Thursday, July 28, 2011

Still More Adventures

We've been here more than a month now
and
Life has been Good
VeryGood

Even though it's been hotter than Blazes
and
We've had to try to get accustomed to MajorThunderboomers and DownPours
(There have been almost eleven inches of rain this month!)
We've had a chance to get to the beach and get our SugarWhitePaws in the SugarWhiteSand


It's a pretty LaidBackLife

With time to Sniff and Snort 

and
 Time to Snooze
(When we're not worrying about OurPeople who sometimes disappear under the water)

We're feeling pretty Lucky
Even though only small sections of the Beach are DogFriendly
(They just don't understand ... the People who make the Rules)

but

We follow the Rules
Begrudgingly

However

Seeing as how we LOVE the Beach

We're getting even Luckier!

Moma and AuntieJudith found a LittleResort for Dogs and TheirFamilies

It's on a QuietPart of the Beach
Close to our FavoriteDonutShop
Right on the Gulf
Only EightMiles from Gramma'sHouse

A PerfectPlace to watch the Seagulls and Sunsets
(Even if we still can't put our Paws in the Sand)

and

We agreed to take them along for a MonthLongVisit
Next Winter!

WooHooo!

We're already excited and are almost ready to start counting the days!



In the Meantime
We're finding OtherAdventures to keep us Active and Happy

Like a Walk in St Andrews State Park

Come On

Follow Me

And we'll follow Gramma and Bella and Zoƫ
for some RealExcitement

Seems Peaceful enough, Right?

A GoodVantagePoint

and
A QuietCalmInlandLake
(We dipped our VeryHotPaws at the edge, Fergi and I did ...
... Moma took no Pictures ...

and

That turns out to have been a VeryGoodThing

It seems Someone was lurking
(Look carefully ... do you see him?)

In case you couldn't see, we'll zoom in a little bit
(Can ya see him yet?)

He could see Us
and
He was watching

but
not
for 
long

'cause 
Moma swept us up in her Arms
Took us back to the Trail
and 
We hightailed it OuttaThere!

One thing we are NOT
is AlligatorBait
NoWay
NoHow
Never

Anyhow

From what we hear
Pretty soon we'll be Hightailing it outta Florida

We've been seeing Piles growing
and
Treats being bagged

We think AnotherRoadTrip is in the VeryNearFuture
(Which means we may be in absentia again ... but we'll be back ... we promise
We don't think there are any DogEatingAlligators where we'll be going!)

We love ya,
Jake and Fergi

20 comments:

WFT Nobby said...

Wow you had a close shave there with the dog-eating alligator. Better stick to that beautiful beach in future. (It may not all all dog friendly, but for sure a lot dog-friendlier than an alligator...)
Great to hear from you guys.
Enjoy the road trip.
Toodle pip!
Bertie.

Eubie said...

Ciao!It's always nice to see cousins have fun on the beach!I'm on vacation right now, I add your blog to mine, I'm newbie and blogger.I like to make new friends!

Rudy said...

Whoa!! As soon as we saw that lake mom said "alligator". So glad your mom was able to swoop you two up quickly and get out there. Looks like you had a grand time in Florida. Have a safe trip home. I know Ninagirl will be excited to see you all!
Love,
Rudy

Jake of Florida said...

We've heard it said that most every body of water in our fair state has a gator in it... not good news for us doggie types!

That resort for dogs and their families looks interesting. Perhaps next year mom and dogdad will drive up with us to visit.

Be safe and have a fun trip home! (Hello from mom to grandma and Judith!)

Wirey woofs,

Jake and Just Harry

Kari in Alaska said...

You guys look like youve found a bit of doggie heaven

KAri
http://dogisgodinreverse.com

Duke said...

Your white sandy beach is just beautiful and looks soooooooooooo relaxing! We're glad you hightailed it quickly from that nasty alligator!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

Deefor said...

You are sooo lucky to be at the beach. What a grrreat vacation for humans and doggies. Glad you got away from that scary thing in the lake.

Deefor

Oskar said...

Whew, that was a close one! That alligator was lookin' at you like your names were Lunch &Dinner!

Nubbin wiggles,
Oskar

White Dog Blog said...

It is wonderful that your deliciously marvelous summer will continue this winter! Everyone looks so refreshed and calm and happy...except for the Alligator Moment which seemed a little scary! Glad that is past!

The Daily Pip said...

What a beautiful place to visit - gosh, that white sand and lovely blue water look like heaven. I love the water - though I have never visited the ocean, only the great lakes.

Stay away from that alligator! Gators are very scary.

Your pal, Pip

Shawn said...

From your posts, I have been privileged to get a glimpse of your glorious vacation.

Now, when it cones to alligators, I would hightail it out of there! In fact, improbably would have run screaming all the way back to Colorado!

Have a safe trip,

Shawn, Chloe, Cecil and Winston

Dexter said...

What a lovely holiday.

Slobbers,
Mango

Bobby said...

It all looks so beautiful, you two look like you are having a great time. The Alligator is very scary.
We are glad we do not have them, Pip would have been ate by now.

animal lover, quilt lover said...

Hope you all have a real good trip home and tell Nina Hi from me and what is coming Tinker.
Stay tuned for pictures Tuesday or Wednesday!!
XX, Fern

Sally Ann and Andy said...

Wow, that reptile encounter was fun. I am glad you are safe now. If y'all are comming up throught Atlanta, it would be great to see you again. If you aren't that is ok to.
Sally Ann

rottrover said...

What a beautiful part of the world! Glad your mom spotted that 'gator!!

Safe travels!!

-Gizmo, bart and Ruby

Shane Kent Louis said...

wow! I was totally amazed to the place! I hope I will go there too! your very lucky to your mom! You really look enjoyed that place! thanks for sharing..^_^

Dog Fence

William Tell said...

I'm telling ya, I 'bout lost it when I saw that gator floating near the bank. It would make short work of a little doggie like us. Okay, Mom just X'd that part of Florida off our vacation list. She can't run fast enough to get away from a gator!

Other than that, it looks like a fun place to dig a hole. Lots of white sand. Just don't put any footsies in the water. Gotcha.

Happy Tails,
William Tell

Nic said...

You are two gorgeous dogs! It's so good to hear and see that you're enjoying life now - it certainly looks like you're having fun and getting up to lots of mischief!

I've just given you a Liebster Blog Award :D it's well deserved! Enjoy the rest of your weekend! http://betweenthelines--bookre​views.blogspot.com/2011/08/mus​t-be-award-season.html

Asta said...

Dawling sissie Fewgie
Whewe awe you?
I just saw that yestewday was youw Gotcha Day and I wanted to come celbwate wif you, but you've been gone fuw evew..it makes me sad. you havent come to see me ow my bloggie fow ages..I love you and hope you awe celebwating wif Jake and youw Moma
I'm so vewy glad that you gotted them as youw family.
Smoochie kisses
ASTA