Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Morning Inspection

It's the morning after.
Yesterday was the big hail storm.
We slept all night with no boomers to wake us.

Patiently, sort of, we wait for our people.

We're ready to go inspect the damage.

The first words we always hear when we first go out every morning are,
"Go potty in the rocks."
And this is the first thing we saw when we turned the corner by the side of the house.

The bush above the poor little Lazy Susan took a beating, too.
(Some of these biggify. Others don't. This one does. We don't know why. )
Lots of the flowers got hit.
Including Moma's only rose.
(The deer ate the rest.)


Leaves were down from the trees.
They were already starting to get crunchy.
(That's how dry our climate is.)
This one biggifies. You can almost hear Fergi in the leaves.
The Russian Olive trees took it the hardest.
We searched for edibles.
(Notice Fergi's tail! You can catch a glimpse of it part way up.
She didn't know Moma was taking this picture.)
But we decided to leave them for the crows.

Instead we came home to our own breakfast.
On the deck. In the sun.

With Rocky Ford (Farmers' Market) cantaloupe on the menu.

Not a bad way to start the day, wouldn't you say?
(This picture is worth zoomin' in on. I've got a pretty impressive tongue.)

If we're lucky, an occasional treat or two might find its way into our deck-side bowl during the day.
Awwww. We're happy again.

Fergi's editorial comment:
"I'm happy, if Moma'd only leave that camera on the counter."

Fergi's additional comment:
"Thanks, everybloggie, for welcoming my Farfel to blogland.
He's told me he's happy to be here and loves all the comments and all the doggies.
But he appears to be taking an extended nap right now.
It's a terrier characteristic, I guess.
I'll try to wake him up.
Or Lacie will."

21 comments:

Woodrow, Luna, MJ Campanella said...

sorry about all your plants - bad weather stinks - but we need the rain i guess

what a great breakfast melon

Woodrow - Sweetie - MJ

Gus said...

Miamm Miammm (that is Swiss for Yummy, y'all know?) that can't elope looks soooo good.

Gussie

Maxmom said...

Awwwwe...we are so sorry about your shrubs and flowers:(!
never mind - they'll grow again.

We must say that you guys have an awesome view from your deck, and those doggie bowls - really stunning! Mom loves that idea of putting treats in the food bowl during the day.

You know, we haven't had much experience with wire-haired terriers, but you guys are really gorgeous! Mom just wants to put her hands in your fur and scrunch it up (softly). Please ask Mom to give you two a cuddle from us.

Lots of licks
MAXDOG IN SOUTH AFRICA

Faya said...

I am so sorry for your garden....it is so sad.
Your breakfast looks very miam miam !!!!
Kisses from Switzerland, Faya

Hamish Westie said...

Looks like that was a really impressive storm. How big were the hailstones?
Cheers, H.

Rocky Creek Scotties and Rocky Creek Ramblings said...

We know that Rocky Creek, ummm Rocky Ford cantaloupe must really be good.

And Fergi we were so happy to finally meet your Farfel.

Have a wonderful evening - we have rain now but no boomers, just rumblers.

XOXO
Lilly, Piper, Carrleigh and Java

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

Woo two did such a great job inspekhting the weather damage!

Tank woo fur sharing!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Asta said...

I'm so glad you made it thwough the stowm wifout too much damage and feaw.
sowwy fow the pwetty flowews,bushes and twees taking such a beating.
I loved seeing Fewgie's tails up a little and of couwse hew gowgeous spots.
Jake you tongue is gweat..a pawfaect scoop fow the yummielicious can't elope.
Bweakfast on the deck..I wish I could do that.
I love the two of you wunning wif youw nina Giwl and getting hew tangled,hehehehe
smoochie kisses fwom sweltewing manhattan(not my favowite momf to be hewe) thewe's lots to do, but too hot to do it
love fwom youw sissie
ASTA

Duke said...

We so sorry about your plants and trees! Storms can be so damaging!
Guess what? We had cantaloupe today too but mom cut the rind off of our pieces!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

Agatha and Archie said...

WEll we are glad it was not too too bad......Listen we like the way you guys get breakfast in such a lovely place and such yummy treats as well..We have an idea...maybe we can come for like I don't know an EXTENDED visit....THen we could really teach you earthdog tricks and stuff.. just a thought Love A+A

Koobuss said...

What a shame to see all that damage from the hail storm.

But boy, breakfast sure looks good!

Love and Koobuss Kisses,
Koobie

Sally Ann and Andy said...

Your flowers took a beating. I sorry about the rose. Your breakfast looks yummy.
Sally Ann

ScrapsofMe said...

Nummers....Can't elope! One of my fave snackies! That was some storm you had yesterday....we had some hail today but just a teensy bit and it's so hot it melted right away.

Bonnie

Stella said...

UH, do you mean to say that Farfel is living with Lacie?? THEE Lacie that I hear so much about?

Are you a little nervous about that, Fergi?

Maybe its a different one, maybe.

Kisses,
Stella

Lorenza said...

Hail was not very nice!
I have seen it only once and it was scary!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Martha said...

That was a very nasty storm - lets hope your plants recover!
Breakfast on the deck sounded lovely!
We are told to go potty on the stones too but of course we prefer to kill the grass!!!!!
Have a lovely day - you two looked mega cute sitting in the hall waiting........
love
Martha & Bailey xxxx

hkairedalespack said...

Sorry about the hail storm hitting the plants. Mommy and I have gotten caught outside in a few storms and ended up ducking under trees. Hail hurts!
Hugs, Miley

Simply Simon said...

Hello wire head Fox Terriers...
Mum thinks you are beautiful! She had a short haired Fox Terrier friend when she was little and thought he was the most wonderful person in her life!!

So I think I, Musole, and Cody, Jackie and Misty, will be stepping back a moment as Mum goes down memory lane remembering her very precious Spot!

Have fun!
Musole.

Two Schnauzers from New England said...

Hi, Fergi and Jake -

We really like the first picture of the two of you. We can't tell who is sitting like a "frog" but Kaci likes to do that. I (Hershey) don't do that at all.

Love -

Hershey and Kaci

Inky and Molly said...

Breakfast with a view, how lovely!

Farfel said...

Dining alfresco!!!! If only I was there with you!!!!! Yes Jake, you do have an impressive tongue!!!! Hopefully my extended nap is over....and things will work smooooooothly :)