Sunday, June 28, 2009

Beach Buddies


We've been here for quite a few days now and we're becoming quite the northern Floridians.
We're easing into a new schedule (we don't do anything too quickly here - that would make us pant and sweat and that's not a good thing.)
We're up early to walk. Otherwise it's too hot.

(This is the one thing that is putting a cramp on my lifestyle. 
I LOVE to sleep in in the mornings.)

Our days are leisurely (much spent under the gentle ceiling fans).
Our evenings are spent with long walks at dusk through the neighborhood
or trips to the beach to watch the sunsets.

We're likin' this lifestyle (even if we're not crazy about the heat.)

We're making new acquaintances, which is always fun.
I'm always on the lookout for new pals, social creature that I am.
The beach is the perfect spot for dog-watching.


Our cousin Zoë (she lives here - she's a "local") often goes with us to the beach.
She's introducing us to this type of southern living.
(She's the beautiful whippet.)

On our first visit, Zoë met some doggie that we didn't recognize (and he made us feel a little afraid.)
She made friends, though. And she gave us confidence to do the same thing.
 

I noticed another handsome (rather pretty, really) little guy on the beach.
Couldn't quite keep my eyes off him.


I managed to pull Moma closer


so I could meet him appropriately.
 

A little Yorkie. Found out his name was Jack.  And that he was born over the big pee to the east.
He was rehomed, just like Fergi and I were. (Woo hoo!)
Then he and his people made a long trip (didn't think to ask if it was Aire Ruby) with a bagful of belongings.
He's a beach dog now.  A local. And a cute one, at that.


I think he liked me. I think his people liked me too.  I liked their pats and ear scritches.


He was a sweetie and let Fergi ease in a bit for a long distance sniff.


We're hoping we meet up with Jack again.
His people were really nice. They used to live about 70 miles north of London.
Wonder if they ever caught a sniff of our UK friends?

We forgot to ask if he'd ever met Eric or even Hamish or a coupla cute bassets or a pack of beautiful beagles way up north.
We know the UK is a big place.  Still, our friends are famous. Some of them are even royals.
We think everyone should know them.

We also forgot to ask about Jack's fancy short cut.
(Gramma was curious when we got home. We're thinkin a new "do" 
may be under consideration for our Cousin Chloe.)


I kept looking south.  Over the water. I heard Moma say that water reaches all the way
to the Yucatan Peninsula.  
Mexico.
We've got a friend in that part of the world.  


We thought for a bit we'd found her.
A Lorenza-girl!  Minus a pretty dress.


But we think "she" was a bit offended when we found out "she" was (is) a "he"
and his name is Snappy?  Scrappy? From Asheville, North Carolina.  
(Oh dear.  The heat got to our brains again.  Memory loss.)
He was a cute little bugger and the humines had fun talking
while we sniffed each other (rather, I sniffed him.)
I may have put him off just a bit.


Meanwhile, Fergi was looking for new experiences of her own.
 
And she found them in the very friendly, very gentle people who understood how far a loving touch can go.
New friends come in all forms.
Just like new experiences come in lots of different packages.
There was even a TRUCK on the beach!  It had to have been ordered just for me!


We're loving this.  Especially the sunsets.
This summer sort of fun is just fine with us.


7 comments:

Lorenza said...

I wish it was me there meeting you two!
Sure you are having a great time with a very nice routine everyday!
Thanks for sharing all those pictures!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Karen Raye and Bentley Beargrass said...

What a wonderful vacation ya'll are having. Enjoy!

Martha said...

Mmmm well we are not so sure that Scrappy would have suited the dress as well as Lorenza!
Great to see you having such a nice leisurely holiday and making new friends.
We enjoyed your pictures - our humans are keen to be on holiday now!
love and kisses
Martha & Bailey xxx

Gus said...

That is certainly looking like a lovely beach, with lots of people to admire the wires! We hope you are storing up lots of warm memories for your winter at home. Be safe.

gussie

Rocky Creek Scotties and Rocky Creek Ramblings said...

We're so glad you guys are having so much fun. We love the pictures, especially the last one of you and the sunset.

XOXO
Lilly, Piper, Carrleigh and Java

Asta said...

Dawling Fewgie and Jake

I'm sowwy I'm so late again..I love all youw pictoowes..that sand is soo white and fine looking and I especially love the sunsets..I think I would like the passegiata in the evenings best..It's a lovely time to meet new fwiends..I'm so lgad you'we meeting such nice pups and hoomans.loving scwitchies and sweet wowds make days so much bettew.
you bof look totally at home..I hope you'we dwinking plenty of cool watew and welaxing undew that fan and dweaming sweet dweams
smoochie kisses
ASTa

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

Except fur the heat and the sun, it looks like fun!

Tank woo fur sharing!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra