goes crazy, barks stuff and gets very
ummmmmm
pissed off."

Well
I'll admit that I bark stuff sometimes.
I can get pretty loud.
(I did spend the entire Christmas Holiday barking at PJ's)
But we still don't think I qualify as a Cracker Dog.
Nor does She.

Fergi pointed out that there is a Herding Dog Category
and
She reminded me of her occasional assertiveness
When we are walking together
Pushing me along.

But I convinced her that no one would ever believe her.
Or me.
Or Moma.

We dropped that idea right away.

Sigh.

Then we got further confused.

We tried to figure it all out.

We chatted
Conferred
Had a tête-à-tête.

Do we enter as a family unit?
(We're getting stressed.  Can you tell?)

Or

Do we enter as Individuals?
(Individuals, we are.)

We both grew weary.

Problem solving can be hard.

Fergs withdrew to her blankie.

I withdrew to my bed.
(I practiced Mango meditations.)

But we soon realized
We weren't coming up with any Answers
Let alone Entries.

So

Finally

We just made our own Decisions
Picked some Pictures
and
Sent them to Mango
at the Estate
With an Explanation.

Fergi said:

Well
This has been quite the discussion around this house.
You see
We don't think either of us really truly qualify as Cracker Dogs
We're not really sure what they even are.
We are so naïve and inexperienced.
And gentle
And calm
And non-terrier-like.
And we're certainly not insane.
But we are terriers.
Yes.
We are.
And we really want to enter Mango Minster.

So
I, Fergi
Chose to take this quite literally.
(This is Fergs still talking, to Mango)

Here I am.
A Cracker Dog Insane Terrier.
(It's a stretch.  I know.)
A Girl (really, a Lady)
A Wire Hair Fox Terrier.
Doing my Best to show it.

Accept it, or not.
Believe it, or not.
That's my Entry.


And I?
Jake?

Well
Not to repeat Fergi's message
I basically said:

It's true.
We're honest to a fault.
We ARE naïve and inexperienced.
And we ARE very gentle (I even flunked out of the puppy mill)
(DO NOT TEASE ME ABOUT THAT!)
(My Girl will come to my defense - in a heartbeat!)

I am perfectly comfortable with my non-terrier-like self
and I'm certainly not insane.

OK.  I'll admit.
I tore up the Christmas Cracker
That was hiding in the branches of the Christmas tree
but I was JUST trying to understand the Concept
of Cracker Dog.

Sigh
(Again)

I'm getting rather tired of all the Discussion.
All the Indecision.

So
I, Jake, have decided to personally pick a photograph
that represents my Concern
About just which picture Moma finally chooses to send in.

Here I am.
In my Simplicity
Unpretentiousness
Ordinariness
Plain Ol' Me.

Quite bored with the Indecision.
(And tired of Moma's shilly-shallying.)

So there.
That's my Mango Minster Entry Photograph.

But
It doesn't end there.

Just as we thought we had it figured out
and had our Entries in
We see on someone's Blog
Mention of a Rule
Against entering more than one Pack Member in the same Category.

Just goes to show.
We've got a lot to learn.

And that's Good.
We love Learning.

(See how easygoing we are?)
Not much ruffles our Feathers
or fluffs our Furs.
We are simply
Plain Ol' Wire Fox Terriers
not insane
not cracker dogs
Just Us.

Period.


Pee esS
Just in case we don't get back for a while
(as if that ever happens)
Here are some updates:


The cars are all fixed.
Moma's purse is thinner.
We're eating saltines.
It is snowing.
Winston made it home safely.
Our Girl started a Blog
(We'd love it if you visited)
Here


Muwah!

40 comments:

Noah the Airedale said...

Crikey, we thought we had problems understanding Mango Minster hehe. Glad we're not alone!!! Good luck pals.

Noah xx

Noah the Airedale said...

Crikey, we thought we had problems understanding Mango Minster hehe. Glad we're not alone!!! Good luck pals.

Noah xx

Bobby said...

Well you have put a lot of thought into, your entry, they are sure crackers but are you. Now here if we said she is a cracker we mean she is stunning gorgeous beautiful and so on. You look a Cracker to me.

Sierra Rose said...

I don't get cracker dog either, but would love some crackers, if you have a few extras! I'll go with the confusion/bored yawn too! Cute pix!

Hugs and snaggle-tooth kisses,
Sierra Rose

Baby Rocket Dog and Hootie said...

This was a good post you two.I'm afraid we missed the rule about 1 dog per catagory. Is that true? Oh well,Hootie is a bit crackers most of the time, so he should definately be in the Terrier group. We both tought your photos are sweet. Everyone should win!!
XXX-BabyRD and Hootie

Duke said...

