Thursday, January 7, 2010

We're HOME!

It's True!
We're Home!

We're both happy about it.
Though one of us tends to show it more (in pictures)
than the other.


(Hehehe ... I love to tease my sissie)


We got home Tuesday evening.

I beelined it to my toy basket.
Fergi beelined it to her food bowl.
And we both ran zoomies around the house.

Delighted.
Excited.
And evidently (in Moma's opinion) smelly.

We figured out right away
That something was amiss.
Or missing.
As in Our Girl.

Where is she?
(Moma says she'll be home on Friday.)
She'd better have a good explanation.
Moma says it has something to do with something called an internship
at a place called Outdoor Lab.

She left for there the day before we came home.
Without even saying hello or goodbye.

Here's a Smilebox thingee that Moma made
so we might better understand where she is.

Click to play this Smilebox photobook: Here She Is

Anyhow
All we wanted to do Tuesday evening was relax
Sleep
And enjoy being home.


Each in our own ways
In our own places.



We slept like babies that night.
Moma said I didn't even roll over in bed.
But she also said our A Roam Uh was less than pleasant
Under her nose.

She called it "stress stink"
And it didn't take long to figure out her plan.



We knew what was next.


Wet dogs.
(That'd be us.)


But we didn't mind.
Really.
(We don't bite the hand that showers us.)

And we loved the feeling when the shower was over.
You can see for yourself.

All fluffy and white
(and in need of a grooming)
we relaxed together
for hours
on the Big Bed.


Happy as clams
(without a clamshell)
Home.
Sweet Home.

Waiting for our Girl.

Now

Before we go any further
Please
Don't believe anything you've heard while we've been gone.
We have to be sure and clear the record.

We're not quite sure exactly what's been said about us.
And we don't want to have any rumors floating around
That might deface our character.

For instance,
That I (Jake) was the "problem child"
Barking the whole time
Having to be bribed to come inside at night
Sneaking out without telling PJ I was leaving
and flirting in ways Miss Enid would not approve
while enjoying my time with Sally
In London
On Christmas Eve.

We promise to clear the record.
And provide details.
Now that we are able to be back in charge of our blog.
Just give us some time.

We've missed you.
We hope you all had wonderful holidays together
and
that the new year has started off perfectly.

We'll be around to visit as soon as we can
But first
We've gotta get our NinaGirl home
and
We want to celebrate our own family "Christmas"
(they made us wait for pressies)

Love
Jake (and Fergs ... she's really really happy ... just too shy right now to talk about it)

32 comments:

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

Khristmas is only a date!

Woo khan have it whenever woo want!

I'm happy she didn't put woo in the dishwasher to khlean woo!

As for Your Girl, we are furry jealous!

What a great place!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Inky and Molly said...

Hello Happy. Nice big comfy bed you got there. Glad you're home and safe and soft and cuddly...

Noah the Airedale said...

Welcome back home pals. Ooooh you two look very sweet standing in the shower. Bet you smell beautiful now.

Noah x

Kari in Alaska said...

Glad to see you made it home in one piece without any escapes!

Cassie said...

Welcome home Jake & Fergi! Loved the zoomies video. You looked so cheerful! We always go a bit nuts and do zoomies after our bathes too. We already smell (says mommy) and it's been less than a week since our bath. Sure hope we have a little break before the next one.

SOoo Sally & your walk and date went well. What's the news about Fergi?? Do tell.
love to you both,
BabyRD and Hootie

Rocky Creek Scotties and Rocky Creek Ramblings said...

SIGH. You're back home (and in blogland) and all is right with the world.

XOXO
Lilly, Piper, Carrleigh and Java

Bruce said...

I LOVE all the Happiness here! Thanks for sharing it with us and YES, you should be proud of your Nina girl!
your cat friend,
Bruce:)

Gus said...

Oh wow! You have a home that seems made for ZOOOMIES! Hoomans call it "open Plan" or some such thing. We call it "amusement park!" Just be careful not to knock over any of the little knickyknacky things (which would immediately become "priceless antiques.) on your way past the tables.

gussie

Kelly said...

YAYYY! WELCOME HOME!!!

I have SO missed you two! I loved seeing you do your zoomies after your bath! I know your stay with sweet PJ was fabulous- but there in NO place like home.

Momma and I were melting watching sweet Nina's smilebox. She is just the cutest thing, and we're really excited that she is getting to experience that camp.

Happy 2010 to you all! Can't wait for all the fun that this year will bring!!!

xoxo
Pearl

the magic sleigh said...

Wooos !Welcome home,I hope the two of woo stay warm now that it is cold down here in Sunny Florida. Baths in the shower, I would never do that.... but I loved your zooomies! What fun!
-Kira The BeaWoootiful

Sally said...

We re so happy to see that the family is all together again! I know how much you missed being away from your peeps - sorry about the bath - it seems to be the done thing when you come back from the pet sitter place! We do zoomies too - Paddy almost fell down the stairs once - love the photos of Nina's internship - we are very jealous - looks like a perfect place to be!

Lots of licks
Sally (and Paddy)

Martha said...

Welcome home!!! Can we come over and do zoomies with you?
How nice that you get to do xmas again with your Nina girl.
We loved your collages too - we have missed you both so nice to see lots of you!
love and kisses
Martha & Bailey xxx

Amy & the house of cats said...

