We get comments about about our mild Temperaments all the time
and we take them as Compliments.
It's true that we're sorta exceptionally laid back
quiet calm mellow relaxed easy-going
Wire Fox Terriers.
We can't really offer a good Explanation as to why.
It may be our Nature
It may be our Environment
It may be our History
It may be that the TypicalTerrier in us
is gonna come out slowly
over Time
with daily Development of Trust and Confidence.
Really
It doesn't matter.
We are who We are
(and Moma loves Us so)
But
It's true
Our moma notices each and every little Change and new Behavior in Us
and mostly that's a Good Thing
('cause we get slathered in Attention and Cuddles when we do something new)
Which we do.
New.
On at least a weekly basis.
There's Jake.
The somewhat shy and still often intimidated
Gentle Fella.
Who loves virtually everyone
and
Who adores lying by the front door watching for Friends and Critters
Only to wag his tail and brighten his eyes.
Until this week.
When
Something captured his Attention
and he BOLTED down the passage
BARKING at the top of his lungs
PROTECTING his household
and
ALERTING Moma
(for the first time in the two plus years he's lived here)
that SOMETHING deserved attention.
(It was invisible. Moma never found it.)
Now
Mind you
He's only done that Once
but last night he did awaken in the middle of the Night
Growling at some SpookyOutsideNoise
Waking Moma and Being a WatchDog
(only to soon roll over and fall back into a sound restful Slumber)
OK
So
It's true
Moma had to help us reconstruct this Picture
(and it was honestly easy to do with the laser pointer ...
that will always provoke a good Run from Jake)
but here's a Visual
So you can better imagine the Scene
A wirey laid-back Boy in Action
With a VeryCuteHiney.
Then there's me
Fergi.
The still very cautious and easily threatened
Sweet Princess (blush)
Who loves her DogBed and Moma's BigBed
Those being the only places that anyone can approach me
For much loved Cuddles, Pets and Kisses.
As much as I love those places
and as comfortably and easily as I'll go to them in the daytime
I have a rather compulsive Routine at Night.
(Until last night)
I will only go to bed (on the BigBed ... where else?)
by first running (tail up and happy)
around the dining room table (always counterclockwise)
with Moma "chasing" me
Then
Bee-lining it to the Bed
Happy and Confident.
Moma has tried and tried to invite me up on the Bed otherwise
but I've refused
(Until last night.)
So
You've guessed it!
Last night I jumped right up there on the BigBed
Right in front of Moma
Before she even turned it down
and
I waited
Tail up and Happy
for my VerySpecialSpot
I'm not sure who was happier.
So
Like Jake
Moma tried to help me reconstruct the Scene.
She shooed me into the bedroom
with the temptation of Treats
and a BoyDogBrother on my heels.
She got Lucky
and captured a pic of my Bootie
and my flip flap flying doggie ears.
So see?
We do move
and rock and roll
Sometimes
and we shake our Booties
On Occasion.
Briefly
Fleetingly
Momentarily
and Happily
And in yet another way
We know
Life is SoVeryGood!





23 comments:
w00fs, to bad Moma didnt get those butt shots earlier, they wooda sure won Twinkies butt shot contest..
b safe,
~rocky
You write such beautiful words. I am so delighted to see every behavior that shows how confident and relaxed you are both becoming. Sometimes there are critters outside that only doggies know about and it is so important to let them know there is a guard dog on duty. And Jake is on it!
As for your bedtime. How much more relaxing to just dive into bed without getting all riled up running around the table.
Slobbers,
Mango
Oh, how we wish you lived closer to us - we would love to see you more often. Our Mom still thinks about how soft and cuddly you are.
XOXO
Lilly, Piper, Carrleigh and Ruairi
I make sure I do things to surprise my mom from time to time as well!
It is LOTS of fun!
Thanks fur sharing your fun times too!
Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra
Oh your mama must be so thrilled. Thats a big step Fergi (in more ways than one hehe).
You two are adorable and so shweet, just like us whaaa haaa haa haaa....errrr
Noah Willow Tess Lucy xx
Oh, you write so beautifully! That's what I do, jump on the bed before it's undone, and then refuse to move!
Your buddy,
Bocci
Did you hear a mousie, Jake? Do you want me to send Mitch over there and the two of you can hunt for it together? Just say the word and I'll box him up!
Love ya lots
Maggie
Wow, Fergie, you are very brave and you are doing great. I like to sleep on Mommies bed every night. Sometimes, I say it is my bed, but it really is Mommies' bed. I was so good to meet you, and I think you are perfect as you are. You can change, but I still think you are perfect as you are.
Sally Ann
It always gives us a special happy thrill to read of another step taken in the evolution of your "Fergie-ness" and "Jake-ness." We are so proud of you both for continuing to stretch and grow...and are glad to the bottom of our souls that you have such a nurturing environment and loving family to encourage you. Thanks for sharing your journey, because through your adventures we all gain a little something.
Yay!!Wooooowoooooww!! Can you hear me barking for you both? Hollering and a hooting with happiness?
Such huge BIG leaps of faith in your Moma dear square cousins.Showing her how you feel loved and safe. And then showing us too those perfect pictures of you both ..well a little wired. Know what? I'm SOOOOOO wagging proude of you both and Moma too.
Wiry love and smillions of square smackeroos. Eric xxx
Your story made us happy! We hope you destroy a stuffie or two next week.
kisses
gussie n teka
What awesome doggies you are!
Nubbin wiggles,
Oskar
Wow Jake and Fergie....yer makin' real progress.....it must be all the love and attention that ya get there in Col-ooo-rado......keep up the good work.....wires are supposed ta be wild and crazy....don't strive fer that but yer gettin' closer....great job....yer siree...
Dewey Dewtser here....
We are glad you are getting braver each day and learning how to enjoy life!
And yes, we were at Cherry Creek Park - we will have to have Mommy look into the one at Alameda and C470 - maybe we'll have to arrange a play date before it gets too cold!
Thanks for stopping by,
-Yoshi and Cody
Oh Jake and Fergi, what great actions shots showing your growing confidence!
Jake we know there have been alien spaceships hovering over blogland - did you see one in the garden. Humans can't see them but we are so proud of you alerting your momma.
Such confidence to run forward barking loudly - no cowering in the corner for you.
And Fergi, we think you will develop into a cheeky madam like our Martha.
First up on the bed indeed.....! Next thing you will be under the covers with your head on the pillow - will you still let your momma in?
Yes we think you will for the cuddles and kisses.
We are so happy seeing your journey into the future - no thoughts about the past......!
Only today and tomorrow for us all.
Leave history for the humans.
love you lots
Martha and Bailey xxxx
We are so glad that life is good for yoo two boys; yoo deserve it.
'Quiet, calm, mellow, relaxed, easy going'. All the things I am not. Are you SURE you are really fox terriers?
Oh, sorry, Gail is telling me that I need to learn to value diversity, and not just deal in stereotypes...
Toodle pip!
Bertie (who is eyeing that comfy bed very enviously).
You did very well helping your mama reconstruct the scenes and those booties are just too cute. Nose kisses and hugs.
I am wiggly waggly happy evewy time I heaw of anothew new way you show how happy, and bwave and comfowtable you awe wif youw Moma and youw home..youw confidence gwows each day as do the wondewful things you do. I'm so vewy pwoud to be youw sissie..the two of you will always keep youw sweetness and gentleness, but wif time, you awe showing youw tewwiew selves and making us so vewy vewy happy
smoochie kisses
ASTA youw vewy pwoud sissie
Sure is pawesome when you do things for the first time!
Your mom is happy to see you two doing it... and we are happy to know about it!
Happy Saturday!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza
Love your photos, your are laid back cus your mom is, you two always look so happy, you're in a good home there.
I have to say that first photo looks like you are playing piggy back with Fergi!!
See Yea George and a Sweet Kiss to you Fergi ;)xxx
cute booties! people think my pups sleep all the time since those are the pics I post. In reality, those are the easiest pics to get!
Kari
http://dogisgodinreverse.com/
Hi Jake! Hi Fergie! Wow it sounds like some interesting stuff has been going on there - we are very curious what it is that got Jake all excited. And you are both so cute in your pictures!!
Post a Comment