We never even gave crackers a thought! You are so smart, Fergie and you Jake, are just plain silly! We love your entries! We also love your together stressed photo!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

Martha said...

We are sorry we are falling behind in our blogging duties!
Everyone is a winner in Mango Minster - it makes no sense so no point in using your deep thinking skills trying to figure it out.
Mango Minster defies logic......it is fun, fun, fun.........
So thank you once again for making us laugh.
Good Luck
love
Martha & Bailey xxxxxx

Rocky Creek Scotties and Rocky Creek Ramblings said...

We totally flaked on the Mangominster - our Mom wanted to get good photos of us, but you'll see in a couple of weeks why one of us is not very photogenic.

XOXO
Lilly, Piper, Carrleigh and Java

Angel Ginger Jasper said...

Wow what a lot of pondering and deciding MOL.. I can though see your point entirely.I love the two you picked in the end. I knowyou are soft natured woofies and I love that about you. I think you could be good woofies to visit with. I will go visit yor girl.. Good luck with your entries.. Hugs GJ x

Dexter said...

Well, so many doggies are quite versatile that it can be hard to decide. I think you will show quite well with the other terriers.

Slobbers,
Mango

Gus said...

Yup...we have had similar problems, and found it so perplexing that we did not enter (again!) But we love to read the posts and cheer the winners.

We think your entries are fine. You are your very own selves. And we love you.

Teka and Gussie

Kelly said...

I think your entries were perfect!

I am headed over to Nina Girl's bloggie... but I won't tell her you showed me where to go, ok? It's our secret!!

Amy & the house of cats said...

Ok, we just thought that we didn't understand it because we are cats - but it sounds like you (and a few others) doggies were confused too! We think your pictures are cute, even if they aren't what he meant. And we think it is hilarious that Fergie just decided to go literal and take a picture with crackers - how can that not be a winner? (And Jake your picture is just adorable too!)

Hamish Westie said...

So I wasn't the only one to have problems with that cracker dog terrier category then! I only entered as a protest you know...
Cheers, H.

Kari in Alaska said...

Those are some great meditations! we too are a big confused :(

Nancy Richards said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

Khan soo see MY Siberian smile?

I think it stretches from Pawsylvania to KholWOOrado!

What a pawesome post!

Best of lukhk to ALL!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra
PeeEssWoo: I added THE BLOG to my GR - won't Mom be surprised to see that one!?!

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

You all did such a fantastic job of putting your entry together - we wish you lots of luck. We didn't enter MM, we decided to just watch and enjoy. All your confusions, decisions, and explanations led to some very creative entries.


Woos, Phantom and Thunder

the magic sleigh said...

Wooos! I understand completely, My Mum could not figure out which category to put me in either, with Scampi it was easy, but me? Mum wanted to enter me as a catdog... silly Mum, I had to convince her I was not a cat or a cracker, although I may act like one of each sometimes.... anyway, great job on entries, good luck to woo both!
-Kira The BeaWootiful

Asta said...

Sweet Sissie Fewgi
I think you awe the clevewest wif youw entwy..that is y kind of cwackew doggie, hehehepawfect!!!!!!!! and Jake, youw big yawn sums up how you must feel aftew all that pondewing..I agwee wif evewyone who says you shouldn't wowwy, just enjoy the fun!!! I think evewyone is a winnew too ..and I should know..I'm a big time judge, hehehe

I love all youw pictoowes!!!!
I hope neithew one of you gots a big headache fwom all that pondewing

smoochie kisses
ASTA sissie (who's vewy pwoud of bof of you)

Duffy said...

I couldn't figure out what a Cracker Dog was either, but the Insane Terrier part I got. So I went with that. The pick with the boxes of crackers is great. And the "I'm going to pretend I'm not insane" yawn photo is perfect.
Luv,
Duffy

Lorenza said...

Hi, Jake and Fergi!
Let me tell you something. Last year I participated in MM 2009 and I won in one of the categories...
But... this year... I had the same confusion about the categories and with my mom and her health issues was harder to get any help so I decided not to participate!
Your entries are pawesome!
It took some time for you to decide but you chose very good ones!
Good luck
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Anya said...

Not nice to read that you are confused I hope its better now !!
Love your pics so lovely all :-)

Hugs Kareltje =^.^=

William Tell said...

It's okay if you go a little crackers now and then. It's fun, trust me. I do it on a regular basis. Good for the heart and soul. Let your hair down and go for it!

Happy Tails,
William Tell

Eric said...

Tee hee Loving your crackers photo Fergie and your yawning one too Jake, both winners. Oooh your frog legged one and the stressed one of you two had Mom coo ooo ooooing non stop. Know what tho, you two are in a category of your ownio, love ya whatever and wherever but you are definately square. Like me. Gootta run to Nina's bloggie!

