Transportation Woes
and
Transportation Joys
and
Transportation Joys
What a shame.
What a pity.
The Girl's Vehicle's Belly Pan
(what a name!)
half ripped off
and was dragging on the ground
as she left to drive up the mountain.
It's
(the automobile)
in the garage now
Waiting to go to the shop on Tuesday.
It's
(the automobile)
in the garage now
Waiting to go to the shop on Tuesday.
The Tall One's Windshield
(in her year old vehicle)
got a crack
which started growing by the inch
as she poked around in an antique shop last week.
It's
(the automobile)
in the garage, too
Waiting to go to the shop on Wednesday.
It's
(the automobile)
in the garage, too
Waiting to go to the shop on Wednesday.
Neither were happy to discover their situations.
Especially when they had to think about the expense.
Me?
I say keep it simple.
Remember my new wheels?
The ones I got before the holidays?
Well.
As many of you noticed and mentioned
They had very little traction in the snow.
I was limited to clear paths
And off road negotiation.
But
It seems Santa Paws didn't forget me
(or at least someone remembered)
And I was treated with a lovely Gift.
A Sleigh.
With freshly waxed and polished runners.
Perfectly sized
and
Comfortably cushioned with a woolen scarf.
I was quite pleased.
And
Remember my new wheels?
The ones I got before the holidays?
Well.
As many of you noticed and mentioned
They had very little traction in the snow.
I was limited to clear paths
And off road negotiation.
But
It seems Santa Paws didn't forget me
(or at least someone remembered)
And I was treated with a lovely Gift.
A Sleigh.
With freshly waxed and polished runners.
Perfectly sized
and
Comfortably cushioned with a woolen scarf.
I was quite pleased.
And
So long as I was headed downhill
It moved across the snow
like an hawk glides through the air.
Speaking of hawks
I had to keep my eyes open for them.
Seems they've been attacking the bunnies recently.
Ask Eric the Square Dog.
Sorry to digress.
To continue.
What a satisfactory feeling
Especially when I was able to enjoy
a cup of warm milky tea
upon my return inside.
Life was Good.
But that was not all.
My dilemma regarding traveling on the (downhill) streets
Has been nearly solved.
You'll recall I have to learn to drive
on the opposite side of the street
Here
in America.
It seems much of what these Americans do is backwards.
Not to judge.
You know it is wholly and completely
against my principles
to be critical or disparaging.
Still.
My Square House Foster Family
was concerned
about my Well-being
and my Independence.
So.
In the thoughtful and considerate manner that so well describes them
(Most of them)
I received a Learner's Tag
To apply to my Vehicle
To alert the other drivers
That Winston is on the Road.
Wheeling Along
Whizzing By
on my New Wheels.
It seems they negotiated with the Colorado Hiways and Byways
to make this possible.
As a result
I've even ventured on the roads
in the Park.
The tunnel was a treat.
I could just imagine Eric
Zipping along this road
in the zoomer
(on the wrong side of the road.)
Oh Yes.
Life is So Very Good.
Watch out World.
Here I come
Downhill
All the way.
(Don't you know
That the Girl and the Moma
wish it could be that easy
and that fun?)





22 comments:
Broken cars oh not good, and wheelie Winston charging about all over the Rockies with his new wheels. I hope you got him brakes as well. The path is clear for him, that picture is pawsome, love it.
You're official, Winston - you have your learners tag! Now you're free to wheel and sled wherever you want to!
What a bummer about the cars.
Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch
We hate to hear about the cars - we had our PT Cruiser down for about a month - It wouldn't start and had to be towed to the garage, but we had over a foot of snow and couldn't get it out from our farm. But now it's up and going again and Mom's purse is really thin,
You look great in the snow on your wheels and runners, Winston. You have brought so much joy to your peeps and to us. Hug them for us.
XOXO
Lilly, Piper, Carrleigh and Java
Lovely post! Think I must get myself a wheelie...no Vet's expenses and no transport issues.
Take care and lotsalicks
MAXDOG IN SOUTH AFRICA
Nothing stops a determined wheelie from going on big adventures.
Slobbers,
Mango
Yes Winston...let's just keep all that stress for the humans so we can keep enjoying life.
your cat pal,
Bruce:)
p.s. LOVE THIS POST!!!
Eric - you've outdone yourself with that sticker!
We think your learner's permit is 'da bomb! Have fun scooting around the countryside. It is quite beautiful there!
Congratulations on the permit! But, we prefer the sleigh. It has a certain aspect of romance to those of us in the Mid-South.
Hope the car difficulties are resolved (relatively) inexpensively.
