Wednesday, August 11, 2010

The Readers Digest Version: Part 3 (Plus A Day to Celebrate!)

WOW!
It's a recent record!

Two blog posts in two days.
It must've been at least three months since we've managed that.
(You can read yesterday's Readers Digest Part Two of Our Trip here.)

There's a good reason for this quick turnaround.

Read on
And you'll find out why!
(Moma got motivated)

So
To continue a brief version
of our Very Special Trp.

We left off at the LeCordova Sculpture Park and Museum

(With one of us a bit disconcerted
You can find out more about that someday.  
When Moma takes the time to share our observations.)

From that (rather unsettling) place we traveled to the Mountain Home
of our Prestigious and Very Respectful WFT Author Friend
Chaucer

Whom Moma and OurGirl got to snuggle up close to 
and listen to his words of sound and wise advice

(It was a very special time.)

We also got to meet his protégé
Miss Shelley
The newly rescued and adopted wire fox terrier
Author-in-Training.

And ... boy ... can she
JUMP!

(Hehehe.  The Boy taught her!)

AND
The Boy gave us lots and lots of hugs and kisses
and a few treats, too.

Before we left to head West
(That made us a bit sad ...
We knew we had more friends to visit
but it meant we were heading the direction of home)
We got directions for a couple of really cool spots
Along the back roads of New Hampshire and Vermont

Among them:


Mmm. Mmm. Mmmmmm.

Next Stop
(Next Day)
This amazing place called Niagara Falls State Park
Where I ... well ... we'll save that story for a future post.
(Moma says she can only handle telling about it once.)

So Onward!
...  to ...


Calmly and patiently waiting on their Driveway
Quietly ready to greet us.

Seems Mumsie feared we might not be 
Shall we say ... appropriately Social
Together
Five Terriers.

Ha!
She was wrong.

We met

Nose to Nose

Stanny

Scruffy

and
of course
LacieGirlie

And we did GREAT!
(and Lacie's bottom is NOT big nor is she a lady of disrepute)

Well

We did Mostly Great.

There were a FEW minor transgressions
(Don't believe everything you may have read or will read)

Some of it may be true
And I did put myself in the Notty Corner
or
At Least
Gave MYSELF a wee bit of a time out.
(All on my own doing, I'll have you know.)

But it didn't last for long
(the time out)
and soon the three of them were showing me the wild turkeys
(no reference to any of the three of them)
trotting across their amazing back yard.

You should've seen them RUN!
(I want to learn to run like that someday)

There's more
Lots more
Some of a bit ... umm ... embarrassing
But we'll wait to tell you.

Next Morning?
A last minute plan to meet the Famous Reporter
and his mom, Asta Marie
(and Toby ... though we never really met Tobes)
That's me.
Jake
With Dewey
Who has been teaching me the Play Bow Move
as a precursor to wiry play
(I'm not sure if he figured out that I'm more of a Meet-and-Greeter
and 
Let's-Check-Out-These-New-Surroundings
Sort of Guy

But that's OK
We had a great time
Sniffing about while the People chit chatted 
and ate a yummy yummy Breakfast.


The rest of that day was spent riding and riding
While Moma and OurGirl spent it driving and driving.

We tried to sniff out Miss Fergi's Farfel
but his scent just wasn't quite strong enough.

So
Fergi left some traces of herself for him
In hopes he'd find it someday
But understanding if he doesn't.

(Sigh)


And then MORE riding and riding
And driving and driving.

Almost all the way to Chicago Land
Where we hoped to meet up with
and
the

But alas.
Schedules didn't work out.
(Another time.)

So
More riding and riding
and driving and driving
until we found it!

Where I got to meet (Sweet) Scruffy
(Oh my Dogness, Moma.  How could you let me publish this with this blatant error?)
What I meant to say was: Sweet BUTCHY
(so did Fergi get to meet him, but she's a bit shy to show it quite yet)

and

YES

The precious Kkkkkatie!

