Saturday, January 22, 2011

Looking Up

First, the Good News

Bella is now officially a Member of our (extended) Family

and

Everyone is really happy about that.

She's the perfect little dog to fill a big hole in Granmoma's Heart
and 
We all love her
(and she seems to love us, too)

And more Good News

Since she's landed in our Family
She's been assured that she'll get whatever it takes
to get her Healthy, Happy and Strong

A little History:
Bella came home last Friday afternoon ... bouncing and playful
Saturday late afternoon she went to the Vettie for a good CheckUp
at the VeryNice AnimalCareCenter

The staff there knows Granmoma VERY well

and
They are VeryNice.

Well

Bella got a Clean Bill of Health
and
An Appointment to be Spayed

Then
Saturday evening she started to dive
Fast and Deep

Sunday she went back to the Vettie

Sneezing, Occasionally Coughing
Running a Fever
Not Eating and doing nothing but Lying Around

An Hour Later
All 14.9 pounds of her
Came home on Antibiotics

Then
This past Wednesday
(When her VeryNiceVet was back in the office)
She went back
(This time it was all 14.2 pounds of her)

She'd not eaten more than a VeryFewNibbles
and
She hadn't made much Progress

Wednesday night she spent the night in the Hospital
Where she got a Battery of Tests

A Respiratory Panel was sent to South Florida
to try to figure out just what NastyBug she (and several other doggies) have
and
Some chest x-rays confirmed Pneumonia


While there Bella got Lots of Food (some syringed)
and
Two "Spa Treatments"
(Nebulizations)

(That's not Bella ... it's some NiceDoggie that modeled for the Manufacturer)

Thursday afternoon she got to come Home
Back her new Moma's Arms
On Antibiotics
a High Calorie Diet
and
Orders for Return Visits to the Clinic for more Spa Treatments

In the meanwhile
Fergi and I got to make our own Visit the the AnimalCareCenter
for Booster Vaccinations
and Bordetella Snorts
(Of course I charmed them)

and we got
VerySpecificOrders to Practice VeryGoodHygieneHabits
and
Separation of the Dogs

(That made us sad ... but we all want to stay healthy)
(It's worth it)

We're doing our Best
Trying not to Complain
and
Really
It's going pretty well.

Bella is eating (and hopefully gaining weight ... Lucky Girl!)
She's playing again, a little
Her tail wags again, sometimes
and
She DEFINITELY knows who her new Moma is
(They are VERY attached)

As for Us?

Well

Moma is like a Hawk

Watching us VeryVeryClosely
and
Noticing EverySneeze and EverySnort

We are Sneezing and Snorting
Sometimes

but

We don't have Fevers
We're eating Really Well
(Fergi ALWAYS eats well ... and I'm giving it my Best Try
just to please Moma)
and
Mostly
Our Tails are Up

(Same with Zoƫ ... who is in isolation at her Home)

Moma thinks that our VeryStrongImmuneSystems
Must be fighting this UglyBug

So Far
So Good

Now
To lighten this up a little

I brought out a few Smiles at the Clinic

It turns out this VeryNiceVeterinaryOffice
Has some VeryNiceArtwork

and
After close (and prolonged) Scrutiny
I gave it my TopSeal of Approval


Those were VeryCute Puppy and Kitty Pictures

I loved them BOTH a lot
(You should've seen me sitting on the floor
Staring at them for at least five minutes
First One, then the Other
Before I finally climbed up on the bench for a Closer Look
and
a Good Sniff

I think there is a New Career in My Future
Animal Art Aficionado and Critic

It's clear that I have very specific and discriminating Tastes.

I detested those Modern Art Sculptures this summer in New Hampshire

(They scared me and I didn't want to get close)


But I loved the Cute Puppy and Kitty Pictures at the Vets'

It'll make going back something to look forward to
in the Event I have to Return
(We're hoping that won't be the Case)

So

There

We've brought you up-to-date
As of Saturday night

Thank you Thank you Thank you
for all of the Support and Understanding

We'll say it again
It is sooo worth it

Bella is Family
and
We Love Her

SomeDay ... Hopefully Soon
This is all Gonna be History

xx
Jake (and Fergs)


14 comments:

White Dog Blog said...

We so understand because we have sickies at our house, too! The medicine is helping, just like we are sure it is Bella, OUR momma is being very careful, too, and takes even sneezes seriously. We know you will all get healthy soon, but still we send healing thoughts, positive energy, and lots of love...to you all.

Susan said...

Bella is a very lucky girl to have found your family! hoping she is 100% better really soon!

The Daily Pip said...

My paws are crossed so tightly for Bella I might just fall over. Sounds like she is just a little bigger than me (I'm 11 pounds). We little dogs have HUGE hearts and lots of spirit and I know Bella is going to beat this nasty bug.

Thanks for your nice email last night. Please keep me posted!

Your pal, Pip

Oskar said...

We are so happy the she and granmoma found each other & that she is getting such loving care.

Nubbin wiggles,
Oskar

Duke said...

Our paws are crossed that Bella keeps getting better and better! We love the picture of her in your granmoma's arms!
We like the pretty artwork of the puppy and the kitty too, Jake!

Love ya lots
Maggie and Mitch

Princess Patches said...

Bella has landed in a great furever home! We know your grandmoma and Bella will take great care of each other! We are sending lots of healing Aire-zen!

Aire-hugs,
Penny & Patches

Rocky Creek Scotties and Rocky Creek Ramblings said...

We've all had our paws crossed that Bella would get well - we know that your sweet Granmama has had a lot to deal with, emotion wise with her dogs - we are so happy that you are there to be with her.

XOXO
Lilly, Piper, Carrleigh and Ruairi

WFT Nobby said...

Oh we are so hoping that Bella recovers fully, and that Jake and Fergi stay healthy.
We know they are in the finest hands.
Toodle pip!
Bertie. (And Gail).

Gus said...

we are keeping paws and eyes crossed here hoping that you two do not have Bella's Bug, and that everyone is feeling better soon,

Kisses
gussie n teka

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

All paws crossed for Bella to be better soon, and for Jake and Fergi to stay healthy. We know you are all in good hands.

Woos ~ Phantom, Thunder, and Ciara

The Thuglets said...

We are so pleased that Bella and Grandma are reunited. We have everything crossed here for Bella's full and speedy recovery.

Stay healthy you two!

Bi Nose Pokes
The Thugletsx

Kari in Alaska said...

So glad to hear Bella is home!

Kari
http://dogisgodinreverse.com/

Lorenza said...

I know Bella is now in the best hands!
Sure she will get better soon!
Glad she is eating now!
And you two, be patient and wait a little more to have fun with her ok?
Take care
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Pepsi Bum said...

Bella is very lucky to have found this home. I'm keeping my paws crossed for her to get much much much better!

I totally understand your interest in the paintings, Jake. I'd love them too!

Woofs,
Pepsi