Wiry loves and kissies Eric xxxx

Unknown said...

Ha.. you are the only your fergieness that sent an entry with crackers.. I love it and jake it is still crazy to me that you wear a a seat belt since you seem highly stimulated in the car.

Good luck... I can't sleep trying to make this decision In fact mom says I'd clearly exhibited crackery insaneness this morning. I guess i had to get in the "spirit" for judging.
norwood

Sophie Brador said...

I wanted to show in the Terrier class, but apparently, I don't rate. Can you believe it?

xo
SB

Agatha and Archie said...

Uh oh...we didn't read the fine print and every picture of us was us together..and without any crackers. as well...hoo boy ..well we'll see what happens..You are both so cute it makes PL2's face hurt from smiling...And as for that previous post ? He really gets around huh?! We are on our way over to your girls blog..muah Love A+A

Inky and Molly said...

Ha, it may have taken you some time but at least you got there in the end. We didn't even get that far. We didn't even get an entry together. To little time in an injured Airedale's life...Ah well, maybe next time...

McGillicutty said...

You crazy boys, Fergie and Jake! I don't understand cracker dog either, but I ate almost an entire sleeve one day before my Mom found me with crumbs in my beard. That's what we Irish do-steal food.

Oh, you have your eyes on my Barkarita, eh? We Irish are quite the party animals too! You know the pic of Jake in the car seatbealt? I've got one just like it that my Mom took after a long day in New Orleans. Check it out on my older blogs (around July or so)!

Thanks for stopping by! Tell all your friends about the McGillinator blog! I'm following you guys!

umekotyan said...

Good evening TwoSpecialWires
Confusion creates a new discovery and the doubt.
Of course, I am not perfect when adhering to terrier's ecology.
However, I like crackers.
The firecracker is recalled simultaneously with the cookie when calling a cracker.
There is Chinese New Year in the calendar of China in February so.
It shoots off firecrackers at Chinese New Year.
The terrier is a firecracker, wants to imagine, and doesn't exist.
Oh dear, it is a joke of the cracker.

However, the terrier is a family.
I smile while seeing a wonderful photograph of daily life.
Family's happiness is the best. :D

from loved ume tyan

Deefor said...

I think Arrow is a cracker terrier. Now I know how to introduce him at the doggie park. I think both of you look real cute in your MM photos.

Joe Stains said...

Sorry you guys had such a hard time with the Mango Minster, we are sure you will have it all figured out for next year. We are off to visit your girl's blog!

Scruffy, Lacie and Stanley's Place said...

Hmm...what's this bout more than one pack member per group?? HUH? Really? Well...I guess that just disqualifies Stan and Scruffy?? We're gonna go and lookie at the list, but I think we were all listed as certifiably insane cracker dogs...

Don't mind Mango and his stoopid group names...he knows that terriers like totally rule and that's just the way it is...frankly, I think he's afraid of us?

Now Fergie...those crackers look totally delish...and we ADORE your entry...as for the Jakester...he is so hot...I mean he's very attractive, n'est pas?

Kisses, dear pups...

Laciegirlie XXOO

White Dog Blog said...

Happy February 1st, my friends! Hope you are well.

Fenway said...

I agree. And as a bona fide border collie, rated the smartest breed, I assure you that your confusion is totally normal.

Don't worry about the herding category...I've got that covered.

And you guys come as a set. The rules should be bent for you. Who would ever want to split up such a good thing?

Your new pal,
Fenway

ScrapsofMe said...

Fergi, maybe they should split the terriers into groups. Like absolutely stunning beewootiful terriers like us girlies. And smelly boyz. Or in Jakes case, HOT looking well mannered male terriers. Does he have one of those Chip In Dell outfits? Hmmm...nice thought! Anyways, you both look absolutely fantastic...love the photos. Lets put some tasties on those cwackers and have a pawty!

see you in the ring a ding ding at MM.

Bonnie

animal lover, quilt lover said...

WE agree with you all, we did not enter because of confusion!!!!!!!
To hard for us!!!
We have voted and are voting.
We enjoy seeing the pictures
Know everybody is having fun.
Hugs,Fern

White Dog Blog said...

Hi Fergie and Jake,
Thinking about you this morning as we awoke to a dusting of snow and another change of the BIG plan (life sometimes gets a little complicated). Seems my human cousin Michael will be staying with us awhile as his mom is in the hospital (breathing issues).

Lacy said...

w00fs, me wuznt sure which cat to enter...sooo me is a hard workin doggy..me thinks me is gonna do like agatha an train to b a rat dog...good luck on ur enteries..

b safe,
~rocky~