Look at her greeting me with that European kiss
(There's so much more to tell)

and Mutton Hollow's where I met 
... well ... 
I'll go ahead and admit it ...

Second to Sally in London
I think I met my ...

(PLEASE DON'T TEASE ME
I'LL ADMIT TO BEING A SENSITIVE GENTLE SOUL
PERHAPS A BIT ATYPICAL FOR A WIRE.)

I met my
True Love
Ruby
The Kitty

I truly was mesmerized by her.
Truly. Truly. Truly.

And
By the Fish
As well.

All of them.

Especially those in the big pretty aquariums

We had SUCH a good time
All of us!
(Wait until you read more!)

Next Stop
Was a quick visit to see Miss Cheryl
of MidWest Fox Terrier Rescue.
She was the wonderful lady
Who first rescued me
Got me from the dog auction
and opened the doors to my new Life.

I remembered Miss Cheryl
I knew her
Right away.
And it was very special.


Just think.
I went from a Puppy Mill breeder
Just a few short years ago
to a Cross Country Traveler today.
With dozens of very very special friends
that I got to meet
Snooter to Snooter
Along the way.

Life is SO Good!


All of the Incredible Experiences
Gave us all a lot to think about
To talk about
and 
To remember 
in the car
On our long drive home.
From a lot of different perspectives.

It was a great trip
A REALLY great trip.

But there is truly nothing like
Home Sweet Home.

And our Homecoming was Fantastic.
We got HOME
To OUR Home
Our FOREVER HOME!

And it was just as we had left it
Waiting for us
Welcoming us HOME!

And we got back
Just in time
To celebrate Fergi's Second Gotcha Day!

Today!

What a great Day!
What a great Summer!
What a great two Years!
What a great Family!
What a great Extended Family!

We all feel so Lucky!!!
(And I'm so glad that Fergi is my sister.
We were meant to be a Family.)

Yep.
That's the way that it is.
Pretty dog-gonned Good!

22 comments:

Koobuss said...

WOW!! What an education you guys got! But, there's no place like home, for sure. Your video proves that!

Glad you made it back safely and all is well. Rest, relax, catch your breath, and get ready for that next big adventure.

Good luck to Nina in her freshman year at Northern Colorado!


Love and Lots of Koobuss KIsses,
Koobie and Family

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

So many ahhhhhhhhhhs were whispered as we read this post!

Thanks fur sharing these pawesome memories!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra
PeeEssWoo: Are woo sure that was REALLY The Beastie? Maybe they hired a Lacie-Look-a-Like to avoid an international incident!

Karen Raye and Bentley Beargrass said...

What a nice trip you had and all the Terriers you got to meet. How fun! Glad you're home!

Lorenza said...

Happy Gotcha Day, Fergi!
You have no idea how much I enjoyed reading the posts of our friends telling us about your pawesome visits!
I am sure it is a experience you all will keep in your hearts forever!
Glad you are back at home!
Take care
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

White Dog Blog said...

Happy Gotcha Day Fergie! What a wonderful family and life you have grown into and this has been your year of amazing progress. Be proud and celebrate yourself for we surely are celebrating you...and the fact that fate has given us the opportunity to become your friends! Happy Happy Day!

Inky and Molly said...

Well, HAPPY GOTCHA DAY, dear Ferges!!

We're glad you arrived home safely. What a trip!

Wasn't that fun to see all your pal, some of our pals, too.

It appears though you must have got lost on the way somewhere because you clearly didn't make it around to our place. What's the story there??? Huh??

WFT Nobby said...

I know it's bery bad of me, but I still feel a bit jealous that you got to meet Katie...
Toodle pip!
Bertie.

Duke said...

What an adventure of a lifetime meeting all of your bloggiefriends in person! You have the perfect family who loves and adores you, Fergie. Happy gotcha day to you!

Love ya lots
Maggie and Mitch

George The Lad said...

Happy Gotcha Day Fergi, and want a great family you got! yes there's no place like home I could see that on the video.
See Yea George xxx

tula monstah said...