Yay we are glad you are home! We can totally understand the excitement of being home and the joy of sleeping in your own beds!

You both look very cute wet - and you don't even look too unhappy about it (unlike us cats who, well, it isn't a pleasant experience for anyone when we need actual baths). And boy did you have a lot of fun running around after!

We knew that the rumors of bad behavior had to be false - we are sure you will clear them up as soon as you have time!

Have a wonderful weekend!!

White Dog Blog said...

There truly is "no place like home!" We are so glad that you are home and that very soon everyone will be reunited. You should be very proud of your Girl; we hope her experience is enlightening and wonderful. Just seeing you in your own place surrounded by your own routine makes us smile. Khyra is right, Christmas isn't about a calendar day , it is about sharing and being together and feeling the magic. When NinaGirl returns; CELEBRATE. Love to my very clean friends.

Bobby said...

YES NO PLACE LIKE HOME,NICE TO SEE YOU BACK. YOU ARE GOOD WITH THE BATH THING WE DO THE DASHING ABOUT AFTER TO.

Karen Raye and Bentley Beargrass said...

Home sweet home! So glad you are home. And smelling good in your big comfy bed. It's the simple things that make us happy, isn't it?

Asta said...

Oh Deew Sisse Fewgie and Bwuvvew jake
I'm sooo happy you awe back!!!
I know youw moma missed you tewwibly as did I and all youw fwiendses..those aftew baf zoomies awe the best!!!! and I biggified the pictoowes of the two of you all floofy and clean on the big bed..I couldn't get enuff..You looked soo shiny and clean and I wanted to nuzzle you bof.
I know youw giwl is coming home to see you this weekend and what a happy time that will be
enjoy each moment
smoochie kisses youw sissie
ASTA

Sierra Rose said...

Clean smell-good zoomies!!!!
Glad you are home!!

Hugs and snaggle-tooth kisses,
Sierra Rose

Duke said...

Yeaaaaaaaaaaaa, we're so glad you're back! We missed you guys! We can't wait to see what you got for Christmas!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

Amy & the house of cats said...

Hi Jake and Fergie! I am passing on an award to you over at my blog - I think it is perfect for you because your posts are always so wonderful and touching to read!

D.K. Wall said...

Glad (almost) everyone is home, though sorry about the whole bath thing.

Lorenza said...

Hi, Jake and Fergie!
Sure is great to be back at home, right?
With baths and all!
I am sure your Girl is having a great time at Outdoor Lab!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

animal lover, quilt lover said...

So glad your back and so glad that Mom and Nina-girl should be home by now. Puppies always get a bath when coming home from the sitters.
Love the pictures!!
See you when you get rested up,Bambi Happy & Fern

Unknown said...

Welcome back and Merry Christmas! I'm with Khyra, Christmas is not about a particular day on the calendar!

Wow - I hope Mom doesn't get ideas about that shower. I get baths in the tub and that's humiliating enough. I think I'd be scared in the shower!

Are you resting up to play in the snow with Ninagirl? That was a very pretty photo of her!

Your pal,

Petey

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

Your NinaGirl looks like she is having a lot of fun on that internship. We hope it isn't as cold there as it has been here. You two look great and you do zoomies when you are wet like we do when we get out in the cold:) Hope you get to see your Girl soon, bet Mom misses her too.

Woos, Phantom and Thunder

Angus said...

What great photos. If only we could get our two to go into the shower then bathtime would be much,much easier on everyone!

Joe Stains said...

Congrats to your girl to be chosen for such a cool opportunity! I bet she is going to learn a lot. We loved the zoomy video and can see how happy you are to be home.

Green-ish said...

Your Girl's internship looks like fun! We also run zoomies around the house after our baths...makes us dry faster. It must be good to be home after your holiday - we were gone for 2 weeks and were exhausted by the end of it!

umekotyan said...

Good evening TwoSpecialWires
Wonderful new time of 2010 is celebrated, and a happy, new year.
あけましておめでとうございます

The event enough at the new year is waited for.
And, it thinks of family's happiness at home.
My best regards this year. :D

from loved ume tyan

Sophie Brador said...

J&F! I love your zoomies, and those shower pictures are hysterical. I just know I'm in for a shower after I get back from the country. I'm going to my dog sitter's tomorrow for at least a week. Mom has to be on crutches, so she can't walk me. No big deal ... just a minor thing she has to have done.

ANYWAY ... here's the really important part. OUr neighbours brought home their Greyhound yesterday. We haven't met her yet, but she was the one we were hoping they would take. She's very pretty. Her name was Sada and they are calling her Prana. We are going to call her Sadie, because we think that's a better name. :-)

I'll make sure to get some pics of her for you.

xo
SB

animal lover, quilt lover said...

So glad to see you all are rested up and ready to get back to blog land!!!!!
We missed you both!!! What is your weather like??? Here in Florida we are in the deep freeze!! We can't wait for warmer weather!!!!!
Big kiss from Bambi and lots of petting from me (Fern)

Dexter said...

Oh Jake and Fergi! I do hope you will enter Mango Minster! Just that movie along is enough to convince anydoggie that you are, indeed, fiesty little terriers and I'm sure Norwood would love to have you join the other terrier contestants. Hope to hear from you soon.

Slobbers,
Mango