It's gotta be a message!
It's time to blog! It has been toooo long!
You tell us,
"Life is like a rainbow. We need both the sun and the rain to make its colors appear."
OK. So life's had its little storms recently.
Finals. Upset bellies. Wisdom teeth extractions.
TOO MUCH THUNDER!
But the sun's been out, too!
I've had a birthday, for gosh's sake!
Granted, it wasn't quite celebrated the same way as Fergi's was,
but it was still MY BIRTHDAY!
AND THAT'S IMPORTANT!
I was 4 years old and I deserve to tell about it.
All about it.
It took over a week to celebrate it, so I should have the liberty to take as long as necessary to blog about it.
OK?
(Do you even remember? It's been so doggone long ago that we started celebrating!)
The weather wasn't the greatest on that VERY SPECIAL DAY
(It was ages ago ... on May 26.
Ummmm. I hate to remind you, but the last time Mom let us post was the day before. On the 25th.)
Thanks to my VSB (very sensitive belly) we forewent (how's that for a new word!?) a party for a short adventure.
First stop. Red Rocks Park. Just about four miles from our home.
A brief little hike couldn't be THAT bad on the VSB.
Plus, it made me feel like the king of the mountain.
Any guy deserves that on his barkday.
(We WILL come back when the light is good.
This is a really GREAT place for a good hike.
And there's a lot of cool history here, too.)
Back in the car. A drive up the road to an awesome view looking west down the interstate.
Not too impressive this day?
Too cloudy?
Just you wait!
We'll be back!
Back in the car.
"Let's go shopping," the Girl says.
(It's not HER birthday, but she knows I love to do anything she likes to do.)
Back to civilization.
Wow! This could be good!
(Stanley: is that ball big enough for you?)
Hey!
Is there food? My VSB is hungry!
No food? How about art?
(I'm feeling pretty small about now.)
Anybody home?
Can we come in?
The Girl sees a shoe!
Hey! Fergi! Whattya doing? Come look!
(She was too busy. Enjoying the flowers.)
Up close and personal. That's Fergi.
(She's so delicate and feminine. Just smells them. I'd probably try to eat them. Or at least dig 'em up.)
That's a girl for you!
Me? I liked the big, dirty, yellow machine in the parking lot.
Closer! I wanted to move closer!
Even if it did intimidate me just a little.
(That was one big pooper scooper.)
Speaking of VSBs and pooper scoopers,
We decided it was time to go home.
We could wait for the party.
(They've never let me down. I knew it'd happen eventually.)



14 comments:
What a fun day you guys had! I spent my day in my crate waiting for HER to come home. Maybe later this summer I can come visit and we can do the trip together.
Zoe..
Looks like a great birthday adventure. But I wouldn't like to meet the dog who needed that particular pooper scooper!
Cheers, H.
Oh and by the way, don't complain about the weather, the view down the interstate would almost count as a sunny day in Scotland!
WOW - you have been really busy - great photos - and looks like lots of fun
woodrow sweetie mj
Happy Birfday!! Looks like you got some cool places to hang out at in yer neck of the woods!
Feather, Darla, Pappy & LizzaBella ^..^
Happy Birthday - and we're glad you got your secretary up and going - we were beginning to get worried about you.
XOXO
Lilly, Piper, Carrleigh and Java
Wow, how cool is that Red Rocks place! You must be the King of the Mountain Jake, you look so at home perched up there. Was the view good from there? Not sure that I would like it - might need that giant poopers scooper! Can't wait to hear about your pawty.Hope you were spoilt rotten!
Wiry loves and kissies, Eric xxxx
Hi friends!!!!!
* Pearl waves her little puggy paw *
Jake, happy late birthday! I can't believe I missed it! That day is also my pawrents wedding anniversary- now I'll never forget your birthday!
Can't wait to hear more about your fun day! Fergi looked so lovely by those flowers.
Hi Guys, we just posted and the it said there had been an error bo hoo!
Anyway Happy Belated Barkday Jake - we have missed you both and glad to see something of your day.
That looked a really interesting place with the red rock and also the formations looked interesting.
You certainly looked like King of the Mountain in your picture - we guess because you are 4 now - that is such a good age for a dog!
We are glad you saw the rainbow and stopped to do your blog.
We are sorry about the VSB but hope you didnt need the gigantic pooper scooper!
love
Martha & Bailey xxx
Tank woo fur sharing your adventures!
Happy 'All that happened since woo last posted' Day to WOO!
Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra
PeeEssWoo: I bet that pooper skhooper would be good fur Mango!
Happy Birthday Jake!
Looks like you had a pawesome adventure!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza
GUESS WHAT!!! We are the same age(well we will be four next week!!)HAPPY BIRHTDAY!!!! That Red Rock place looks fabulous. I am afraid Archie fainted when he saw that giant pooper scooper as it looked too much like a snow plow( he had a TERRIBLE scare from them this winter) It looks like you had a great day!! We are soo happy! Love and kiises A+A
Happy Happy Birthday, Jakie!
Looks to me like you had yourself a good time with your girl. I think those red rocks look like a great place to explore and climb. You and Fergi are two lucky pups to live so close to that bootiful place!
My girl just told me we might get to meet!! I would love to see you snout-to-snout and maybe get a chance to snuggle Ms. Fergi. (Please tell her I'll do whatever SHE wants to do. No need to worry about me.) I hope it works out because from what Stanley tells me it's a BLAST to meet blog buds.
Please give your girl extra goobery smooches from me & Stanley for her teeth of wisdom. Maybe I will have a chance to give her some of those in person!
Goobery love & kissies to all of you at your house,
Stella Bean Latifah
Pee S
That ball you found at the mall SHOULD be big enough for big hairy STanley, but you never know.
Happy birthday, Jake! It looks like you had an awesome day to us!
Your pictures are just BEAUTIFUL!
Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch
These pics are great! Looks like the best time.
XXOO-BRD & Hootie
Post a Comment