Happy Gotcha day Fergi! Wanted to send thank woo kissies fur the lovely gifts! (ha-nordude shared:) that was so FURRY nice of woo... i can't believe how many DWB's woo visited- great trip w/great memories, oh and true ruby luv! sorry i couldn't join the A-team on your boston visit. my big self gets a little coocoo around other doggies.

scratchies,
tula

Rudy said...

Wow....that sounds like so much fun!

The KGs said...

Ah welcome home- so happy to see you both running around enjoying your lovely home sweet home! What a fab trip you've had! I wish I could fly across the sea in one of those metal big birds and meet you! Dylan the Intrepid

Eric said...

Ahh. Wagging all those Miles of Smiles. I loved looking and reading all those lifetime and life changing memories you made Jake and Fergie. About the ties of love and friendship with our square cousins and their leggeds and I specially loved the photo's of you with Aunty Cheryl. We have her to thank for giving us you all!!

Can't wait to read part 4 and the intruiging out takes too. And bestest it was smashing to see Miss Fergie running around at home with her tail UP UP UP with I'm sure a bit of a wig going on. Happy Gottcha Day sweetie Miss Fergie pretty spots.

Wiry loves and a squillion square kisses Eric xxxxx

haa..my veri word is a combo of me and Otis (whe sends read rubs ) CATERIC!!!!

Amy & the house of cats said...

Oh it sounds like you had such a wonderful trip, and got to meet so many wonderful friends along the way! We still think our mom should have quit and met with you (but we guess she needs to work to keep us fed). But she says that it wasn't the right time but the right time will come for sure! Oh and we are so jealous because you look like you did great with the kitties on teh way too - and oh, all the pictures are so sweet!

And we are behind as usual, so we must wish Miss Fergie a very Happy (if belated) Gotcha Day!! We are sure you had so much fun on the trip that it was nice to have a relaxing gotcha day at home!

hkairedalespack said...

Happy belated Gotcha Day to Fergie! What a wonderful trip and happy visits with friends. Wishing Nina a great freshman year at college.
Hugs, Miley and Mariah

Tucker said...

You both look very happy to be home! Just like Dorothy said in the Wizard of Oz, "THERE'S NO PLACE LIKE HOME!"

licks and wags...
Tucker

Princess Patches said...

We just got a postcard from you! It has two beautimous WFT's on the front! Thank you sooooo much! We will keep it furever!

Aire-hugs,
Penny & Patches

Dewey Dewster said...

Wow....Ya have been around the world and then some.....what a great summer ya had but I can tell that ya were happiest of all when ya got home.....runnin' around with wild abandon....it was wonderful ta see ya havin' a good time....thanks fer the postcard with yer distinguished pictures on the front....ya look great ! 'N Happy Gotcha Day ta ya too.....

Dewey Dewster here.....

Dexter said...

I love seeing all those terrier photos! What a relief that there was no mayhem when you visited the beastie!

And look at your zoomies when you got home! Where do you find the energy?

Slobbers,
Mango

Kari in Alaska said...

That is quite the jump! Are there springs in her feet?
Don't forget, we moved to http://dogisgodinreverse.com/

The Thuglets said...

Happy Gottcha day Fergie!

Looks like you both ahd a fabulous trip meeting all your friends.

But there is no place like home!

Big Nose Pokes
The Thugletsx

Agatha and Archie said...

HOW DID WE MISS ALL OF THESE POSTS??maybe cause PL2 worked and we had NO ACCESS TO THE POOTER..geesh.. once again she is leaky(geesh) and when she saw you with Miss Cheryl got choked up....THere is WAY too much to dicuss here however just one little thing darling boy.... SHE IS A CAT....C.A.T. kittie... ( I know many of my cousins LOVE them but I have a little shall we say aversion to them..) Listen you can like her and stuff I just wouldn't broadcast it too much.. reputation and all that WIREY stuff.. Love Your Boston pals