Gussie N Teka
Sir Winston,
I am so glad that you are learning to navigate the Colorado roads! Momma went there one time on vacay and got all pukey. She wasn't sure if it was the curvy, hilly roads... or the altitude... or maybe she is just a wuss!
We sympathize with your humans' car troubles. We've all been there, and it's just a pain!
Thinking of you guys!!
xoxo
Pearl
Wow, Winston you go little wheelie. You must remember to take a licensed wheelie with you. You are very cute, and you must be very careful with those hawks about.
Sally Ann
Wow Winston you really do get around a lot! It must be very fun!
We hope the car troubles for your people are ok soon - we know how unfun that can be!
Mom is smiling and grinning after reading this one!
Thank woo fur THAT!
Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra
Deawest Winston
How I long to wide wif you in that bootiful sleigh..it's soo bootiful, but I don't think I would fit alas, heheh
Youw leawnew's pawmit fwom Ewic is so pawfect, now you can go anywhewe legally and see the wondews of youw new home.
Be caweful of othews on the woad..not evewyone is as wesponsible and caweful as you awe.
I am cwossing my paws that youw Moma's caw woes get solved soon
smoochie kisses
ASTA
Winston, it is so lovely to see you out and about! The new sled is not only great transportation but it is beautiful as well. You are, all in all, quite stylish! Poor Moma and NinaGirl, auto woes are the worst...they interrupt normal life, they tend to be costly, and they are time consuming...Hope the repairs are quick and inexpensive... and don't require a day-long commitment to hanging out in some waiting room getting buzzed on too much bad coffee. A sinful treat, a calming fire in the fireplace and cuddles are the Rx for tonight.
Now all you need are a couple of Sibes pulling that sleigh and you can go uphill as well.
P.S. - As an American, the two hardest things for me in driving in Australia were -
1) turning right in a round-a-bout.
2) Remembering which side of the steering wheel the turn signal was on so that I would not let everyone know I was turning by turning on the windshield wipers.
BowWowzer! That is a very cool sleigh. ANd with a license and everything. You're set!! Have fun in the snow now.
Smooches,
BabyRD and Hootie
Good evening TwoSpecialWires
It is attention for driving the car.
And, the car maintenance also ....
Running of the sled that hangs wax is light.
The flower in the cup and the jasmine are waited for if it walks into a house from things except the cold it.
Spring is impatient. early :)
from loved ume tyan
Winston, congrats on your new permit - way to go - and how lucky for you to be able to enjoy the snow we are missing. Tell your Girl if she has a bigger sled, we would be happy to pull her up and down that mountain.
Woos, Phantom and Thunder
Hi Winston
Well this driving on the wrong side of the road business can be a tad confusing, but nothing that a highly intelligent wheelie dog cannot manage I see.
As for those picture of you all wrapped up warm and cosy on the beautiful wooden sleigh, just priceless!
Cheers, H.
Winston, Winston...that sleigh is pawfect for you my dear...do you have bells on it? Those are a must!!
I do adore your hat...you wheelies are getting more and more fashionable...our Gilbert still has his ballet tutu on from Halloweeners...he said it keeps him warm?!?
Come lookie at this pic of Scruffman I put up on our bloggie...do ya think it looks a bit like Jakie??
Kisses to all...perhaps Nanagirlie could borrow the sled to get up the mountain?
Laciegirlie!!
Woohoo Foster Boy. Eric here! Still got a few days to keep to my New Years Resolution to be nice to pesky wheelies. Phew lucky you just SLID into that time slot. SLID..ha ha! Get it Winston? Verrry nice loco motions Foster in your lovely new sleigh. Hmm. Maybe I'll bring the zoomer over and tow you up the hills so you can glide back down then chauffer Nina girlie up the mountains and take Mom off for a pokey prod at the antique store. Better not come along with me then Winston, might get a price tag slapped on you. See, How's that for Being Nice? Uggghhhh. Gotta go. Need a lie down in a dark room.
Wiry love to you Foster kid. Eric xxx
Miss Enid here. Dearest Winston, your new transportation is wonderful but do please be careful when off road driving. I'm sure it gives you the greatest pleasure. It certainly did Mother and myself seeing you serene and sailing through the snow. But Winston one never knows what dangers lurk beneath the snow. Now shall I send you a safety belt for the sleigh to keep you safe? I'm concerned you may injure your patched nose if you go over a bumpity bump.
Poor Moma and Nina trials and tribulations with their cars. My wheels are cross threaded the costs are minimal.Warn them not to get in a car with Eric dear. They have only to remember what happend to the poor Basset ladies.
Fondest to you all Family over the big one. Miss Enid xxxx
So sorry about your car trouble. Love the sled!! I like the sled dog idea!!! Thats the way to go!!
Kiss the pups, Bambi & Fern
Post a Comment