We're still Here.
Quietly settling into January.
Enjoying our days.
Missing our Girl
(But she is ecstatic!)
Simple Pleasures
Are all we sometimes need
to make a Day feel Special.
Especially if we take time to reflect on them.
Here's One.
See for Yourself.
PJ
(Jake and Fergi's Rescue Angel)
Sent this Curious Box home with them
After their holiday stay.
A Christmas Gift.
And so much more.
Hmmm.
The canister says it's Primula Tea.
My moma
(It still seems strange to call her that.
I'm certainly older than she, you know.)
She got out the glass French press coffee jar.
I was dubious.
That contraption is for coffee.
Not tea.
I've learned that since making this my home.
Our Girl gently dropped in a pellet.
(We'll not mention what it reminded me of.)
PLOP
(Rather benign. Don't you agree?)
And she carefully poured in boiling water.
Ahhhhh
The rising steam.
(I moved closer)
It was Warm
Fragrant
Pleasant
So Cool
and
Sweet
(Oh My. I'm starting to sound like an American teen)
I quietly watched.
Transfixed.
Watching a transformation.
Here is the Product
Close up
I peered in
And waited
As the tea steeped
A lovely flower
opening in the midst of January
Just as the canister illustrated
Producing
a lovely afternoon tea
That soothed the Spirit
and awakened the Senses.
Life can be so Sweet
and so Easy.
If we just take the Time.
We did.
This Day.
It was Delightful.



33 comments:
We have seen pictures of those type of tea but never saw one open before - that is so cool! I hope it tasted as good as it looked!
I have never seen anything like that! And I agree about the simple pleasures- the beauty is in the tiny, silly, details of our days.
xoxo
pearl
Pinkie says she is ready for time out right now!
Yes! We love thosee, but muzzer says they are "special" so we don't get to do them every morning!
We are "special" too. We hope she reads this and opens those packages every morning!
gussie
We've never had that type of tea, but will be on the lookout for it - it looks delightful.
XOXO
Lilly, Piper, Carrleigh and Java
Oh wow we have never seen that before. Mum was most interested. Looks lovely.. Never seen the like.. Hope you enjoyed.. HUgs GJ x
I have some stuff like that at home I need to try. I love tea :)
How lovely, we have never seen anything like that!
As you say sometimes the simple things bring such pleasure!
We hope you enjoyed drinking it - our mum at the moment is into cranberry tea - she takes these strange notions!
love and kisses
Martha & bailey xxx
Agree with all of your words here! Yes, life is good and easy!
I wanted to let you know how nice it was to have you come over and help me celebrate my first birthday. I am sorry that it took me so long to visit back but the mom hasn't been very nice about working for me. I hope you had a great time.
How lovely! Mom smiled through your entire post!
We just love your pretty red boots, Winston!
Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch
Winston
I copuld almost smell the wawm , steamy fwagwance as the bootiful flowew gwew in youw pot..what a delightful way to wawm up an aftewnoon and savow the simple pleasoowes. I know that you appweciate all the little things that make life so vewy nice, if you just notice.
I think youw glasses awe most attwactive..Mommi and daddi weaw glasses too..Mommi says they help hide the bags undew eyes,..I have no idea what she means and you cewtainly have no bags undew youws.
I'm happy to see you all cozy and waw, in youw bootiful wap and socks
smoochie kisses to all of you(special ones to my sissie and bwuvvew!)
sof love
Asta
pee ess Mywna and Womy send you theiw love too
You always have the sweetest and nicest posts. That was just beautiful Bet it was fun to watch it happen live. We all need to learn to take the time to enjoy the sweetness of life.
Woos, Phantom and Thunder
My momma just ran off to see if she had any of that kind of tea around. It's really pretty. Did you get to taste it? I bet it smelled like the garden in springtime!
Mom loves that tea. We have several different flavors (each with a different flower). They are amazingly soothing to watch unfold and touch some precious memory of Spring that gives warmth. It is also astonishing to think that each bundle is handsewn by someone, somewhere just for the purpose of a ephemeral pleasure. Winston, you should enjoy the tea with lovely lavender shortbread...the combination is bliss.
That was furry furry khool!
Tank woo fur sharing that with us!
Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra & Khousin Merdie
Well I have never seen tea brewed like that, ours are little bage that don't do anything. I thought it might be a Triffid and jump out, I must stop watching daft films. Did it taste nice or are you all floating on a cloud.
If you and Fergi had been on my beach with us you could have run around.That is our dog beach all year we love it, well for me the summer is best.
Wonderful looking tea - remember seeing it being served in a smart Vancouver tea room, but never encountered it here in the UK, mores the pity.
Can't remember if I told you I have moved blogs - my new head office is here:-
http://blueslaststand.blogspot.com/
Love, pats & pets
Blue
What a wonderful way to spend some quiet time:)
That was a really uplifting post!- we could almost feel the heat off that jug.
Mom says thx for the email - have replied. Hope it gets to you.
Take care and love from us all,
C
This was just a lovely read this morning and my Mom would love flower tea, I just know that she would.
We are down for a big storm this weekend so we must go and get some things we need.
It was just SO good to hear from you!
Kisses,
Stella
I have never heard of tea that makes a flower in the hot water--so sweet. You learn things from bloggers eveyday!!!
Big kiss for the pups, Bambi & Fern
We got kinda scared when it bobbed to the top like that!! How cool is that though, we love it!!
Nothing like a warm cup of yummy smelling tea during these cold days. The fact that it is also an entertainment helps too.
Slobbers,
Mango
Ahhh Foster Boy. Still taking time to smell the flowers I see. Very pretty and tasty tea too. I have seen Mom with tea like that. Jasmine flowers. Magical.Indeed. Very special.Hope you enjoyed it with a nice rich tea biscuit which you gave a good dunkin'.
Wiry love your friend Eric xxxx
Thank dog I only have another week of being nice to you wheelies. That comment quite wore me out.HAAAAaaaaa!!!!
Wow!
That was like magic!
I liked it a lot to watch it open!
Like Bobby, we only have those white bags to make tea!
I hope you all are having a great weekend!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza
What a beautiful magical tea.....I had ta go get Gram....cause she is a tea drinker 'n she never heard of flowerin' tea.....we sure hope it tasted as good as it looked....
Great report.....
Dewey Dewster here...
I just shared some love with you...come by my blog & see what award I'm passing on to you.
your cat pal,
Bruce:)
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How neat is that? We have never sen that and ARchie just ran off to stela I mean get the car keys so he can get some..Love A+A
OMD...and ya got a facial outta it too...!!!!! Can't believe all those magic things could happen just from dropping one of those "things" in...
We're havin' a lot of trouble viewing your bloggie...it takes a long time to load and we don't know what is different bout it...
We're gonna get Bruvver to lookie at it and see...
Kisses dear ones...
Laciegirlie and her stoopid brothers
Hello! I am very fond of that tea! Just happens I was there to enjoy the sight of the lovely blooming tea with you! I miss you guys, have a wonderful week and don't miss me too much! :) Love you!
Hi Jake and Fergie,
Just dropped by to visit.
How are you and Mom doing?
Well my cmputer is not happy. Time to sart dinner.
Hugs, Fern
Very unusual tea you got there Winston. Now what is the story with driving on the other side of the road...crikey that sounds very dangerous to us matie.
Noah Willow Tess Lucy
What a cool video seeing the flower "bloom" right b4 our eyes! Mommy almosst bought a clear glass teapot Tuesday with the flowering tea ball with it.Now she absolutely has to!
xx-BabyRD and Hootie
Post a Comment