Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Thanks are in Order

Wow!  What a huge and overwhelmingly warm welcome we've received from so many dogs and their people!  We want to thank everyone who has stopped by, written comments and notes in our Bark Box, emailed us with pointers, led us to good websites, let other dogs and their people know about us, and, most of all, supported our stories. We are looking forward to getting to know you, and to sharing not only our histories, but the fun and antics, joys and tears of our day-to-day lives.

By the way, it was our Aunt Judith who got us started with this.  She and her whippet, Zoë, had begun a doggie blog a while back, and recently decided to resurrect it, seeing what fun this is and how many new friends we are making.  We've led them to Dogs With Blogs (thanks to all of you who mentioned that site!) and ideas for searches for whippets and other sight-hounds. But, seeing as how we are Zoë's cousins and we're terriers, some terrier (and other) friends for them wouldn't be a bad thing!  You might want to stop by Snippets From a Whippet and meet them.  I know it'd make them happy!

So, if you've read our earlier beginning blogs,  you are getting an idea of who we are and where we've come from.  Fergi wants to give Jake a chance to tell his story, and like lots of  "first-borns" (even though he is actually Mom's third wire), the story is longer and with lots more pictures.  We'll probably share the attention a little, back and forth.  Several of you have asked about Fergi's love, Farfel: the Only Airedale in the Village.  We can wait too long to let you know more about him!  But first, soon to come.... the beginning of Jake's First Three Years.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

You two are so cute in that photo. Mommy's parents had a WFT before me - I have her name as one of my middle names. She was a real sweetie and I get to sleep in her old bed when I go visit Granny.

I'm so glad you've made so many friends so quickly! You'll be dashing around the world to parties and special events before you know it. We'll be sure to visit Zoe, too. The more the merrier, says this terrier!

Your pal,

Petey

Eric said...

Aw pals.I'm wondering how it's possible but you both look cuter than ever in your new photo. I'm really wagging you have so many new pals new over and visit you. You'll have such fun. DWB is a wonderful caring and fun community as you will find out.I'm beyond pleased I was able to help you. I'll put a link on my next post as I'm sure others will too.

Talking of posts, not the pee on sort,hehee!! Have a squint as this link then you'll know why I'm square and you are too!!! SQUARE is good!

http://asquaredogsblog.blogspot.com/2008/10/pavement-artiste.html

Take a visit to my pupcake Toffee when her Mom is back home next week if you have time.She is the woof of my life and and her Mom is super special.

I'm looking forward to knowing all about Jake and Fergie's aireboy!

Wiry wags, Eric

Asta said...

Good Mowning Jake and Fewgie
You bof look exceptionally bootiful (I mean Handsome, Jake) in that pictoowe.
I'm thwilled that you've made so many fwiends aweady. We'll go visit Zoe wight away. Love to make new fwiends. Way back when I stawted blogging, I spoke to no one fow about a momf..woofing in the windewness, hehehe. Now I'm having a hawd time keeping up.
Can't wait to heaw mowe of youw stowies and see mowe pictoowes of youw new happy lives
smoochie kisses
ASTA

Patience-please said...

Thank you for your *LOVELY* comments on my blog. Lovely.

Joe Stains said...

Nice to meet you guys, Mom has been sick so we finally got over here to say hello!

Jackson's J1 and J2 said...

Hey pals, what a great photo! Can't wait to hear more about your stories and also about Farfel...J x