Saturday, October 2, 2010

Doing Our Part

Hi
It's me
Fergi

It's been a Special Day Today
and I'll admit we're a little late sharing about it.

It's  Day
02 October 10

And we've really tried to do Our Part
to Support
All the People
Friends and Family
and the Pups
and the Kitties, too
Who have suffered, and are suffering
and have even lost Their Lives
to cancer
(In our minds it's NOT a "big c".  It doesn't deserve to be a "big c")

We made our day special today
We've focused
and directed our Energy
on Prayers and Power
to find a Cure.

And we've tried to Spread the Word
with everyone we see.

And now that the day is coming to an end
We aren't done.

We're Reflecting
and Remembering
as we rest after our Walk.
(it's not a One Day Deal ... we've gotta keep our focus on a Cure.)


And we hope you will, too.

Love,
Fergi

and Jake.

In Memory of Chloe

and in Support and Honor of Olivia
(LivWell 'Liv)

26 Oct 10
A Very Sad Postscript.

Little Olivia lost her brave struggle against the cancer that ravaged her body
Today
at 2:00 PM EDT

We MUST battle on and find a Cure for this Horrible Disease.

Rest In Peace, Sweet Angel

27 comments:

Oskar said...

We loved your video & your whole post. I think it's cool that even us doggies can help too!

Nubbin wiggles,
Oskar

Bocci said...

Hey this is fabulous, Jake and Fergi. Parental Unit and I congratulate you on a beautiful post and video!

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

Beautiful, just beautiful. We wish we could share that swing with you too.

Woos ~ Phantom, Thunder, and Ciara

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

Furry well pawed Fergi!

I think woo and Jake did a pawesome job!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Gus said...

Very fine posting. Boy, you guys sure look relaxed on that swing. I think I might get seasick.

Thank you
gussie

Dewey Dewster said...

Gee Jake 'n Fergie.....we missed this program....but we did take part in "Stand up ta Cancer" cause we know lots of people who died from it or are sufferin' from it taday......we're prayin' fer a cure....'n hope it comes soon....

Dewey Dewster here....

Dexter said...

That was a wonderful post. Of course, your action movie was great too with many important thoughts.

Slobbers,
Mango

Scruffy, Lacie and Stanley's Place said...

Oh you two dears...Miss Fergi...I swear you get younger looking with every post...

We didn't get a post up today but we're in solidarity in yellow with you...and I totally love your bandannas....

That porch swing looks lovely...

We had a fabbers walk at the park today...where there are acorns, there must be rodents...Scruffy dug and dug....

Kisses dear ones and love to your mama and Nina Girlie!

Lacie Cakes!

White Dog Blog said...

We KNOW that one day soon all of our energies and efforts will bring about the really Big C...a Cure! (you are right, cancer doesn't deserve caps). We hope that we will be around to celebrate the complete eradication of this terrible monster that stalks and haunts all (two- and four-leggeds)and that another tear need not be shed over the senseless loss of a loved one. Thanks for speaking loud!

Minnie and Mack said...

That's a beautiful video and message that the two of you are sending. And yellow 'danas for pups is such a good idea. Keep up the good work.

Drools and licks,
Minnie and Mack

Sunshade said...

Wow.... very pawerful! Thank you for the wonderful post. The Evil-C must be conquered one day.

You two look very cozy, loved the video!

Love nibbles,
Miss Sunshade

The Thuglets said...

Wow..we loved your post especially the video!

The power of positive thoughts..lots from here.

Well done guys..have a great weekend!

Big Nose Pokes
The Thugletsx x

Milo and Alfie Marshall said...

Thank you from our hearts for supporting LIVESTRONG day by wearing yellow and spreading the word. We think your video is awesome ~ it made us smile and the message is awesome. We'd like to put a copy in a blog post next week if that's ok?

Blessings to all those who are currently fighting cancer, are cancer survivors, or who have lost their lives to this terrible disease.

LIVESTRONG always.

Love from Milo and Alfie, Mom-Jan and Dad xxxx

George The Lad said...

Oh I love you two, the video well it made mom go all soppy!! "pull yourself together mom" now you asked about the beer pulls, because its a one off barrel, dad made the pump clips, he's good at some things! I'll get him to make you two. You could use them as coasters they won't have the clips on the back. Just send me your addy
See Yea George xxx

Basset Human Slave! said...

Hi Jake and Fergi,
Such a lovely post and video - you made your point so very well whilst looking completely adorable at the same time.
We will never give up hope that a cure for cancer will be found - we have lost far too many friends - both human, canine and feline.
love you lots
Martha and Bailey xxxx
ps our mum has just started a blog of her progress with the dolls house - if you want a click!

Duke said...

What a wonderful post! We loved your porch swing video and you both look very handsome in your yellow bandanas.

Love ya lots
Maggie and Mitch

WFT Nobby said...

What a beautiful post. Thank you so much.
GAIL I WANT ONE OF THOSE SWINGS!
Toodle pip!
Bertie.
PS from Gail: believe me there are a lot of barking dogs in Winter's Bone!

Tucker said...

Hi from across the bridge! The "c" got to me, but I know there's got to be a even bigger "C"... as in the CURE... out there soon!!! Thank you for doing your part!

Maxmom said...

Hey there Jake and Fergie

Thank you for this beautiful post!
When I think of 'Live Strong', I think of the two of you, on top of that beautiful hill, showing Maxdog around!...You guys were so supportive of us during his illness and I will never forget that!
Thank you for being such beautiful people!
Sending lotsaluv to live strong and to live life to the Max.

MAXMOM IN SA

Anonymous said...

Loved the video... it was great. Your pictures are all fantastic. Love your blog too. Hugs and nose kisses from all at Mumsy's Critters.

Anonymous said...

Great post - thanks for joining in with us!

Asta said...

I am so pwoud of the two of you my sweet sissie and bwofuw
What a most bootiful post..Thewe wee no dwy eyes left when we wead and saw and by the time we got to dew Chloe and that bootiful little Liv. the pootew was slippewy wif teaws. We Will Find a Cuwe!!!! that is the Big C
I wish I could sit wif you in that lovely swing, wif the mountain fwagwances and shade.
I love you and youw kind, genewous heawts
smoochie kisses
ASTA sissie

Baby Rocket Dog and Hootie said...

This was really nice Jake & Fergie. Our (hooman)family has been hit with cancer for several generations and we pray for a day when it will STOP. (Both mommy and her son Teddy have had it too.) Live Strong.

Really liked your video too. You 2 are so mellow! Are you SuRe you are terriers? BOL.
Smooches,
BabyRD & Hootie

Piappies World said...

Hello there Jake and Fergie!

Thanks for sharing your post. We join you in this meaningful cause. Let's LiveStrong!

Love,
Piappies Fudgie, Princess, Frappie, Mocha, Sugar, Wai-Pai & Wai-Max

Casey B said...

Beautiful. Simply beautiful. Thank you for your video, boys.

animal lover, quilt lover said...

Hi Jake and Fergi,
That was a wonderful post. We live everyday of the year thinking abiut staying healthy. We have given up everything that is bad for us!!! Everything!!!!
I losted my Dad from lung cancer and I am a cancer survivor. So it is never far from mind.
I have lost animals from cancer too!!
XXOO, Bambi & Fern

Hailey said...

^5 and bravo to you both! This is a great post!

Hugs & smoochies! XOXO
Hailey