The past two days Fergi and I have experienced a new-found freedom.
Mom's been working away from home and she's been concerned about leaving Fergi in her crate,
since she (Fergi, not Mom) has a habit of spinning and spinning in it.
Usually I stay in "My Room" and Fergi stays (spins) in her "carriage."
But Mom was afraid Fergs would do damage to her incision or to her health, in general.
So ... Fergi's been left loose in the house.
And I've been left free with her - to supervise, of course.
That's been a first.
Mom trusted us, and her last words as she left the house were,
"Be good dogs. I'll be back."
The first day I stayed on the main level with Fergi. All went well (mostly.)
On the second day I ventured upstairs and made myself comfortable on the Girl's bed.
The Girl is 17. And she has a tendency to pick things up in spurts.
And to leave things out with frequency.
This particular day she left a small treasure on her bed.
Perhaps she left it just for me! She loves me, you know.
I recognized it as something similar to a collection of treasures she fusses with in her bathroom.
Girl stuff.
I'm always up for a new experience.
And, you know, boys will be boys.
Since the parent was away, this boy had a chance to play.
But I got caught. By the Girl. Who got home before the Mom.
Who me? What was I holding?
Oh, you mean this?
It's what? It's broken?
Oh, yeah. I guess it is.
The stuff inside is gone? Where is it?
No. I did NOT eat it.
What happened to it, then?
Ummmm.....
What did I do with it?
Well.....
Only my hairdresser knows for sure.
(And we won't mention what I did downstairs.)



25 comments:
Good luck in the not telling department! Everytime I don't want to get told on, I mostly do.
Hi Fergi! Are you better?
Kisses,
Stella
I hope you do not get in too much trouble. I think Fergi would be unhappy if she got to be free in the house and you had to be confined to quarters.
gussie d
Ha! That is funny! You got in trouble, huh? We know all about the girl-type teen humans. Gotta watch out for them. They are always testing us.
LOL! I pick up new things all the time too! It's fun to find new things just laying around isn't it? I'm glad it was broken before you found it or you would have been in big trouble!!
hehehe
your secret is safe with me.
hehe I know you broke it you big silly!
But I was trying to keep your secret.
ruff ruff
Teehee! Loved this post. And might we say that the eyeshadow shade is the perfect on for your coat. We're sure you looked smashing in it (and it in you!).
Fergie,
That's one impressive set of choppers you have there. Good for chompin', that's for sure.
R, J, B and D
Are you saying that thing is good for fur highlights?? Hmmmm.... my mom has some of those shades... maybe I should try it! Good job!
I wonder what did you do downstairs!!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza
Fergie
You awe faw too bootiful to need any impwovement, but I undestand the temptation to twy it out.
smoochi ekisses youw fellow booty hound
love
ASTA
Wow Jakey - I am not sure you are setting a good example for Fergie - Mocha Brown was so last year -Mustard Gold is so this season! Although Ginger is a good colour for Foxies any year.
My D calls me an anarchist - because I have little 'accidents' on the hall rug - it was made for the Queen's Coronation - and I always aim for that - but we wires aren't ones for tradition. Paddy has been very well behaved - I am trying to teach him otherwise...
Hope Fergie is feeling better - my TTouch has helped - I actually look forward to them -
Lots of licks
Sally and Paddy
Hello - my D would like me to point out that Mocha is a great colour any season - however generally it is best placed on the skin and not taken orally. She has never tried to eat one - so maybe she is wrong. By the way - she has a similar colour - and placed it in a secure location in case we get any ideas!!!!
Lots of licks
Sally and Paddy
Well it is always good to explore and perhaps the girl will learn to put things away!!!
We know how great it is to be left in the house and we think you did very very well. After all the bed and the sofa were still there - what is a little make up between friends.
love and kisses
Martha & Bailey xxxx
Mom says those very same words when she closes the door and leaves us only we're gated on the first floor! We always miss out on all the fun! Ya mean that stuff can be found on second floor, Jake?! hummmmmmm
Carol Usher's website is www.wooliedales.com
We're sorry we goofed on the link!
Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch
Hi Jake & Fergi! That is definitely a unique way of haircoloring, Jake!
To answer your question about PorkChop: He came to us with his wheels already on. He's a Steiff Airedale that was made somewhere around 1959 and he came to us from the Netherlands.
Aire-hugs,
Poppy, Penny & Patches
Er Jake, how to break this to you gently - that 'make-up' stuff is for girls. Human girls. Not male terriers. Oh and please don't anyone accuse me of pandering to gender and species stereotypes. You know I'm right!
Cheers, H.
PS I guess a toy poodle might get away with it, just...
Jake....better be careful going upstairs....we love to do it, but our huMom either gates us out or catches us in the act. We're glad you get to stay out while your Mom is away. Keep on being so good.
XOXO
Lilly, Piper, Carrleigh and Java
G'day pals,
Well you've certainly been busy. We havent had the pleasure of playing with makeup before. Looks like you enjoyed yourself hehe.
tailwags
Noah
Now Jake... you are already very handsome by yourself! Are you being influenced by that dude on American Idol who wore makeup? The media, I tell ya...
My momma used to crate me. She started letting me out in little spurts, and now I haven't seen my crate in years! I'm a good girl! I hope sweet Fergi has the same luck!
Mommy says it is a good way to learn to put stuff away - i eat everything - so everyone learns real fast to put stuff away.
Woodrow
Hahahha! I love the new coloring. It's fab! Isn't that what you do with blush? Anywhoo... I think u were very well behaved for being home alone. You can tell us the off camera stuff later.
Thanks for blogging by me. You two look like fun. That's just how WFT are- right?
Norwood
omdog lol!! woops!! That sure was a great post, glad you guys have your freedom but you have to protect it. You have to learn to hide the stuff you break, just asked Tanner. Please tell us what you did downstairs!!
Oooh HAAA!! A boy just HAS to try that make up stuff Jake. The eye colour is pawfect for your tan colouring.Good choice. Next see if you can get hold of a lippie gloss. I can vouch for it, make our black lippers look smashing and ready for some serious puckering up.
Yeah you did good Jake for your left alone time. I'm not even allowed upstairs....
Wiry wags, Eric xxx
How do we know wires don't like makeup unless we try it first? hee hee
And I see you have a Happy Tail like mine!
Happy Tails,
William Tell
Well if your Mum says "Be good" You just have to be good at something and you can obviously perform magic!
Molly and Taffy
Heheheh ...did it taste as good as it looked??
Licks and Wags
Tuffy and the Dog WOods Pack
Pee Ess: Thank you for sharing about Jake and his fear of storms. The Chief found that most helpful, she's been feeding Donny chicken treats - it's not much but at least he's eating something.
Post a Comment